Poll

Who is the better post player?

Pau Gasol
14 (53.8%)
Carlos Boozer
12 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Pau Gasol vs. Carlos Boozer  (Read 3550 times)

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Pau Gasol vs. Carlos Boozer
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2008, 01:09:32 PM »
Well, if he were a Knicks fan, he'd have nothing to brag about...  :)

if i were a knick fan i'd be hanging from a rope years ago ;)

nah but in reality maybe the knicks can make somethin of themselves if they get ridda Isiah.

props to spike lee for not killin himself thru all this.

Fair enough.... but just curious... where did UConn go? If they were still in the tournament would you still have them in your Sig?

theres too much space with the album cover and the eminem quote for me to fit in my college teams lol

Uh huh... how convenient to add the cover and the quote once UConn gets bounced...lol... just messin' with ya...
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2008, 01:46:42 PM »

i used to be a Suns fan

Ha!...so you are a bandwaggon fan. Who woulda' known? :D

lol a 9 year old bangwagon jumper sure.  barkley was my hero (for some stupid reason) and they trade him for 4 players who cant hold his jockstrap lol. i was pissed.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2008, 01:48:04 PM »
I'll never take Celtics fans serious. I saw how they completely abandoned their team. Remember Kobe was getting MVP chants last year then getting roars of boos this year? Lol faggots.

compared to Kobe abadoning his team mates and demanding trades all the time?

Kobe abandoned his teammates and demands trades "all the time"?...As far as everyone who knows shit is concerned, it was a plea to get the front office moving their asses and his teammates focused on winning, and it was only once, not "all the time".

Paul Pierce, on the other hand, demanded a trade last season and really wanted to be traded...Though "you guys" lucked out with KG and Ray Allen before he could get traded...

Anyways, what does this have to do with Gasol being better than Boozer?

i was responding to gangstaboogys comment about celtic fans

kobe almost became a Bull earlier this year if they had kept Deng out of the deal
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2008, 01:53:11 PM »
I'll never take Celtics fans serious. I saw how they completely abandoned their team. Remember Kobe was getting MVP chants last year then getting roars of boos this year? Lol faggots.

Kobe abandoned his teammates and demands trades "all the time"?...As far as everyone who knows shit is concerned, it was a plea to get the front office moving their asses and his teammates focused on winning, and it was only once, not "all the time".

Paul Pierce, on the other hand, demanded a trade last season and really wanted to be traded...Though "you guys" lucked out with KG and Ray Allen before he could get traded...

kobe almost became a Bull earlier this year if they had kept Deng out of the deal

Say what you want but I bet my fuckin life no player on another team will ever step into the Staples and get MVP chants.

Kobe's outburst was to put pressure on the front office. He has a no trade clause so he knew that even if they did agree to trade him he could just say no. Thats how unselfish he is, dude put his entire rep on the line to get the necessary improvements that we were all begging for.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

MoreSwaggerThanMickJagger

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2008, 02:15:44 PM »
^^LOL You make it seem like what he did was heroic or something, kind of the opposite dude.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 02:24:22 PM by S P I C E »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2008, 02:22:00 PM »

Say what you want but I bet my fuckin life no player on another team will ever step into the Staples and get MVP chants.

Kobe's outburst was to put pressure on the front office. He has a no trade clause so he knew that even if they did agree to trade him he could just say no. Thats how unselfish he is, dude put his entire rep on the line to get the necessary improvements that we were all begging for.

Magic Defends Fans Who Booed Kobe
Posted Oct 31st 2007 4:52PM by Brett Edwards
Filed under: Lakers, Western, NBA Media Watch, NBA Last Night, The Word

With all of the trade rumors surrounding Kobe Bryant, it's not surprising that a few fans at the Lakers' home opener last night felt the need to greet their soon-to-be-departed hero with a smattering of boos. After all, Kobe was the one that started all of this nonsense by demanding to be traded, so I can understand why a small percentage of the fans in attendance felt the need to express their displeasure.

Magic Johnson also understood where the fans were coming from, and from the TNT studio, he discussed the many reasons why Kobe might have deserved to be booed:

"'I think the Laker fans want him to stay. I mean . . . let's be frank about it. Colorado happened. Who supported him? The Laker fans. The Laker management supported him as well, through all of that. The Kobe-Shaq situation. The Laker fans still supported him. Laker management supported him.

"It's all of those things. We have to understand that nobody wants to see him go, but he's demanding that he wants to go. So fans, they get upset when they have been there for years supporting you. They want you to stay.

