Author Topic: Why Graffiti still consider illegal ?  (Read 1243 times)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Re: Why Graffiti still consider illegal ?
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2008, 11:19:57 AM »
Well,well....
First I look like an idiot,I´m a vandal and now also I´m a gangbanger.  :-X :P
Great!  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :P :P :P :P :P :P :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

lol im saying taggin came from gangbanging, and the fact that people get killed over it, thats y its considered illegal because kids lose lives whether their juz taggin for fun, crossin out sum1's name , or ur just an artisit. for example mutha fuckas still mad dogg you as if they gonna jump out the car when ur doin community service and cleanin up all the taggin and sometimes they do. thats y its still illegal because violence surrounds it in general.

log off and get back to "the streets"

this euro faggit doesnt seem to know im juz explainin shit for fuckers like you. if u dont like it or think its a joke, come down here, shit u can go to to suburbs and tag your ass will still get stabbed.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2008, 06:38:02 AM »
Go to San Fernando and I'll show you why that shit is illegal. Shit is just plain ugly and leads to unnecessary violence when a store owner, who pays taxes and rent to operate his business, gets murdered for painting over the ugly shit that is scaring away his customers. Fuck that shit.

I thought this thread was about graf art not tagging. tagging is bullshit.

same thing homies... taggin is the generalize version of graf art, murals, whatever, u write in the wrong hood thats the last thing u gonna do.

No, its not the same thing. Tagging and graf are two completely separate "movements."

Elevz

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2008, 09:19:13 AM »
I just wanted to come by and say "Hello" once more. So here it goes:

Hello! :wavey:

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2008, 04:25:46 PM »
So now I´m a idiot and a vandal  :P :P :P :P :P
What the hell?  :P :P :P :P

hey chad,i've never said you are an idiot  ;)

I know  ;),not directly (or even aimed at me in any way)  ;)
But you make fun of poppers,lockers and other members hates graffiti.
I used to pop (not lock),and can still do it. = I look like an idiot  :P :-X :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I´m a graffiti writer. = some members think this is vandalism,so I guess I´m a vandal  :P :-X :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well,well....
First I look like an idiot,
I´m a vandal
and now I´m also a gangbanger  :-X :P
Great!  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :P :P :P :P :P :P :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Graffiti was cool.....when I was 14.

...what now?
I´m unmature too  :P :P :P :-X :-X :-X :-\ :-\ :-\ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

lol im saying taggin came from gangbanging, and the fact that people get killed over it, thats y its considered illegal because kids lose lives whether their juz taggin for fun, crossin out sum1's name , or ur just an artisit. for example mutha fuckas still mad dogg you as if they gonna jump out the car when ur doin community service and cleanin up all the taggin and sometimes they do. thats y its still illegal because violence surrounds it in general.

^^^^seriously ^^^  ;)
Don´t speak on shit you clearly HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT!!!!!!!!

I´ve been painting close to 25 years now  :o :o :o,
sure alot of crazy shit has gone down troughout the years.
But gangbangin?  :P :P :P :-X :-X :-X  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

same thing homies... taggin is the generalize version of graf art, murals, whatever, u write in the wrong hood thats the last thing u gonna do.

No, its not the same thing. Tagging and graf are two completely separate "movements."

^^^^seriously ^^^  ;)

im no writer, but chad if i asked u if u taggd would say no? woudlnt u think im askin u if u did some kind of graffiti. im juz sayin its illegal more cuz young kids get killed over it not cuz taggers gang bang or these days, their do they own thing rather if they tag bang, or their jus artists. still it doesnt mean they  dont get harrassed because their not in a gang.

lol at es-jay deleting his other post he must of known he sounded like a complete idiot. lol at saying gang tags r whack. o yea juz because their gangsters they have no talent -.-. stop talking in this thread u dumbass

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

818chong

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2008, 06:54:11 PM »
im a motha fuckin G 8) 8)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2008, 08:14:42 PM »
btw... I want to recommend that anybody who is interested in graffiti and how it relates to hiphop and it's history you might enjoy the 1982 documentary called Style Wars.  You can buy it at www.amazon.com and it is excellent because it was done in 1982 and really shows hip-hop as it was being developed through the 4 elements of graffiti, breakin, DJin and rappin... back then graffiti was like the biggest of the four elements and the DVD is about graph writing yet you see how hiphop is intertwined in their language and culture.  A lot of the phrases and word you hear in hiphop were being coined in those times.  Like for example, gangsta rappers say that a dude got "crossed out" meaning that he is out the gang...  this came from grafitti writin how they would cross out each others names from rival crews.   Its really ill yall will love it.

And I don't know what graffiti writing is about now, but atleast back then the documentafry mentions no ties of gang related activity with graffiti writing... in that the graph artists even complain in the documentary that "why do the police chase after us, all we do is make art, why don't they chase after the people who are out there robbin and killin".
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Chad Vader

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2008, 08:45:12 PM »
So now I´m a idiot and a vandal  :P :P :P :P :P
What the hell?  :P :P :P :P

hey chad,i've never said you are an idiot  ;)

I know  ;),not directly (or even aimed at me in any way)  ;)
But you make fun of poppers,lockers and other members hates graffiti.
I used to pop (not lock),and can still do it. = I look like an idiot  :P :-X :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I´m a graffiti writer. = some members think this is vandalism,so I guess I´m a vandal  :P :-X :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well,well....
First I look like an idiot,
I´m a vandal
and now I´m also a gangbanger  :-X :P

Graffiti was cool.....when I was 14.

...what now?
I´m unmature too  :P :P :P :-X :-X :-X :-\ :-\ :-\ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

^^^^seriously ^^^  ;)

I´ve been painting close to 25 years now  :o :o :o,
sure alot of crazy shit has gone down troughout the years.
But gangbangin?  :P :P :P :-X :-X :-X  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

^^^^seriously ^^^  ;)

lol at es-jay deleting his other post he must of known he sounded like a complete idiot.
lol at saying gang tags r whack. o yea juz because their gangsters they have no talent -.-. stop talking in this thread u dumbass

First off Es-Jay deleted his post because he tought I "attacked" him.
While I actually supported his statements,the mistake is solved... so no harm done.

You´re mixing up cholo writing with (Hip Hop) graffiti,I wont bother explaining all this for you.  :P
Do some research yourself.  :-X :P :-\ ;)

btw... I want to recommend that anybody who is interested in graffiti and how it relates to hiphop and it's history you might enjoy the 1982 documentary called Style Wars.
Style Wars (1983)

You can buy it from;
http://www.amazon.com/Style-Wars-Sam-Schacht/dp/B000A7DVZO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1207798651&sr=1-1
and it is excellent because it was done in 1982 and really shows hip-hop as it was being developed through the 4 elements of graffiti, breakin, DJin and rappin... back then graffiti was like the biggest of the four elements and the DVD is about graph writing yet you see how hiphop is intertwined in their language and culture.  A lot of the phrases and word you hear in hiphop were being coined in those times.  Like for example, gangsta rappers say that a dude got "crossed out" meaning that he is out the gang...
this came from grafitti writin how they would cross out each others names from rival crews.   Its really ill yall will love it.

^^^ My all time favorite documentary,you will find the OST in the HUS  ;) ^^^

And I don't know what graffiti writing is about now, but atleast back then the documentafry mentions no ties of gang related activity with graffiti writing...
in that the graph artists even complain in the documentary that
"why do the police chase after us, all we do is make art, why don't they chase after the people who are out there robbin and killin".

Well,there´s alot of graffiti documentaries.
But for the sake of the thread,since people mix up cholo writing with (hip hop) graffiti.
I´ll recomend a documentary about the LA graffiti scene;

Graffiti Verite: Read the writing on the wall (1995)

7 used & new available from $11.63
http://www.amazon.com/Graffiti-Verite-Read-writing-wall/dp/B0007RDR7O/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1207798260&sr=8-1
Editorial Reviews
Review
BOB BRYAN: Cultural Programmer --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You have to understand something: Los Angeles, CA is Hollywood.
We create software - programming - that programs people all over the world. Cultures are changed by what we create here."
So says Bob Bryan, creator of 1995's Graffiti Verite' documentary on L.A.'s graffiti art.
Bryan (who owns his own video production company and is a longtime Hollywood filmmaker/producer) should know.
His stripped-down approach to the diversity of politics, age, class and philosophy within the "La-La" writing scene has won him countless awards and acclaim the world over.
Bryan got the idea for doing the documentary on graffiti art after meeting artist
TOONZ one night in a Hollywood alley while the artist was working on a canvas for an opera.
Shocked at what seemed to be an odd combination of ideas ("graffiti," "canvas", and "opera", Bryan began asking questions. "
What I found out was that truly these were artists and that the mediums they work on far exceeded the stereotypes.
I found that they weren't criminals, vandals, or gangsters, but artists who had something to say.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
They had an art history and an aesthetic that I knew nothing about, and I thought that if I knew nothing about it,
then there had to be a large number of people who knew nothing about it.
I thought that it was valid in terms of what they were saying. "So began the process of documenting the culture."
My intentions were to counter the programming that was put down by traditional, conventional media sources which basically,
for some reason, wanted to show graffiti art in a negative sense; and I realized it was very positive.
I wanted that story to be told... I've always said that the graffiti art movement was like a movement with a bad publicist.
If we look towards the media's image of graffiti we would think of graffiti artists only in a negative sense;
TV depicts writers negatively and print depicts writers negatively.
Therefore, the audience or public perceives graff artist negatively because they get their information from the media.
Once people see... (Graffiti Verite') they invariably turn their view around.
It's just a lack of education-they're not educated as to what's really going on with the graffiti aesthetic.
They haven't been exposed to the positive nature of it. They have been programmed by negative programming.
Verite' means truth and - for me - the only way to get the truth out would be through the writers."
To that end, Bryan deliberately withheld the opportunity to give the haters equal air time.
"That point of view is already out there - strong.
What would create balance in software-in terms of programming-would be the graffiti artists' point of view.
I definitely structured (the video) in a way that would change people to understand that it isn't about this commune idea-this
"group think", it's about independent artists."
- TEMPTONE Writer BIG TIME MAGAZINE --BigTime Magazine

Product Description
Format: DVD MOVIE

well...prejudice and racism has advanced from what we read about in our history books...demographic cancelation is the best form of prejudice today..for example..a lot of sperm banks only except donors with a college degree..demographically speaking...latinos and african americans have a low college attendance rate....lol....street art is most popular among african americans and latinos alike...anything to keep our cultures on the back burner

Well this was another twist to it,I see your point. But you might catch some heat for it  ;)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 02:05:42 PM by Chad Vader Supporter of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

Sparegeez

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2008, 09:40:29 PM »
They give a $300 award to anybody with any information on who did any graffiti at our school.

:firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil:

yukmouth23

• 'G'
  • Hip Hop will never die
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2008, 11:07:25 PM »
It's still considered illegal because all these punks that go around tagging up walls and garages and shit...........
That is not the art form of graffiti 

when it rains it pours

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2008, 12:03:31 PM »
They give a $300 award to anybody with any information on who did any graffiti at our school.

:firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil:
LMAO!!!!!
damn, i was wonderin how you was buying all them new kicks and takin trips and shit  :laugh:

Lanothegreat

• 'G'
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2008, 01:26:00 PM »
well...prejudice and racism has advanced from what we read about in our history books...demographic cancelation is the best form of prejudice today..for example..a lot of sperm banks only except donors with a college degree..demographically speaking...latinos and african americans have a low college attendance rate....lol....street art is most popular among african americans and latinos alike...anything to keep our cultures on the back burner
3500 Plays In 1 day...170 dl's
Mannish Da Jula- Intergalactic Feat.Lano

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8597771

Inglewood C.A. & Anchorage A.K.

Lanothegreat

• 'G'
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2008, 01:52:31 PM »
I LOVE HEAT..ITS THE ONLY INDICATION THAT YOUR ON THE RIGHT PATH!!!!!!!!!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2008, 03:08:02 PM »

Yeah, it's all culture. If raping and slaying is simply part of someone's culture, damn all those assholes who try to keep that culture on the back burner.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Lanothegreat

• 'G'
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2008, 03:25:23 PM »
in some since..rape and slaying IS a part of culture..a part that people dont agree on BUT still is aprt....history has taught us that

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2008, 03:49:07 PM »
I simply disagree with that "it's in my culture, so let me do it please, if not you're racist!!!!!" type of thinking. Like, everything has to be tolerated because it's just "another aspect of a different culture"...  and all cultures have to be equal, right? If something is wrong, it's wrong, period. I have no true problem with graffity, in fact I like good graffity. So it's not even about that.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin