Author Topic: The Dangerous Crew,Magazine Scans Thread. *Interviews,reviews etc.*  (Read 1803 times)

RAIDErs of the lost ark

Too Short interviews;

too short1 interview XXL#2 redman cover

Too $hort interview in Murder Dog Magazine Vol.9,NO.4. Lil´Jon cover

Too Short interview 1 The Source February 1994 NO.53

Too Short interview in F.E.D.S Vol.3 issue 11

Too Short interview in Rap Pages November 1998

Too Short interview in The Source February 1995 NO.65

269 Too Short interview in Rap Pages March 1994

331 Too Short interview in Rap Sheet July 1997

NOTE; Will re-scan all the blurry scans again.

RAIDErs of the lost ark

Re: The Dangerous Crew,Magazine Scans Thread. *Interviews,reviews etc.*
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 09:05:20 PM »
Too $hort reviews

Too $hort review XXL Vol.3 NO.3 June 1999,Murder INC cover

Too $hort review Rap Pages May 1999,Scarface cover

Too Short; Shorty The Pimp review in The Source August 1992 # 35 Too Short cover.jpg

Too $hort; Cocktales review 4080 Hip Hop magazine NO:23

Too Short; Get in Where you fit in review in The Source December 1993 NO.51

Too Short review in The Source February 1995 NO.65.

Too Short; Chase The Cat review in XXL November 2001 NO.31

Too Short; Gettin It review in The Source May 1996 NO.80.jpg

281 Too Short; Cocktales review in Rap Pages May 1995

262 Too Short; Gettin it review in Rap Pages April 1996

216 Too Short; Can´t Stay Away review  in The Source April 1999 NO.115

312 Too Short; What´s my favorite word 1 review in The Source November 2002

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 09:08:36 PM »
Ant Banks interview in The Source December 1995 NO.75

XXXXXX

Ant banks interview in The Source July 1993 # 46,Cypress Hill cover

XXXXXXX

Ant Banks interview The Bomb magazine,July/august 93. Issue 21

XXXXX

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 09:12:39 PM »
Ant Banks reviews;

Ant Banks; Big Thangs review XXL NO.1

T.W.D.Y; Derty Werk review in Murder Dog. Volume 6,Number 3, BG cover

Ant Banks Sittin on somthin´phat review The Bomb magazine May 93,issue 19

Ant Banks review in The Source July 1994 NO.58

Ant Banks; Big Thangs review in The Source august 1997 NO.95

Ant Banks; Sittin on sometin phat review in The Source May 1993 NO.44

299 Ant Banks review in Rap Pages August 1997

295 Ant Banks; Do Or Die review in Rap Pages January 1996

Looks like I got to re-scan this one  ;)

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 09:16:06 PM »
Spice 1 interviews;

Spice 1 interview in The Source February 1995 NO.65

Spice 1 interview in The Source December 1993 NO.51

Spice 1 interview Murder Dog Vol.9 NO.2 Nelly cover

Spice 1 interview in The Source September 1997 NO.96

252 Spice1 interview in Rap Pages February 1994

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 09:18:38 PM »
Spice 1; 187 He Wrote review in The Source November 1993 NO.50

XXXXX

Spice1 Da Black Bossalini review Rap Pages dec 97 page 94

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=973803213&size=l

XXXXX

Spice1 ballin review in The Source

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=975444080&size=l

XXXXX

298 Spice 1; The Black Bossalini review in Rap Pages December 1997

XXXXX

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 09:35:56 PM »
Mixed

Kool Ace interview Murder Dog Vol.8,NO.3 Snoop cover

XXXX

Damn,Kool Ace is crazy  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
He must have been hella drunk on this one  :laugh: :laugh:
He performs the joint he did with UGK; Pimpin´ain´t no illusion... classic

Kool Ace
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/N-Fnd6rS6KA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/N-Fnd6rS6KA</a>

XXXX

Pooh Man interview in The Source November 1993 NO.50

XXXX

Exclusive: Shorty B Video Interview....
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=162425.0
It's been a long time comin' and I apologize, but here is Part 1 of the Shorty B video from Atlanta....listen as he talks about Too $hort, T.I., Jazze Pha and much, much more...more video os Shorty B will be coming...
P.S.
Sorry about the first couple minutes of the interview...they had the studio door open...make sure u have some time, cuz these interviews are long!  Enjoy!

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=24118508

XXXXX

Shorty B video interview Pt. 2
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=162426.0
The continuation...be on the lookout for more from Shorty B & Noncentz....part 3 is coming real quick!

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=24142328

I jacked those from NonCentz,so remember to prop him.....^^^^^

XXXX

Slink Capone; The Cutaluff; Authorized bootleg version review Murder Dog magazine

What Dr.Dre are they talking about? The same that was on Ant Banks; Big Thangs album?

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 09:56:48 PM »
MC Breed interview in The Source September 1995 NO.72

XXXX

MC Breed interview in The Source October 1994 1994 NO.61

XXXX

MC Breed interview in The Source September 1994 NO.48

XXXX

MC Breed interview YO! June 92

XXXX
XXXX

XXXX

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 09:58:08 PM »
MC Breed reviews;

MC Breed, Rare Breed review Murder Dog Vol.7 No.4, Three 6 Mafia Cover

MC Breed; It´s all good review in Murder Dog. Volume 6,Number 3, BG cover

MC Breed; Flatline review XXL#2

WTF? 2/5 for Flatline,damn that shit Flawless

MC Breed; The New Breed review in The Source July 1993,# 46. Cypress Hill cover

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Added a hilarious Bonus at bottom.
Rappers in the boxing ring,WTF!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

MC Breed; Funkafied review in The Source September 1994 NO.6o

MC Breed; It´s All Good review in Rap Pages February 1999

MC Breed; Big Baller review in The Source August 1995 NO.71

207 MC Breed; Flatline review in The Source September 1997 NO.97

296 MC Breed; Flatline review in Rap Pages January 1998

264 MC Breed; Big Baller review in Rap Pages September 1995

261 MC Breed; To Da beat Cháll review in Rap Pages August 1996

248 MC Breed review in The Source June 1996 NO.82

330 MC Breed; Funkafied review in Rap Sheet November 1994

Big_Ron

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a llama!
When can we expect to see some Richie Rich, Dru Down and Rappin 4Tay interviews happen? Its only right that these three interviews happen asap.

Chad

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2008, 05:35:05 AM »
 ;D
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

Chad Vader

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 08:35:44 PM »
The NonCentz interview archive;

New Article on Ant Diddley Dog, Agerman in Oakland Magazine....
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=179995.msg1841621#msg1841621
Pretty interesting article done on Ant Diddley Dog (Ant Doulos), Agerman, and a few others about leading a different life now....check it out!

Changing Their Tune
Gansta Rappers Lead the Bay Area's Christian Hip-Hop Movement

On Sunday mornings, Anthony Nelson, 33, wakes up at about 6 a.m., before anyone else in his household. He stretches and yawns out the kinks before making his way downstairs to his home office, walking past his desk and into the closet where he retreats into prayer and meditation. About 30 minutes later, he wakes up his wife, Stephanie, 34, and they proceed to feed and dress their four children.
    The goal is to leave the house by 9 a.m. Devotion at the Civic Center Church of Christ in Richmond starts at 9:30 a.m., followed by Sunday school. Nelson teaches the new convert class. Hard to believe this is the routine of a guy who once said on an album:

I’m just a menace off the Hennessy
    Plottin’ on young [girls’] virginity
    And any enemy in my vicinity
    Get shot in the head like John Kennedy

“Usually, I’m waking up at 6 a.m. on Sunday now,” says Nelson, an Oakland native. “Back then, I would still be up. At six o’clock in the morning, we’d just be winding down.”
    Nelson has changed his life, and his lyrics. He became a Christian in 2000 and is now one of the leaders at his congregation, where he preaches once a month. Once known as Ant Didley Dog, half of a rap duet called Bad-N-Fluenz with friend Rappin’ Ron (Ronnie Royster), Nelson now goes by the moniker Ant Doulos—doulos (pronounced doo-los, means “servant” in Greek)—and his goal is to be a good influence. Now he uses his lyrical skills as a method of evangelism and community enhancement.
    He is part of a growing trend of former Oakland gangsta rappers changing their tune. Agerman from 3xKrazy (Three Times Crazy) was part of a legendary underground gangsta rap group. Suga T was formerly the first lady of the Vallejo-based group Tha Click, started by her brother, renowned rapper E-40. B-Fade used to recorded songs with just about every notable gangsta rapper from the Bay Area. Now they lead a new movement.
    Yup, several of the hardest lyricists reigning from the heyday of Oakland rap have now gone soft. Happily.
    “I still haven’t got over what the Lord has done for me,” Nelson says. “My life in so many aspects has had such a drastic change that I cannot get over what has happened to me in my life. … Sometimes I just stop in my tracks, I just freeze and I look around. I see my family, my wife. I see my job. I see me influencing the lives of people and preaching, and all that stuff. This is like a dream.”
    In the ’90s, Oakland’s music scene was on fire, especially from a hip-hop perspective. Tony! Toni! Toné! and En Vogue provided an R&B presence. Tupac and MC Hammer headlined mainstream rap, while the Hieroglyphics represented Oakland in the backpack grassroots hip-hop genre.
    When it came to gangsta rap, Too $hort was king in what was known as the “City of Dope.” The likes of The Luniz, 3xKrazy and The Delinquents gave Oakland a presence in the gangsta rap genre, which was a national phenomenon thanks to N.W.A. Bad-N-Fluenz, the protégés in Too $hort’s stable of rappers known as the Dangerous Crew, was set to take Oakland to another level.
    “As far as I’m concerned, during that period, Ant and Rappin’ Ron were right up there,” says Oakland native Branden Peters, lifestyle editor for the hip-hop magazine XXL. “They were free-styling and battling people and making music that was different from what people were used to. Even though what they were saying was the same as everybody else, they brought to the table a different style that was lyrical and intellectual.”
    But that era was taking a toll. Nelson, like the rest, lived the lifestyle you might expect from a gangsta rapper: Drugs. Sex. Violence.
    So did Andre Woods, known as B-Fade. He was heavy in the streets—selling drugs, doing drugs, chasing women. He was incarcerated for two years, including eight months in Santa Rita, for administering a serious beat down to a would-be robber.
    “I go to work and see somebody standing on the corner,” Woods says, “and come home and still see him standing on the corner, selling drugs and drinking. And I’m like, ‘Man, that used to be me.’ I look now and see how silly that looked. … I hear and see the things people talk about nowadays, and I used to talk about those things, and those things now turn my stomach. I just realize how silly I was. And the music I did had an effect on people.”
    Woods says his stint in prison brought him to the conclusion he needed to change his lifestyle. He ceased his involvement with drugs and alcohol, focusing on his gangsta rap music. He didn’t start rappin’ for Jesus until he came across Ramone Curtis in 2002. Both were pedaling their CDs at the gas station on 106th and MacArthur, but Curtis, better known as Agerman of 3xKrazy, wasn’t selling gangsta rap. Agerman, a pioneer in Oakland’s Christian rap movement, opened Woods’ eyes to something much more positive. Woods has since put out a CD, Tales of a Baby Saint, with Cőz, his former cohort in gangsta rap. Woods is working on his solo album, Man on Fire. The single “Wisdom Bounce” is already out.
    Nelson has three songs done for his long-awaited debut album: “Victorious,” “Rich Man” and “Why Not (Try God)?” He refuses to put music over his family, so he’s expecting the project to take a while.
    Like Woods, Nelson was shaken into re-evaluating his life. On Dec. 14, 1996, Royster died in a car accident at 22. Devastated, Nelson embarked on a journey for soul salvation. He studied the Bible regularly and tested out various religions. In the process, his music toned down, naturally. Before long, his lyrical makeover was complete.

He took me out of the pit, out of
the sickness

And put me down on His list,
now I’ve got riches

In heaven

I can’t wait to be among the
Gospel-preaching legends

I pray patiently, humbly following
directions

And give it up, to the Deliverer

The Red Sea splitter, the fig tree witherer

Who sits above and His blood is
a gift of love

That can get you out the suction cup
clutches of Beelzebub
—By Marcus W. Thompson II
—Photography by Jan Stürmann

http://www.oaklandmagazine.com/media/Oakland-Magazine/April-2008/Music/

ant diddley dog interviews;
www.dubcnn.com/interviews/antdiddleydog-part1
www.dubcnn.com/interviews/antdiddleydog-part2

DUBCNN: Exclusive Interview With Stacy Hogg of the Dangerous Crew..
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=180387.0

For all you Dangerous Crew heads out there, we're back with another interview for the Movement.  This time, Dubcnn had the chance to talk with the lovely and soulful Stacy Hogg. For those of you not familiar with Stacy, you can hear her vocals on Ant Banks classics like “Packin’ A Gun” & “Fuckin’ Wit’ Banks”, Bad N-Fluenz’s “Smoke Season” single, J. Dubb’s “Paper Chase” as well as countless other songs. In this interview we find out how she hooked up with Dangerous Music and Cell Block Records, her thoughts on working with Ant Banks, Rappin’ Ron & Ant Diddley Dog, as well as getting info about her upcoming book.

http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/stacyhogg/

TO READ THESE INTERVIEWS VISIT
www.DUBCNN.COM
OR THE DANGEROUS CREW BLOGS
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=177614969

www.therealshortyb.com
www.myspace.com/thedangerouscrew

Chad Vader

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2009, 02:19:53 AM »

Too Short review in XXL magazine Vol.3 #3

Chad Vader

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 03:49:14 AM »
CLOUT MAGAZINE 11 (preview) Featuring Too Short,San Quinn,Cope 2 and Geso
http://cloutonline.com/?q=node/1990

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RlcJtFCjTzM&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/RlcJtFCjTzM&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Read more for the full editorial and a sneak peak of the Todd Bratrud limited edition Clout Magazine 11 T shirt that will be released with the new issue...

What's my favorite word? BITCH! Last issue, the theme among all those we interviewed was versatility.
This issue's common denominator is longevity. You might even call the interviews in this eleventh issue legends.
First up is Bay Area rap pioneer and the godfather of pimp rap, Too $hort.
Crafting his art since the age of 14, Too $hort has been around for more than twenty years and still remains to be relevant today.

Building a solid foundation in the Bay Area rap scene beginning in his early teen years, San Quinn continues to be a mainstay and positive force for the younger generation. For almost thirty years, Cope 2 has been getting up in the streets on a consistent basis and now has made a professional career out of his art.
He talks to Clout about his beginnings as a writer and gives us some words on his inspirations, crews, beef and the state of graffiti today.
On the cover, you'll find a pin-up lizard girl unmistakably illustrated by the legendary skateboard artist Todd Bratrud.
You wouldn't know it from reading his interview but he's been drawing and skateboarding for two decades and has contributed countless graphics to the scene. Graffiti writer GESO made his way onto the scene 16 years ago and has one of the most unique styles.
Following the road less traveled, GESO's got a style and attitude all his own.You'll also find a Q&A with the creator of innovative brand Two In The Shirt, Marek Grubel, who is bringing tastefully provocative graphics on tees season after season.
And as always, a solid selection of great photos of walls, freights and city streets from coast to coast as well as product and fashion features.
- CULT OF BEAUTY

More info and updates will be coming soon,
so in the mean time SUBSCRIBE and get your copies delivered directly to your front door.

Chad Vader

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 02:21:09 PM »

Spice 1 review in The Source Magazine June 1992 #33