Author Topic: Crooked I's ''Straight Boss'' one of the greatest westcoast tracks of all-time  (Read 512 times)

~Lucien~

Yes I said it. I know I have mixed feelings about Crooked I. I know he is one of the greatest right now. But I was tired of hearing 52 HHW's. He needs to drop an album. And this board is on his nuts like this board is on Pac's dick. But this song is one of the greatest Westcoast tracks of all-time. Really this shits on everything... damn this track is sick!!! This is single material no doubt and the songs ends up at a Celly Cel compilation  ::) crazy!

EFFeX

One of the greatest West Coast tracks of all time... I'm not TOO sure about that. One of the best Crooked I tracks, I'll agree with that! I still bump this track to this day, still sounds fresh enough to kill the radios... Shame that it wasn't timed correctly.

G.F.G. Records

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • http://www.youtube.com/BiggRayWest
That Shyt Iz Still Amazing To Me... 8)

EFFeX

Straight Bosses > N.W.A. & Boom Boom Clap

How did they not see the potential in this single?

AnybodyKilla

I dont know man, they fucked up. They let that shit slide, and i have no clue how the FUCK it ended up on one of Celly Cel's mixtapes LMFAO, wow thats 2 funny. If this song dropped instead of NWA and then he dropped the Akon single, he woulda had some decent sales. Not saying that he wont now, but guess we gotta wait and see!!!

EFFeX

I dont know man, they fucked up. They let that shit slide, and i have no clue how the FUCK it ended up on one of Celly Cel's mixtapes LMFAO, wow thats 2 funny. If this song dropped instead of NWA and then he dropped the Akon single, he woulda had some decent sales. Not saying that he wont now, but guess we gotta wait and see!!!

It really depends on what he plans to do once the single is out... If he plans on giving the solid release date and start a mass promotion campaign, he should be straight. He needs to officially introduce himself to the new rap fans too, get on TV and put a face to the music so people know exactly who he is. I think if he has the "Block Obama" mixtape out WHILE the single is circulating, as opposed to one after the other, would be a good move too. That way people will be like, "Oh that's the new Crooked I single, does he have a mixtape or something?" and then they can be referred to that one. My opinion is that the album gotta drop by this summer...

AnybodyKilla

It really depends on what he plans to do once the single is out... If he plans on giving the solid release date and start a mass promotion campaign, he should be straight. He needs to officially introduce himself to the new rap fans too, get on TV and put a face to the music so people know exactly who he is. I think if he has the "Block Obama" mixtape out WHILE the single is circulating, as opposed to one after the other, would be a good move too. That way people will be like, "Oh that's the new Crooked I single, does he have a mixtape or something?" and then they can be referred to that one. My opinion is that the album gotta drop by this summer...

Yah man i agree with that. Drop his last mixtape and his single around the time time, flood the internet. Get on BET/MTV and get promoting, no more pussy-footing around!!!

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
post a link.

FuckTheWorld

• 'G'
Straight Bosses is amazing the song is so addictive,this could have been a huge single if it was treated properly.Crooked just killed this track and the hook is too sick.One of my all time favorites

"iv been wating for so long man just to show the whole world how the westcoast really rock"

Crooked I - Straight Bosses (prod. by Jim Gittum)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/6853176b116fe4/

h2k4

Definately one of Crooked's better songs.  Even the remix that September 7th had on his mixtape was dope.  It's a shame that Crooked's talent isn't being shown to the masses.  He should just try and sign with Koch or something similar to get a quality album out.  All of this "Boss" talk is nonsense.

AnybodyKilla

Definately one of Crooked's better songs.  Even the remix that September 7th had on his mixtape was dope.  It's a shame that Crooked's talent isn't being shown to the masses.  He should just try and sign with Koch or something similar to get a quality album out.  All of this "Boss" talk is nonsense.

LMAO!!!

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
shit was dope.

GangstaBoogy

Why the fuck did he give this away to Celly Cel for a compilation? This is arguably he's dopest song ever. I swear that niggas decision making is awful.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

AnybodyKilla

Why the fuck did he give this away to Celly Cel for a compilation? This is arguably he's dopest song ever. I swear that niggas decision making is awful.

It really is LOL!!!

The Real Kilo2

When this first came out, I thought this was B.O.S.S.'s single. Lol. It's so sad he had to give this shit to Celly Cell. This shit would have moved units. This is one of Crooked I's best songs. Jim Gittum and Crooked I came with heat on this. It's going to be hard for his single to surpass this.