Author Topic: Do You Believe In Fate?  (Read 852 times)

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Do You Believe In Fate?
« on: April 01, 2008, 08:25:55 AM »
Do u believe whatever happens throughout ur life, its already bin written and planned out, and whatever happens, its meant to happen?

Or do u think life is full of random choices?do you think its down to random coincidences ?

do you elieve that what happens in our lifes is all down to our own choice and we control our lives and what we make of them is up to us?

Floydness

Re: Do You Believe In Fate?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 01:49:13 PM »
I feel that everything in life sometimes happens for a reason but we still maintain some control of our destiny...

Doggystylin

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 01:59:17 PM »
kinda like the show LOST, that show is so fucking amazing

Floydness

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 02:26:42 PM »
u know whats really cool? is that shows theme song " i still believe" if u dont know, and ur interested look it up on youtube.

Doggystylin

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 02:36:32 PM »
i don't know what you're talking about

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 03:22:46 PM »
I believe in fate in the sense that there are more factors out of your control than factors that you can con control that have the potential to act on your existence. But on the other hand, the factors that you can control can be the determining factors of whether or not you are a success. I do not believe in fate in the sense that everything is preplanned and there is no course of action to change your possibilities.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 06:25:34 AM »
Do u believe whatever happens throughout ur life, its already bin written and planned out, and whatever happens, its meant to happen?

Or do u think life is full of random choices?do you think its down to random coincidences ?

do you elieve that what happens in our lifes is all down to our own choice and we control our lives and what we make of them is up to us?

NOOO to all your questions. I'm going to be very brief, because I'm not in the mood to post.

Question 1: NOOOO.. not even a little bit. How absurd would that be? No "higher entity" would give a damn about what the fuck happens in my life. Or your life, for that matter. Why the FUCK would all the BULLSHIT that happens in the world be meant to happen, anyways? People who think like that make me angry. Written my ass.

Question 2 and 3: Those come way closer to reality, but are all waaaay over-simplyfied. Technically, nothing is really random. That does not mean that everything is "meant to happen" or some bullshit-phrase similiar to that. LOL@black and white way of thinking.

Question 4: Not at all. Most importantly, there's this little thingy called genetics. Not our choice what genes we are born with, and trust me, they have waaaaaaay more influence on EVERYTHING in our lives than all those "you can do it!!!"-types of people would ever be willing to admit.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Narrator

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 06:32:29 AM »
Yes, I believe in fate. The fate of the pale faces is to burn in hell for being Yakub Crew scum. It is Allah's will, destined to come.

Chief

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 07:17:46 AM »
I feel that everything in life sometimes happens for a reason but we still maintain some control of our destiny...

that makes no sense  :P

bugger that, you control your fate to the fullest, your life can go in every direction, lifes all about opportunity, its what you do with it that counts.

Elevz

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 11:04:45 AM »
I agree with 7even... The black and white reasoning here is ridiculous.

Down to a certain point, you can say that everything that happens is only a reaction to the other things that are happening, which happen as a logical reaction to other things, etc. You can compare this to rack breaking in a game of eight-ball: all the balls interact, and a highly complicated formula probably could predict exactly where each of the balls would end. It's all logical and predictable, albeit extremely complicated. To a certain degree, you could say the very same is constantly going on on a way larger scale, determining all the courses of existance. That's the world we as humans live in.

And yes, the environment obviously does influence who you are as a person. Great inventions become possible only after someone else made some other inventions first. It's a social environment you're born in, that determines your culture, your language and all the things you get in touch with. That's where you learn. That's what determines what happens to your genes, and how they evolve into a person.

One aspect of all of this should not be overlooked. Amidst all the influences, at the end of the day, you're still a human being. Human beings have a thinking faculty. They reason. No matter how comforting the thought of not being responsible for the things that happen in your life might be, the fact is that you're a thinking human being, and your thinking does influence the things you do. The things you do, influence what happens. Your life isn't totally beyond your control. Don't act like it is - don't back out of responsibility, because your life will become a mysterious misery if you practice what such beliefs preach.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 06:59:22 PM »
Down to a certain point, you can say that everything that happens is only a reaction to the other things that are happening, which happen as a logical reaction to other things, etc. You can compare this to rack breaking in a game of eight-ball: all the balls interact, and a highly complicated formula probably could predict exactly where each of the balls would end. It's all logical and predictable, albeit extremely complicated. To a certain degree, you could say the very same is constantly going on on a way larger scale, determining all the courses of existance. That's the world we as humans live in.
Yes. But to say that things "are written" and "meant to be" is basically like raping  that theory. You know what I mean.

And yes, the environment obviously does influence who you are as a person. Great inventions become possible only after someone else made some other inventions first. It's a social environment you're born in, that determines your culture, your language and all the things you get in touch with. That's where you learn. That's what determines what happens to your genes, and how they evolve into a person.
Of course. Still, I think our genes have significantly more influence on us than our environment does.

One aspect of all of this should not be overlooked. Amidst all the influences, at the end of the day, you're still a human being. Human beings have a thinking faculty. They reason. No matter how comforting the thought of not being responsible for the things that happen in your life might be, the fact is that you're a thinking human being, and your thinking does influence the things you do. The things you do, influence what happens. Your life isn't totally beyond your control. Don't act like it is - don't back out of responsibility, because your life will become a mysterious misery if you practice what such beliefs preach.
To be honest, I think that point is stronly connected to the one before. Genes and environment. We, as human beings, DO reason.. but come the fuck on. If you were some random nigga born in Panama, you would not be doing whatever the heck you are doing right now. Especially not if you were also dumb as fuck, 5'0'', female and 230lbs on top of that. Genes DO mean a FUCKING lot.
No, it's not a sin

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 11:13:55 PM »
Yes, I believe in fate. The fate of the pale faces is to burn in hell for being Yakub Crew scum. It is Allah's will, destined to come.

the term "pale faces" is so poignant.  I love it.

when it rains it pours

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 12:04:18 AM »
i dunno no man, i have mixed feelings.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zJM4EBuL82o&amp;hl=en" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zJM4EBuL82o&amp;hl=en</a>

Elevz

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008, 03:32:32 AM »
Yes. But to say that things "are written" and "meant to be" is basically like raping  that theory. You know what I mean.

Well, that depends on whether you mean "written" and "meant to be" in a metaphorical or in a divine context. I strongly disagree with the latter, but you could make a case for the first. That's basically just because all things come from somewhere, and their status is a reaction to everything else. Butterfly effect theories and such.

Of course. Still, I think our genes have significantly more influence on us than our environment does.

To be honest, I think that point is stronly connected to the one before. Genes and environment. We, as human beings, DO reason.. but come the fuck on. If you were some random nigga born in Panama, you would not be doing whatever the heck you are doing right now. Especially not if you were also dumb as fuck, 5'0'', female and 230lbs on top of that. Genes DO mean a FUCKING lot.

There's potential geniusses born in Africa every day, but we don't hear from them. They don't get a chance to develop. That's their environment fucking with them.

Why, being dumb as fuck is merely a state of not properly having learned to cope with the world. Being clueless. Someone who's really born with a great capacity for intelligence, will find his own way through a lot of every day things. Just don't expect young kids to know deeper mathematics when they've never been in touch with a math book. Don't expect them to grasp philosophy, when theoretical philosophy is kept far away from them in every day life. They may grasp some very intelligent things by themselves, but you definately do need a fertile environment to get anywhere. That's how the cognitive faculty works. The greatest machine wouldn't work without power. The greatest brain doesn't function without stimuli.
Being 230lbs is another thing that may seem very much genetic, but honestly, don't you think food patterns and physical exercise are rather much culturally determined?

At the end of the day, it's a mixture of influences that determines who we are and what we do. The most fanatical religion might tell you to turn off your reasoning capacity and hand it over to some god, but that can't fully stop the fact that you're a reasoning human being with senses and a cognitive faculty. Such influences can strongly corrupt the way you perceive every day life, but it cannot stop you from perceiving. People who live in environments without the right stimuli, still won't really get far by just relying on their genes. At the same time, there's lots of idiots born in prosperous countries with plenty libraries. That's either their genes keeping them down, or their environment stopping them from making that small step towards gathering that knowledge.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2008, 03:57:32 AM »
I don't think there's a real difference between the brain and other parts of the body, except that the brain is a lot more complex. Just as there are people with the physical potential to become NBA stars and people who could never even come close to do that even if they dedicate their lives to it, there are people with more brain capacity and people with less; and that is all based on genetics. The environment can be helpful or hurtful in regards of developping the potential, but the potential as such is purely based on genetics. I hate people who think that everybody could be a genius if only raised right. That's like saying everybody could play tennis like Federer if raised that way. What a load of crap.

Like when your ass is saying:
Being 230lbs is another thing that may seem very much genetic, but honestly, don't you think food patterns and physical exercise are rather much culturally determined?

It doesn't just seem genetic, it is. Of course, with a different personality and environment, some people tend to be more or less likely to be that way. No question about that. Still, there are people who could eat exactly what I eat and turn out completely different after a few months or even weeks. Most people tend to underrate genetics, because it hurts them that they are not in full control, they feel like robots. They rather believe that everything is up to them and they can be anything they want to be and whatever else retarded stuff they want to think.

Which brings me to my next point. Even things like traits, whims or even the entire personality of someone is mostly based on genetics. One would then argue that certain experiences and such can shape a person. Which of course is true... but the way you react towards stuff that happens to you... even towards parental treatment and such...  again has its roots in the genes you are born with.

Bottom line: Just because a lot of stuff affects your character, your potential, your life etc, the very basis of who you are still lies in your genes. A potential NBA player who doesn't get proper nutrition and training because he lives in a fucked up environment has of course a very different life compared to LeBron James... I'm aware of that, so don't get it twisted. I'm not under-estimating environment at all.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 04:19:24 AM by 7even »
No, it's not a sin