"So when you say, 'Hey, it's time for me to get out of town,' you're not going to expect them to be happy about this situation."
You know things are getting pretty serious for Magic to pull out the Colorado card, the Lakers' front office usually likes to pretend that it never happened. Anyway, I definitely wouldn't have booed Kobe had I been there, but then again I'm not facing the reality of having spent thousands of dollars on Lakers season tickets to watch a Kobe-less lottery team every night either.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/10/31/magic-defends-fans-who-booed-kobe/

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2008, 03:28:13 PM »
^^LOL You make it seem like what he did was heroic or something, kind of the opposite dude.

The opposite? LMFAO...did you watch how the Lakers played after that? Come on, now...:grumpy:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2008, 03:29:53 PM »

LMAO if you really believe that...Lakers never considered trading Kobe to the Bulls...Everything you heard about that was rumors.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2008, 03:31:54 PM »

With all of the trade rumors surrounding Kobe Bryant, it's not surprising that a few fans at the Lakers' home opener last night felt the need to greet their soon-to-be-departed hero with a smattering of boos. After all, Kobe was the one that started all of this nonsense by demanding to be traded, so I can understand why a small percentage of the fans in attendance felt the need to express their displeasure.

Magic Johnson also understood where the fans were coming from, and from the TNT studio, he discussed the many reasons why Kobe might have deserved to be booed:

"'I think the Laker fans want him to stay. I mean . . . let's be frank about it. Colorado happened. Who supported him? The Laker fans. The Laker management supported him as well, through all of that. The Kobe-Shaq situation. The Laker fans still supported him. Laker management supported him.

"It's all of those things. We have to understand that nobody wants to see him go, but he's demanding that he wants to go. So fans, they get upset when they have been there for years supporting you. They want you to stay.

"So when you say, 'Hey, it's time for me to get out of town,' you're not going to expect them to be happy about this situation."
You know things are getting pretty serious for Magic to pull out the Colorado card, the Lakers' front office usually likes to pretend that it never happened. Anyway, I definitely wouldn't have booed Kobe had I been there, but then again I'm not facing the reality of having spent thousands of dollars on Lakers season tickets to watch a Kobe-less lottery team every night either.

Those are gay fans who didn't understand the greatness of what he was doing... after they saw the results of what he did, they all shut their mouths and chanted "MVP!", sorta like a few Laker fans on this board who trashed Kobe for the same shit...I was the one who said it would get the front office off their asses and bring positive change all along...PeACe
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 03:34:02 PM by Now_I_Know »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2008, 04:04:43 PM »

It wasn't heroic but it was fuckin ingenious. This guy put puppet strings on our front office to make them snap out of being happy with mediocrity. And it wasn't just Kobe, Paul Pierce did the same thing and it worked for him too. Do you really think Ainge would've used that #5 draft pick if he thought Pierce would've been fine with it?

Kobe keeps his mouth shut = Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, and nixed trades to bring us guys like Boozer and Artest

Kobe speaks up = Cook/Evans for Trevor Ariza and Kwame/Crittenton for Pau Gasol.

:wavey:
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2008, 07:40:06 PM »
I pledge no allegiance, nigga, fuck the Laker-speeches, I'm baptized by objective thinking, unlike yall leeches..
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2008, 07:36:03 AM »

Those are gay fans who didn't understand the greatness of what he was doing... after they saw the results of what he did, they all shut their mouths and chanted "MVP!", sorta like a few Laker fans on this board who trashed Kobe for the same shit...I was the one who said it would get the front office off their asses and bring positive change all along...PeACe

sure, but the fact is he got boo'd in his home stadium

i thought Laker fans were above that ;)

ugh i remember 2006 and how Alex Rodriguez got boo'd EVERY ATBAT at yankee stadium, that was fucking pathetic on Yankee fans behalves

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2008, 10:19:54 AM »
sure, but the fact is he got boo'd in his home stadium

i thought Laker fans were above that ;)

ugh i remember 2006 and how Alex Rodriguez got boo'd EVERY ATBAT at yankee stadium, that was fucking pathetic on Yankee fans behalves

Like I said, it was a select few douchebag Laker fans...the cheers more than outdid the boos.

yukmouth23

• 'G'
  • Hip Hop will never die
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2008, 10:59:50 PM »
Not going to answer the question Boozer is way better not worth answering the poll I know if you dick ride one of those dudes your going to chose them but I don't like either of them I'm just being real

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2008, 11:31:16 PM »
^even if you think Boozer is better, he's not "way better"...PeACe