Author Topic: Dubcnn: Westurn Union Interview + "House Shoe Musik" Mixtape Available Now!!!!  (Read 9821 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

www.dubcnn.com
http://www.dubcnn.com/mixtapes/westurnunion-houseshoemusikvol1
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/westurnunion

As promised, we're back with an exclusive interview with Soopafly, Damani and Bad Lucc aka the Westurn Union. First off thanks for all the positive feedback on the preview tracks we brought you from the groups mixtape "House Shoe Musik Vol. 1". The mixtape is officially ready and you can order your hard copy now or download it digitally.

To buy "House Shoe Musik Vol. 1" for $7,00, click below to go to the dubcnn "House Shoe Musik Vol. 1" mixtape page, where you can also preview a few tracks:

Westurn Union - House Shoe Musik Vol. 1 (Mixtape Page) (Arranged by DJ Crazy Toones)

We also connected with the trio to discuss the mixtape, see why they went with DJ Crazy Toones to put it together, their relationship with Snoop Dogg, the state of the West Coast, their upcoming album, future plans and much much more. DJ Crazy Toones even makes a special appearance in the interview to talk about his work with the group, so check it out below:

Exclusive Interview With The Westurn Union (April '08)

Enjoy the interview, and make sure to cop "House Shoe Musik Vol. 1" now, you will not be dissapointed. Check out the preview tracks below if you're still not convinced:

Westurn Union - All Night (ft. BJ)
Westurn Union - Ain't Gonna Happen
Westurn Union - Cali Grown
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 09:44:48 AM by Nima - Dubcnn.com »

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Re: Dubcnn: Westurn Union Exclusive Interview + Mixtape Available Now!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 06:39:00 AM »

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 06:40:20 AM »
SICK!!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 06:56:08 AM »
Funny interview..Damani said very little, it' s like Soopafly & Bad Luck took over the interview!
they sound like a bunch of Guys having Fun!!
Will be looking out for the single, can't believe it's dropping this week or so according to the  interview..
Oh My fave Parts of The Interview  are1.

Dubcnn: What would you say makes the Westurn Union stand out as a group?

Damani:
Besides the fact that we all rap completely different, that we got way different styles of rapping, but it's all cohesive at the end of the day! On top of that, it's all the different types of bitches that we attract! *laughs* Lucc has the Eastside bitches on lock, I got all the actress bitches right now on lock, and Fly got all the bitches period on lock.

*everybody laughs*

Soopafly: That's why come together so good as a group!

Damani: But we don't run into each other, we don't run into each other at all, everybody got their own thing! *laughs* Besides that, we can rap better than anybody out here! Oh my bad, did I just say that?

Bad Lucc:
The thing is, I hear a lot of dudes, it's a lot of mixtape shit, and for the most part, these dudes can't make songs! We're making real records!

2. And More Importantly

Dubcnn: Soopafly, you've been under Snoop Dogg's umbrella for a decade, what would you say is the most important thing that you've learned in your time with Snoop?

Soopafly:
That everybody ain't gonna make it. Everybody isn't gonna be way up there where he is. Bottom line. But within that whole organisation, if you're close, there's always a way in Hip-Hop to make money. If you're good at it, there's always a way to make a lot of money, without rapping, without being on stage, without being on BET. So a nigga gotta find his niche within this Hip-Hop game.

If you're not the best rapper, it ain't gonna about like that, you need to go do the best you can at what you can do, and stop trying to be like the next man. Hustle within your own means and get what you can. That's the most important thing I learned. Everybody ain't gonna be a Snoop Dogg, everybody ain't gonna be a Ice Cube, Dr. Dre or WC. Everybody can't be that. But you can hustle within yourself to be your own person.
^^I Hope this will stop all the unnecessary threads pple put up about Soopafly not wanting to branch out or that Snoop is preventing Dude from Blowing Up!

Soopafly has been grinding on his own merit and getting credit for it!!
Now he is part of a group,that is making some notice, not to mention good music!
can't wait for the album to drop!
Props Dubcnn!
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 07:02:39 AM »
Yeah, i honestly don't think Soopa has any real desire to blow up huge, and i'm glad about that.  That's usually when artists start selling out and changing up their music to appeal to the mainstream (ie snoop).  He just continuously releases good music for his fans and probably couldn't care if it blows up or not.  Snoop has pimped himself out so much, how many songs has he been on or made in the last 5 years?  Thousands I bet, he's diluted himself to the point where it's no longer special or fresh to have a snoop feature on your album.  Soopafly on the other hand, He's been in the game for damn near 15 years, and I've collected all his songs, and he's made just over 150 songs.  So when Soopa jumps on something, you know it's gonna be special or tight, and that Soopa's gonna give his all.  Plus, he needs time to keep all his bitches in order.  See, snoop's been slippin on that aspect of the game, how many songs on ego trippin were for the ladies?  Over half the album, that's a bitch move right there.  Snoop hires people to take care of his hoes.  Soopafly get's out there and makes sure his bitches are out there grinding.  He takes a hands on approach with his hoes and that's what makes him so real.  And he makes damn good music too.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 07:04:32 AM by Soopafly DPGC »

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 07:05:19 AM »
Agree about the info on Soopafly, up until this part=>
Soopafly get's out there and makes sure his bitches are out there grinding.  He takes a hands on approach with his hoes and that's what makes him so real.
:loco:..Let's just keep it Music..cuz we don't know a lot about what happens outside of that..and neither should we IMO...

but info on Snoop that's where we differ, but it's all Good!!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 07:07:51 AM by Mackin4Life-Lone Wolf Of Dubcc »

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 07:07:05 AM »
Haha, yeah, it's all good, difference of opinion. I still buy snoop's stuff, he's still fun, i just don't take him very seriously anymore.  I know i'm always gonna get 4 or 5 good cuts off a snoop album, which is more than i can say for most albums being released these days.

Soopafly talks about his bitches in the new Westurn Union interview, and if you pay attention to his songs, you know that his pimp hand is very strong.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 07:10:14 AM by Soopafly DPGC »

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 07:08:53 AM »
^^Aiight... 8) 8)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 07:31:51 AM »
Lol @ dude talking about Soopafly's pimp hand lol.

Anyway keep the feedback coming!

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 07:49:03 AM »
Dope interview! Soopafly, Bad Lucc & Damani kept it real with what they had to say, especially about the West Coast. I also bought the mixtape yesterday & every song is off the chain. That last track "Next Time" is on some real deep shit. 8)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 08:22:51 AM »
^^ Yeah that's my favorite joint on there!

EFFeX

Does anyone know the bitrate on the mp3s?

Lucc

• 'G'
  • Im Coming for the crown!!!!!!!!!!
^^^LOL! Not taking u as a joke but I just never heard of somebody asking whats the bit rate!!! Ive heard it twice n this forum..... Thats crazy!

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
I don't see why people are asking about the bit rate?? I got it & it's in good quality. And LMAO @ the crack on Flo-Rida's "Get Low" on "Of Tha Year Award". Good to see someone speak on it instead of just saying "good for them" or "props to them for getting their money" or whatever, when we all know it's bullshit that it gets more radio spins than true dope music, especially here in the west coast. 8)

Lucc

• 'G'
  • Im Coming for the crown!!!!!!!!!!
And LMAO @ the crack on Flo-Rida's "Get Low" on "Of Tha Year Award". Good to see someone speak on it instead of just saying "good for them" or "props to them for getting their money" or whatever, when we all know it's bullshit that it gets more radio spins than true dope music, especially here in the west coast. 8)
^^^^C, thats what im talking about! Chuuch 2 ya for agree'N!!!!!!!!!!!