Author Topic: Do You Believe In Fate?  (Read 372 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: Do You Believe In Fate?
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 03:50:30 PM »
Well it's funny. Cuz if you believe in psychics, they tell you your future. Well how do they know your future? Your life's gotta be pre-planned word?

There's somethang to think about your 'life being predetermined' question.

But, come on.

Your life is a done deal. Everythang happens for a reason, point blank. Point blank. If it ain't meant to be did, it ain't gon be did. I don't understand how people don't believe that?

Elevz

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2008, 05:21:40 PM »
Are you a plant?

Chief

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2008, 08:16:58 PM »
Well it's funny. Cuz if you believe in psychics, they tell you your future. Well how do they know your future? Your life's gotta be pre-planned word?

There's somethang to think about your 'life being predetermined' question.

But, come on.

Your life is a done deal. Everythang happens for a reason, point blank. Point blank. If it ain't meant to be did, it ain't gon be did. I don't understand how people don't believe that?

thats just the attitude people adopt to make themselves feel better for themselves.

if something is meant to happen, you need to make it happen yourself. if you fail the first time try again... otherwise you're just not cut out for hwat you're doing, i guess that can be fate because there are some peeps out there better at doing shit than others.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2008, 01:43:38 PM »
^ Aight, I hear you Aaliyah. 8)

Are you a plant?
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What?

Elevz

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2008, 04:27:56 PM »
Are you a plant?
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What?

Why, well:

"All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet" - Hunter S. Thompson.
That much is true. But if what you said there is true, then why does everything happen for a reason, and what do you consider a reason? Does that mean that everything has a purpose, or just that everything is part of a game of cause and effect?

Example: If I point a well aimed and loaded gun at you and I pull the trigger, you die. But did you die because I pulled the trigger? Definately (but also because the gun was loaded, and operating, and nothing else got in the way, and I aimed well, etc.). But did I pull that trigger for a reason? I must have, because fingers don't flex at random; neither do guns have a will of their own. But do I have a reason for having a reason? Perhaps - because unless my shooting you was an accident, I wouldn't have done it if I were a strong advocate against violence regardless of its cause (such as a buddhist, just to name something you could think of).
The question is, was I destined to pull that trigger, much like a plant grows towards the sun, or was it a conscious decision I made? Was it something I personally had an influence on, not through my fate, but by my conscious (or even unconscious or subconscious) actions?

Plants do things just because they so happen to be. They grow towards the sun, if thats what their genetic material tells them. They suck up water if they can, whenever their reserves run low, because their genetic material tells them so. Why does their genetic material tell them so? It was a game of chance that made one plant's genetic material like that; it was those specific traits that made such plants more fit for survival through the "whims of the great magnet". There you have it: "the origin of species" (Darwin) in a nutshell.

There's nothing personal about a plant. A plant has no identity because it has no consciousness, no cognition. Still, plants do influence the world. They prevent the earth from eroding, and trees and bushes can change the course of rivers, and of the places animals live, and the decisions of humans as to where to build their homes, etc. But since plants, trees and bushes have no cognition and no consciousness, the way they are and where and how they are is a matter of where other circumstances happen to take them. They're powerless. If a fire comes, they burn. If a flood is on its way, they drown.

We as humans (as well as all animals, only to a lesser degree) are more complex than that. We've got a cognitive faculty, we've got a consciousness. When a fire comes, we either run because we know we can't stand the heat so we get out of the way of the fire, or we think of ways to extinguish the fire. Was that too meant to happen - the way we think, or the way humanity has developed through the inventions, beliefs and doctrines that have guided us the ages? Are you a puppet in the hands of God, or do you have authority over your life, your actions and the direction you're taking? I sure hope it's the latter, because you don't want to be a plant or a puppet, at the mercy of the whims of anything that could, might and will control your destiny?

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2008, 09:33:47 AM »
See your way of thinkin' is so complicated.

Elevz

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2008, 10:08:46 AM »
See your way of thinkin' is so complicated.

Perhaps you're right, but it's a complicated issue. The conclusions are very clear though. You've got the capacity to think, thus to control your actions. That means you can do just about as much as your thinking capacity allows you to. The world doesn't control you.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2008, 11:13:38 AM »
And you're right. But what chu choose, you choose for a reason. ;)

Yeah, you choose it, you make the decision on your own, but it was meant to happen. You control your actions but that action was fate. It was designed to happen. There's a meaning behind every little thang.

Elevz

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2008, 03:26:40 AM »
Yeah, you choose it, you make the decision on your own, but it was meant to happen.

So, according to you, somebody or something does control your decisions, indirectly turning you into a higher level puppet?

You control your actions but that action was fate. It was designed to happen. There's a meaning behind every little thang.

I just wonder what you mean by "designed to happen" and "a meaning behind every little thing". What sort of meaning - is it all working towards a goal? Designed for what purpose?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2008, 08:37:22 AM »
If I lock you in a cave and give you nothing to eat for 5 days, then give you the choice between a piece of shit and some dope turkey, you will eat the turkey, it will be your decision, but I sure as hell had enough influence on the decision to claim control over you. The world / the social environment / culture, etc definitely controls you to some degree.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2008, 07:52:14 PM »
Yeah, you choose it, you make the decision on your own, but it was meant to happen.

So, according to you, somebody or something does control your decisions, indirectly turning you into a higher level puppet?

You control your actions but that action was fate. It was designed to happen. There's a meaning behind every little thang.

I just wonder what you mean by "designed to happen" and "a meaning behind every little thing". What sort of meaning - is it all working towards a goal? Designed for what purpose?

I wouldn't call him a puppet. But yeah to your questions. :-\