Author Topic: Snoop chimes in on Detox delay  (Read 2147 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Snoop chimes in on Detox delay
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2008, 06:40:37 AM »
i believe you rebel, well i hope anyway.

As for not needing snoop, that is bullshit, dogystyle, chronic and 2001 were all classics and a HUGE part of all them were snoop...and ofcourse dre without question but snoop played huge roles in them albums, anyone denying this dont know shit. Dre know snoop needs to be on it and snoop knows he will be wanted on it. End of Fucking Story

i love it when somebody's music taste influences his/her reasonable thinking.

Snoops commercial appeal is at an all time low, why would Dre need Snoop for singles

so as far as sales, he's not needed.

then contentwise, what can snoop contribute to the lyrics/concept what can't be done by the core Detox team?

so again, why i snoop needed?

Snoop is needed 'cause he was Dre's original main protoge. The whole "Batman & Robin" aspect of his story started with Snoop. Does this really need to be explained? Doesn't "Deep Cover", "Nuthin' But a G-Thang", "The Wash", "The Next Episode" and many other songs say enough? Dr. Dre has brought out and worked with many artists in his career. But with each era of Dre's solo story (e.g. his solo albums and the music that directly surrounds it), Dre brings out a "main Robin-type" artist that stands out (like a partner in crime, so to speak). When Dre brought us "The Chronic", Snoop was his right hand man. He was the original and will always have that unique relationship with Dre. "Doggystyle" was part of that "Chronic" era. The music says it all. When time came for "Chronic 2001", Eminem carried that role (mind you, this takes NOTHING away from Snoop, just a continuation of the Dr. Dre story). "The Marshall Mathers LP" was a part of the "2001" era, as well. If and when Dre closes his solo trilogy with "DETOX", Bishop Lamont is being groomed to be that last "Robin" to Dre's "Batman". I reckon that "The Reformation" will be part of the "DETOX" era.... we'll see I guess.

...and that is why I'm saying that there will be no DETOX without Snoop, Em and Bishop. 'Cause those 3 protoges are the most imortant artists to Dre when it comes to his story... and the good doctor is aware of this.

you're only coming with a few subjective arguments.

and you even said it yourself, Snoop wasn't dre's "right hand mand" on 2001, like he was on the Chronic.

i didn't mind at all that snoop was on 2001, but i don't need to see another recreation of a once great formula, for Detox.

that's why i said that Dre don't need Snoop to make Detox a success.
yes that statement is subjective too, but i backed it up with facts, together with HighEyeCue.
unlike Lyrical G, who backed up his statement with biased bullshit.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2008, 07:10:52 AM »

As for not needing snoop, that is bullshit, dogystyle, chronic and 2001 were all classics and a HUGE part of all them were snoop...and ofcourse dre without question but snoop played huge roles in them albums, anyone denying this dont know shit. Dre know snoop needs to be on it and snoop knows he will be wanted on it. End of Fucking Story

Snoops commercial appeal is at an all time low, why would Dre need Snoop for singles

then contentwise, what can snoop contribute to the lyrics/concept what can't be done by the core Detox team?

Snoop is needed 'cause he was Dre's original main protoge. The whole "Batman & Robin" aspect of his story started with Snoop. Does this really need to be explained? Doesn't "Deep Cover", "Nuthin' But a G-Thang", "The Wash", "The Next Episode" and many other songs say enough? Dr. Dre has brought out and worked with many artists in his career. But with each era of Dre's solo story (e.g. his solo albums and the music that directly surrounds it), Dre brings out a "main Robin-type" artist that stands out (like a partner in crime, so to speak). When Dre brought us "The Chronic", Snoop was his right hand man. He was the original and will always have that unique relationship with Dre. "Doggystyle" was part of that "Chronic" era. The music says it all. When time came for "Chronic 2001", Eminem carried that role (mind you, this takes NOTHING away from Snoop, just a continuation of the Dr. Dre story). "The Marshall Mathers LP" was a part of the "2001" era, as well. If and when Dre closes his solo trilogy with "DETOX", Bishop Lamont is being groomed to be that last "Robin" to Dre's "Batman". I reckon that "The Reformation" will be part of the "DETOX" era.... we'll see I guess.

...and that is why I'm saying that there will be no DETOX without Snoop, Em and Bishop. 'Cause those 3 protoges are the most imortant artists to Dre when it comes to his story... and the good doctor is aware of this.

and you even said it yourself, Snoop wasn't dre's "right hand mand" on 2001, like he was on the Chronic.

i didn't mind at all that snoop was on 2001, but i don't need to see another recreation of a once great formula, for Detox.

yes that statement is subjective too, but i backed it up with facts, together with HighEyeCue.

Haha Dude, you need to chill man. This is just a discussion relating to an artist and his music. Nobody is arguing.

First off, where did I say that "Snoop wasn't dre's right hand mand on 2001"? If anything, I enforced the exact opposite by making it clear that Em's position did not take ANYTHING AWAY from Snoop. The same how Bishop's wont take anything away from Snoop or Em. And this isn't about recreating a formula 'cause that formula has already been put in place and exists in the music history, feel me?

But in the end, this is only my opinion. And its not that big of a deal  :)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2008, 07:30:45 AM »

Haha Dude, you need to chill man. This is just a discussion relating to an artist and his music. Nobody is arguing.

First off, where did I say that "Snoop wasn't dre's right hand mand on 2001"? I

well you sort of said that; and it's true, cause hittman was featured on several tracks, just not on any of the singles. my bad if i caused any confusion.
sure Eminem and Snoop had their own roles on 2001; i was just stating that Snoop's role is a lot smaller on 2001 than it was on the Chronic.

And this isn't about recreating a formula 'cause that formula has already been put in place and exists in the music history, feel me?
But in the end, this is only my opinion. And its not that big of a deal  :)
well i like a lot of the things that they've done together.
but i think a snoop & dre collabo will be another recreation of an old formula.
true Imagine was a bit different, but thanks to who? the D.O.C. right?  ;)

and i respect that you disagree with me, i just thought that you were trying to convince me in your previous post.
my previous post was mainly a response to Lyrical G, since he was being biased and disrespectful again

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2008, 10:55:00 AM »
Dre-Day - officer of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement and Rebel, i think you are both right in a sense. And you both know what your talking about obviously : first one made that huge detox thread and collected all the infos about the project + the kill jimmy movement says it all, second is the boss of aftermathmusic forum so...You are not the average dre fan.
Anyway, i aint here to suck your dicks
When i read your comments i don't see any false statement. Just two point of views which i both agree.

Cause yeah snoop always played a major role in dre's music and success. Snoop has made so many hits with dre, we can't even count. From nuthing but a g thang to still dre (the biggest singles that introduced the chronic and 2001), they got that classic chemistry. So, that being said. Alot of people are expecting Dre to come with snoop. Cause it has always been like that. They still friends. So its all good. That would be a mistake if snoop was not on detox because he represents something, he voice fits good on dre beats, and alot of fans might be dissapointing not to see him there.
To conclude, Dre chose Snoop over Busta for something... It has that old school revival feeling of a "dre and snoop" classic material.

On the other hand, i agree that Snoop is not NEEDED. Times have changed and snoop is now a pop star, he's not so close to dre as they used to be.
And dre has so much people working with him that he doesnt need anyone in particular. He doesnt need mike elizondo, he doesnt need melman, he doesnt need DOC...
He could do a crazy album without them but they are all a bonus, they all add their ideas to the project.
To me snoop is not more important than DOC, bishop, hittman, focus, elizondo, melman, eminem...etc speaking of music quality.

but speaking of making history and please fan, yeah Snoop is more important than most of those.

peace to all the detox nerds like me  ;D

The D.O.C and

Chad Vader

« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2008, 03:20:20 PM »
Snoop is needed 'cause he was Dre's original main protoge.
The whole "Batman & Robin" aspect of his story started with Snoop.
Does this really need to be explained?
Doesn't "Deep Cover", "Nuthin' But a G-Thang", "The Wash", "The Next Episode" and many other songs say enough?

I see your point,but I see every album that Dre has produced from top to bottom as Dre "solo" album.
...And like this review says;
Dre exchanges rhymes with Snoop like he did with Ren,and you get the feeling they´re in perfect sync.
Dr.Dre Magazine Scans thread. *Interviews,reviews etc.*
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=150824.0

So if this theory should be supported,Ren is the "original Robin"  ;).
But as I said I see what you´re saying,but had to bring that to your attention  ;)
Why don´t the serious cats in here that got more to say about Detox than the usual bullshit join this thread instead;
The serious DETOX thread: what are y'all hoping for?
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=150187.0

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2008, 03:45:07 PM »

Dude you be always tallking shiiiit and are you a girl? Cuz you seem to get hurt real quick everytime i post because i notice my karma gettin lower with each time i say something that 'hurts' you. Now you say my statement is biased? Why? Because snoop and dre create the best shit together? lol...okay....you say snoop is not needed because he has eminem and 50 anyway? Lmao...you serious about that? eminem has been wack for 6-7 years and 50 is like afalling brick. Snoop and Dre never fail to create. Detox is just a title name, u think snoop will not be on it whatever direction they choose to go? Same like eminem, whatever garbage the cat been doing forever since MMLP dropped he will be on detox after his performances on 2001. Snoop will be on it because he was the star on chronic and on 2001 he has some show stoppers like next episode and his hook on still dre...what bullshit am i speakin? Son dont bother speaking to me about hiphop cuz you aint on my level. The newbies do not know. Now go diss me,lol....

im out my lil bitch

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2008, 03:46:15 PM »

true story

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2008, 01:13:29 AM »

Dude you be always tallking shiiiit and are you a girl? Cuz you seem to get hurt real quick everytime i post because i notice my karma gettin lower with each time i say something that 'hurts' you. Now you say my statement is biased? Why? Because snoop and dre create the best shit together? lol...okay....you say snoop is not needed because he has eminem and 50 anyway? Lmao...you serious about that? eminem has been wack for 6-7 years and 50 is like afalling brick. Snoop and Dre never fail to create. Detox is just a title name, u think snoop will not be on it whatever direction they choose to go? Same like eminem, whatever garbage the cat been doing forever since MMLP dropped he will be on detox after his performances on 2001. Snoop will be on it because he was the star on chronic and on 2001 he has some show stoppers like next episode and his hook on still dre...what bullshit am i speakin? Son dont bother speaking to me about hiphop cuz you aint on my level. The newbies do not know. Now go diss me,lol....

im out my lil bitch

why are you being ignorant? i backed up my statement, so why don't you reply to it in a constructive way in stead of doing personal attacks(you claim to know a lot more about hiphop than me; it might be true, but wouldn't it be great if you used your knowlegde to back up your statements in a constructive way)?
i can't help it that you can't handle criticism and your response only proved how biased you are.
besides, if you're going to respond to my statements, then at least read it properly before judging.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 01:35:07 AM by Dre-Day - Officer of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »