Author Topic: Snoop chimes in on Detox delay  (Read 2152 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Snoop chimes in on Detox delay
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2008, 08:20:07 AM »
It was funny but the truth is Snoop did sound a bit bitter and it looks more and more to me that he might not be a part of Detox if he continues to make comments like these, and the fact is that Dre does not need Snoop to make a classic album
i wouldn't mind if snoop isn't on it at all  :D
like you said, Dre doesn't need him.

Okay, why don't you mention all the classic Dre solo albums without Snoop on it? None. Don't get me wrong, I'm a very big fan of Dre's but a Dre album without Snoop wouldn't be the same. They make classics together. I even think Hittman once mentioned in an interview that they started making 2001 without The Chronic "gang" (Snoop, Nate, Kurupt and so on) involved but they realised that it wouldn't be the same without them.

straight outta compton & niggaz4life were created without snoop; no they are not official Dre soloalbums but each track features Dre production.
and there were many reasons why 2001 & The Chronic were great, and Snoop is not the main one ( especially on 2001).

Another thing - Dre needs Snoop for the singles, the same with Eminem (& maybe 50 wether you like it or not) Bishop Lamont has very little mainstream appeal.
why does Dre necessarily need Snoop for a single? like you said, he already got Eminem & 50, who sell better solowise anyway, so there goes your sales argument.

by the way:
i wouldn't mind if snoop isn't on it at all  :D
like you said, Dre doesn't need him.
i didn't say that i don't want snoop on there, but i said that Dre doesn't need snoop to make Detox a great album.
whether you like it or not, Detox won't be a chronic 3.

HEC

« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2008, 08:33:30 AM »
Snoops commercail appeal is at an all time low, why would Dre need Snoop for singles? This album will sell 2 million easily with or without Snoop, I much rather see Kurupt, Rage, RBX on it

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2008, 08:35:28 AM »
Snoops commercail appeal is at an all time low, why would Dre need Snoop for singles? This album will sell 2 million easily with or without Snoop, I much rather see Kurupt, Rage, RBX on it

not to mention that it's been a long time since The Chronic and Doggystyle ( Snoop's peak).

;)

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2008, 08:50:36 AM »
Trust me guys... Dre will not release DETOX without Snoop, Em and Bishop.

HEC

« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2008, 08:51:46 AM »

not to mention that it's been a long time since The Chronic and Doggystyle ( Snoop's peak).

;)

exactly, this is 2008, I love the 90's my favorite era and the best hiphop ever was recorded in that period IMO, but we have to move on and not try to recreate it

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2008, 09:26:27 AM »
I wasn't feeling Snoop on 2001 to be honest, his verses were pretty tired and lackluster

If he's on Detox I hope Dre gets him to spit harder - a lot of the criticism when 2001 came out was that the beats were dope but the vocals were kind of meh, so Dre will probably try to be stepping that up this time round

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2008, 01:16:02 PM »
50,em,bishop,snoop and busta rhymes are obviously gonna be on it.
then i'm pretty sure there will be mary j blige, marsha of floetry, and maybe stat quo

The D.O.C and

messi19

« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2008, 01:17:41 PM »
then i'm pretty sure there will be mary j blige, marsha of floetry, and maybe stat quo

50 and Busta are not gonna be on it.

Cali_Raized

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2008, 01:19:33 PM »

50 will be on it no matter how much no one wants him on there..

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2008, 01:21:59 PM »
Game's gonna be on it too :)   lol. If not, Me, one of Dre's biggest fans will be dissapointed. period. If he choses to NOT record a track with GAME because of stupid curtis and Jimmy.

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2008, 01:24:48 PM »
yeah game would be cool on detox on a westcoast track with snoop, warren g, nate dogg...
When you hear game on tracks like "big dreams", its sounds like he could make a great appearance on a heavy dre beat (with DOC writing some real shit for him)

The D.O.C and

messi19

« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2008, 04:25:49 PM »

50 will be on it no matter how much no one wants him on there..

No he won't. I've got confirmed reports that he won't.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2008, 06:04:02 PM »
i believe you rebel, well i hope anyway.

As for not needing snoop, that is bullshit, dogystyle, chronic and 2001 were all classics and a HUGE part of all them were snoop...and ofcourse dre without question but snoop played huge roles in them albums, anyone denying this dont know shit. Dre know snoop needs to be on it and snoop knows he will be wanted on it. End of Fucking Story

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2008, 12:21:51 AM »

As for not needing snoop, that is bullshit, dogystyle, chronic and 2001 were all classics and a HUGE part of all them were snoop...and ofcourse dre without question but snoop played huge roles in them albums, anyone denying this dont know shit. Dre know snoop needs to be on it and snoop knows he will be wanted on it. End of Fucking Story

i love it when somebody's music taste influences his/her reasonable thinking.

Snoops commercial appeal is at an all time low, why would Dre need Snoop for singles

so as far as sales, he's not needed.

then contentwise, what can snoop contribute to the lyrics/concept what can't be done by the core Detox team?

so again, why i snoop needed?

« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 12:30:23 AM by Dre-Day - Officer of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2008, 04:42:36 AM »

i love it when somebody's music taste influences his/her reasonable thinking.

Snoops commercial appeal is at an all time low, why would Dre need Snoop for singles

so as far as sales, he's not needed.

then contentwise, what can snoop contribute to the lyrics/concept what can't be done by the core Detox team?

so again, why i snoop needed?

Snoop is needed 'cause he was Dre's original main protoge. The whole "Batman & Robin" aspect of his story started with Snoop. Does this really need to be explained? Doesn't "Deep Cover", "Nuthin' But a G-Thang", "The Wash", "The Next Episode" and many other songs say enough? Dr. Dre has brought out and worked with many artists in his career. But with each era of Dre's solo story (e.g. his solo albums and the music that directly surrounds it), Dre brings out a "main Robin-type" artist that stands out (like a partner in crime, so to speak). When Dre brought us "The Chronic", Snoop was his right hand man. He was the original and will always have that unique relationship with Dre. "Doggystyle" was part of that "Chronic" era. The music says it all. When time came for "Chronic 2001", Eminem carried that role (mind you, this takes NOTHING away from Snoop, just a continuation of the Dr. Dre story). "The Marshall Mathers LP" was a part of the "2001" era, as well. If and when Dre closes his solo trilogy with "DETOX", Bishop Lamont is being groomed to be that last "Robin" to Dre's "Batman". I reckon that "The Reformation" will be part of the "DETOX" era.... we'll see I guess.

...and that is why I'm saying that there will be no DETOX without Snoop, Em and Bishop. 'Cause those 3 protoges are the most imortant artists to Dre when it comes to his story... and the good doctor is aware of this.