Poll

We need to get rid of Doggy as an Admin

Hell Yeah... his taking shit too far
13 (65%)
No... it's about time someone took a stand
7 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: New Admin???  (Read 1032 times)

Elevz

Re: New Admin???
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2008, 09:08:48 AM »
This ain't no democracy, and it doesn't have to be, agreed. I think we're pretty lucky, Seer and Rud and whoever calls shots on larger-scale issues tend to be quite reasonable people.

Why necessarily lucky? If it wasn't for them being so reasonable, this place wouldn't have become what it is. They're the ones who gave their 'brain child' the right circumstances. I know that I would've gone posting elsewhere if it wasn't for that.

Doggy's global mod status is subject to some debate, but since I get along with dude personally, I don't feel like getting into that myself and it's no issue worth bringing up in this thread. So no discussion needed as to whose decision it is to ban Job or not, Seer can have a look at what the general opinion on this is, but the decision is of course his.

Why, of course the decision is his. Don't you have an opinion though? I haven't seen Doggystylin abuse his powers, while I have seen him do a proper job moderating. Until someone really points out what's supposedly wrong about him being in his position, I'm not supportive of such a movement, nor silent about it.

I don't even think Job's looking for confirmation. Being told that he's right by everyone, or even just a sizeable percentage of (white or other non-black) people on here would make it way more difficult to make his point: That (almost) everybody belonging to a certain ethnical group (I'll stay with terminology I consider correct myself, since I refuse to use expressions like "Caucasian race") is ignorant and/or oblivious of whatever he considers facts. Since virtually everyone - and that, as you'll certainly acknowledge, includes me - disagrees with those views of his, replies are negative.

Perhaps so. Perhaps his only business here is to keep his hatred up at a high level, which is something he seems to live off. His business here is hard to make sense of, but one thing's for certain and that's that he's not about respectful and open discussions. Another thing that's obvious, is that he loves to point the finger and assume the role of the victim. But seriously, how much worth can a discussion be with someone who's not willing to test any alternative hypothesis? Someone who's only looking for cues and possibilities to support his axioms, but never critical enough to see if any of it can be falsified? I say there is no debate. Tell me, other than his extraordinary character, how much have you learned from Job, or gained insights through what he told you? Anyway, what you said about his motives could very well be true. But does that mean he's here merely for spreading racism?

Now, I have clearly stated opinions contrary to Job's in several discussions, on some occasions he actually had a point or half-point and I said so, but his general opinions on race-related issues, which account for most of his contributions, I don't agree with. The reason I get along with him better than most others in here, et vice versa, is probably mainly that in my case he found out I'm not about bullying or insulting him.

I wasn't; thats why me and him didn't have any problems until the pm-incident. I still am not about bullying or insulting. I may have a few words in response to the insults he throws at me, but I'm not a firestarter, I'm not (at all) fueled by hate or negativity. It leaves you wondering about his motive behind the outburst in that pm he sent me; it made me think of reversing a quote he once had in his sig about "no matter how much [whatever it was] you've got, you're still a nigger in the eyes of the white man." I guess that no matter how much you prove otherwise, Job will simply look for something so he can point the finger again. It could happen to you next.

That ATM PM exchange is probably one of the most absurd starts I've ever seen to even an internet beef and shit like that does make me think. However, while it borders the grotesque, it's all too common on dubcc for people to offend each other and throw around dumb insults; I mentioned Elano, why not ban his borderline-IQ ass on the same grounds you'd ban Job on?

I hardly know Elano. I've seen him make a few odd remarks, but I've never seen him become a true pest. I won't judge that.

While there's hardly anything to argue about Job being both repetitious and often offensive, the part of my statement which you didn't reply to (no offense intended) is that the whole thing works in an astonishingly symbiotic way; in your particular case it seems Job insulted you for no good reason, at least that's as much as I can tell from what I know. If that's true, then from your personal perspective, I understand you want him banned. But if people gatecrash his threads (or anyone's he might have posted in) and talk lame stuff about nigger-this-nigger-that, even if Job's statement/thread had no relation to race, typing whatever crappy joke comes to mind in eager anticipation of incurring his wrath and getting dissed so they can enjoy the seemingly priceless experience of dissing back, what are you gonna say? Ban 'em all? That's why, although I entirely agree with you on a theoretical level, in this exemplary case that is the Job situation on dubcc, I'm still finding it hard to see a clear solution to the problem and that's why if you want to justify his banning using the intellectual concepts we're debating over here in the first place (and NOT his racism), I'm seeing difficulties. But to get back to the beginning, if Seer wants him off, so be it, of course. Creating a profile on a message board means accepting being the guest of whoever calls the shots and if you have to leave the place, that's just the way it is.

I'm sorry I overlooked that part at first. Of course Overseer can ban anyone if that's what he wants. This place is pretty much like kindergarten if you put it like that, but I don't see people like yishay having trouble with everyone else on the board, while that's precisely what Job's getting for his attitude and his temper. That's cause and effect, and I'd say any such cause could be a good reason for a ban, especially when it involves a riot starting racist. I'm not saying the ones poking Job with a long stick should be left unpunished, but it seems rather obvious what's caused by what.

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
Re: New Admin???
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2008, 10:00:06 AM »
Whoa.....This Thread is something else.... ??? ???
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone