Author Topic: Israeli Civilians.. A Contradiction Within Itself ?  (Read 139 times)

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Israeli Civilians.. A Contradiction Within Itself ?
« on: April 01, 2008, 08:29:17 AM »
With all thats been happening in in the Middle East, it has got me thinking. I read something like for every 1 Israeli that is killed there are 10-20 Palestinians (cant remember exact figure).

Back to the title i have been thinking can you actually be an Israeli citizen and a civilian at the same time? Obviously young children are an exception as they have no control over where they are born however i think that after they reach an age where they can make rational decisions probably about 16/17+ then they too come into this argument. What i'm thinking is that by choosing to live in Israel: you are firstly living in what is recognised as occupied territory. Also because of compulsory conscription into the army you are also knowingly going to be/have been in a recognised occupying force, trained as a killing machine, in one of the most sophisticated military forces in the world.

I havent made a clear distinction about whether civilians in Israel actually exists however its just got me thinking. But every life is a precious life regardless of race, creed or colour.

What are your views on this?

Australian Bastard

Re: Israeli Civilians.. A Contradiction Within Itself ?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 02:50:06 AM »
In about 80 years there won't be a Palestinian West Bank left, officially maybe, but ultimately it will all be Israel and unofficially it will be the West Bank Palestinian State of Israel.   

In the future the militant West Bank elements will have been killed off or adequately subjugated and the West Bank Palestinian will begin to see the future of his economic survival with Israel and of course they will always be under a watchful eye...

Every rocket attack into Israel serves this purpose. It provides Israel with enough justification to maintain or enhance security over the area.

Of course there will still be a Palestinain government in the West Bank, but whats the point in having a state government when you are not represented on a federal level? Thats what the Palestinain government will ultimately be, unofficially the people living in the West Bank Palestinian state of Israel, its like being able to vote for the state government, but unable to vote in the federal elections, even though the West Bank Palestinians are and will continue to be economically part of and dependant on Israel.

Thats sadly what the future seems to hold. This is all considering the West Bank, the Gaza Strip will probably continue to be left to wallow in destruction because geographically it isn't in the way of Israel.

Personnally, if I was a Palestinian id move the fuck away to another more peaceful part of the world...like Australia.

...its a never ending game that never ceases to exist only the players change.

-The GZA, 'I Gotcha Back', Liquid Swords.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 02:56:20 AM by Illuminatus Overfiendus »

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 10:54:39 AM »
Personnally, if I was a Palestinian id move the fuck away to another more peaceful part of the world...like Australia.

Palestinians already make up the largest group of refugees in the world... and them moving away only serves Israel's purpose.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 11:31:37 AM »
Israel is not a contradiction when the original area of Palestine was partitioned to establish the sovereign state of Israel, then through international law, I believe Israel became recognised as a nation. The occupied territories was land that was seized during the 6 day war, this is additional land which is not recognised within the borders of the nation and thus although there have been many attempts to recognise Israel by the arabs, Israel refuses to give back the land, refuses to allow people the right of return to their homes  and is spitting in the face of international law. This in turn gives rise to genuine extremism and hatred, poisons the palestinians against the jews and then gives the Israeli military and cohorts the excuse it needs to crack down on the palestinians and drive more of them out leading to a further expansion of the settlements. It's a problem that will never be fixed I don't think, all of the plans for peace are bullshit, the interference and complicity of other governments only worsens the situation and basically this really is a David and Goliath battle, only Goliath has tanks and helicopters. Notably Mosadeq was very much a moderate who was on good terms with the Israelis and the U.S but on his insistence that Iran was not going to just hand over it's oil fields and the "palestinian question" the relationship was soured and that was the end of Mosadeq the staged terror which ensued that was blamed on him has been declassified.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 03:08:08 PM by virtuoso »

Australian Bastard

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 05:49:56 PM »
staged terror: because sometimes freedom needs a little shove...