Author Topic: Termanology album to drop in Fall 2008, Production: Primo, Alchemist, Pete Rock  (Read 683 times)

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.
HIP HOP'S RISING STAR TERMANOLOGY’S DEBUT ALBUM BOASTS PRODUCTION DREAM TEAM
Politics As Usual LP to drop in Fall 2008

New York, NY -  Massachusetts-bred, New York-based rapper Termanology is putting the finishing touches on his official debut album Politics As Usual. One of this year’s most  anticipated albums, it drops Fall 2008 through a joint venture between Terms own ST. Records and indy powerhouse Nature Sounds.

The record also features a who’s who of production royalty, with DJ Premier, Hi-Tek, Pete Rock, The Alchemist, Havoc, Buckwild, Nottz and Large Professor providing tracks.

"Termanology puts the MC back in MC'ing, he's a breath of fresh air in this dirty game."
 - Bun B

Growing up in the streets of the post-industrial, predominantly Latino city of Lawrence, MA, the half-white, half-Puerto Rican MC transitioned from silly freestyles at age nine to full-fledged records by 15. Constantly traveling between Boston and New York to pursue his music business dream, he released his first 12-inch in 2002. Through his alliance with influential mixtape DJ (and fellow Massachusetts native) Statik Selektah, Term began earning the respect of Boston's hip-hop scene with several highly acclaimed 12" singles.

At the onset of 2006, Term caught his big break when legendary producer DJ Premier, whom he met three years earlier, finally blessed him with one of his signature, scratch-laden beats. "Watch How It Go Down" instantly became an underground classic and Termanology appeared on hip-hop's international radar. The conscious hood anthem garnered the earnest MC tons of praise, landing him in The Source's "Unsigned Hype" and XXL's "Show and Prove" columns.

Since then, Termanology has quickly climbed the industry ranks with his Hood Politics mixtape series and continued collaborations with DJ Premier and other big name producers. Term's hard work resulted in a joint venture deal with EMI-distributed label Nature Sounds, which he signed in late 2007. "I decided to go the indy route to have total control of everything related to my project," Term explains.

"Term has a unique desire for the culture because he touches the issues that i can relate to as a TRUE HIP-HOP HEAD..his flows are nice, and he stays creative with his subject matter...he even speaks for me and not every new MC comin' up can do that."
 - DJ Premier

Nature Sounds is quickly becoming the indy home for classic hip hop.  During the last couple of years the label has released projects by several artists that include hip hop cult icon MF DOOM, Wu-Tang's Masta Killa (Made In Brooklyn), the debut album from Havoc of Mobb Deep (The Kush), most recently, Pete Rock's latest (NY's Finest).

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!

The record also features a who’s who of production royalty, with DJ Premier, Hi-Tek, Pete Rock, The Alchemist, Havoc, Buckwild, Nottz and Large Professor providing tracks.

:o, looking forward to this, it would be cool if M.O.P. make a cameo too.

wcsoldier

Dude can rap , no doubt about it .. I just hope he'll get top notch beats from them ...

D~Nice

This should be the shit when it drops.

everlast1986

Definetly can't go wrong with that lineup. That mixtape he just put out of him and his group is fire.

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I cant wait to hear this!
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Lunatic

WOW at that production lineup :o
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
This should be the shit when it drops.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Noreaga57

• Lil Geezy
  • N.o.r.e.
album of the year 8)
The invincible, untouchable, CNN

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

jeromechickenbone

I love Term, very talented and creative dude. 

This could be a very important album when it drops.  He's indie, which to me is crucial as the majors have NO FUCKING CLUE what they are doing.  He's not fucking with flavor of the week beat makers, but rather true professional producers.  Its also imperative that he is actually in the studio with the producer - it makes a huge difference.  Emailing beats / vocals back and forth really alters the creative process and the song is less organic.

This is also potentially huge because Term really epitomizes a true MC.  The game has gotten so far away from true MC'ing.

And when was the last time we've had a producer list like this?  Primo, Pete Rock, Large Pro :o :o :o.  Not that I'm making a comparison AT ALL, but was Illmatic the last time these 3 were producing on the same album???

I should try and interview the guy...

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
I love Term, very talented and creative dude. 

This could be a very important album when it drops.  He's indie, which to me is crucial as the majors have NO FUCKING CLUE what they are doing.  He's not fucking with flavor of the week beat makers, but rather true professional producers.  Its also imperative that he is actually in the studio with the producer - it makes a huge difference.  Emailing beats / vocals back and forth really alters the creative process and the song is less organic.

This is also potentially huge because Term really epitomizes a true MC.  The game has gotten so far away from true MC'ing.

And when was the last time we've had a producer list like this?  Primo, Pete Rock, Large Pro :o :o :o.  Not that I'm making a comparison AT ALL, but was Illmatic the last time these 3 were producing on the same album???

I should try and interview the guy...

i though about what you said nad it's really an interesting question, cause lots of people have 2 of them on their albums, but the 3 of them?

I did some searching and found out Non Phixion(?) has them on his The Future Is Now LP from 2002

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=26185
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Invincible

Shit, with that producer line-up, I wanna hear this. No-one does albums like this anymore so hopefully he can deliver the goods.

J Bananas

WILL COP FASHO, I DIDN'T KNOW HE WAS FROM L-TOWN.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
Love to see a fellow Mass native do it. On top of that his shit is hot. I have most of his mixtapes. I think he needs to rep Mass hard because there are alot of Boston Mcs with talent.