Author Topic: Is Race more important now than the last 40 years  (Read 159 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Is Race more important now than the last 40 years
« on: April 05, 2008, 09:18:44 PM »
It seems like Dr. King is more relevent now than ever. I have not seen this in my life time, usually for MLK day you see his speech on TV, and on the anniversary of his death, you might seen a little clip on his life. Now, everything is out there. CNN and MSNBC are dedicating hours, the History Channel will have a 2 hr special tomorrow and each politican is basically asked about how King has effected them.

As well as King's relevence, Barack Obama was forced to give a speech on race as his pastor's comments became public, Obama's speech might have been the most important speech on race since Dr. King's great speeches of the 60's, and the most important by a politican since Lincoln over 140 years ago. It's almost like King died 40 years ago, and since then race has been ignored and exploded by people and things did not progress. With recent events like the Jena 6, Katrina and the president race of Barack Obama, it seems like America is FORCED to move on, and we are hitting this issue head on, if we like it or not.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Is Race more important now than the last 40 years
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 09:30:25 PM »
I thought it was very lame watching Hillary and McCain give lip service to Martin Luther King.  It bored me.  But I understand he's a hero for whites and blacks, but not me personally.

"Do they cry when the Pope died?
My request...
We cry, if they cried when we burried Malcolm X!"

2pac

....anyway, Martin made elaborate speeches with big words and did alot towards integration but I don't think he's anywhere near Malcolm's level.  I will mourn Malcolm's passing.

Martin was more about fitting in and being accepted by the white man, while Malcolm was a true visionary, and changed the way people thought and viewed themselves, their history, and their place in the world. 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 09:35:18 PM by Abd. Infinite presents... Real Hip-Hop »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 09:09:36 AM »
I thought it was very lame watching Hillary and McCain give lip service to Martin Luther King.  It bored me.  But I understand he's a hero for whites and blacks, but not me personally.

"Do they cry when the Pope died?
My request...
We cry, if they cried when we burried Malcolm X!"

2pac

....anyway, Martin made elaborate speeches with big words and did alot towards integration but I don't think he's anywhere near Malcolm's level.  I will mourn Malcolm's passing.

Martin was more about fitting in and being accepted by the white man, while Malcolm was a true visionary, and changed the way people thought and viewed themselves, their history, and their place in the world. 

And this is why I love Infinite's responds... he makes you not just post but back it up.

As for Malcolm vs. Martin, I think this goes in well with this thread. The other thread with the Dr. King's death is not the right thread, this one is.

Martin and Malcolm are two sides of the same struggle. Martin was WAY more revolutionary that many give him credit for. As some black historians were saying, he was getting close to sounding like Rev. Wright in terms of his next speech was suppose to be how America is going to hell. We loved Dr. King at first because he used Ghandi's teachings, and did not make whites feel bad for being white, rather he made Americans feel like something had to be done. This is done by Barack Obama who many Republicans day he doesn't make them feel bad for being Republicans. Malcolm was more a reflection on the actual anger and rage that many blacks felt. Were as Martin represented equality and peace, Malcolm represented humanity in all of it's negatives and positives. Malcolm was visionary for what people thought was REALISTIC, Martin's vision was for ideal. In the end we got something inbetween.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 03:52:24 PM »
Without even trying to offend you, I see how that goes for people like you. But is it your serious opinion that Malcolm had a greater influence on how the vast majority of people think than MLK?

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 06:44:45 AM »
I wonder how Malcolm would have been remembered had he not been killed after denouncing his racism and leaving the NOI.

JAZ

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 09:18:25 AM »
hardly anyone outside of the us gives a fuck aboot MLK or MX.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 09:28:32 AM »
race is still relevant, for atleast what i know for koreans, for example id be more comfterable with another korean or a another american in a foreign country.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.