Author Topic: Dubcnn: Westurn Union Interview + "House Shoe Musik" Mixtape Available Now!!!!  (Read 9811 times)

Lucc

• 'G'
  • Im Coming for the crown!!!!!!!!!!
^^^^I appreciate u guys just not saying that u like the album, but also letting us know what u like about it. Thats dope and it helps us 4 the next go around, ya know. Your happy, we're happy! Thanks again for the reviews and keep bangin that shit my guys. Im loving all the comments, whether good or bad..............

Your Boy Bad Lucc

BIGWORM

"Ain't Gon Happen" is all me thats my shit right there.

DAMANI

• Lil Geezy
  • INGLEWOODCITYBEHINDME
Chuuuuuuuuuuuurch!!!!!!!!

SmokinDro520

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PillZ..HoeZ N DRO is all a G KnowZ
Dope Mixtape from top to bottom...no fillers and no bullshit tags.I bumped this sunday afternoon smokin n cruzin.
PoP PoP THIZZ!!

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
this shit grows on you hard after a few listens, I really hope yall dont fall victim to industry politics...good luck yall.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
dope tape yo, mad props.

E-Class

• 'G'
DAMANI SUCKS!!!!

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
DAMANI SUCKS!!!!
  :sign_offtopic: say something about the mixtape u hater

Young Old Head

fo real... i remember dude from that source unsigned hype dvd, he was killin em!! far from wack!

Cash Money Blood Gang

Lucc

• 'G'
  • Im Coming for the crown!!!!!!!!!!
DAMANI SUCKS!!!!
Damn nigga! Everytime I turn around u H8n on my patna. If u think the nigga so wacc stop checcin on everything he do. U and that other bitch ass nigga from Inglewood. I know who the fucc this is. If its problems nigga handle it. U c us out nigga. Damani @ Rogers damn near everyday. Go holla @ that man. U muthafuccas are funny as hell. And trust, I know u dont have to like every artist but this shit just seems personal. Did the nigga fucc yo bitch or sumin? Yall niggas gay homey. U fuccin Stans kill me. Keep that shit 2 yoself homey. And dont act like its just rap either. NIgga I heard yo shit. AND U DONT WANT NO PROBLEMS ON THE MIC. And if u talk slicc nigga I'll go thru my comments on Myspace and find where u were u was tryna get @ me 4 a collab u weak ass nigga! Fucc u and that fag wit the ponytails. Nigga I say my blocc n damn near every song. Get @ me....

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Here are my reviews from some of the tracks from the mixtape, i haven't heard the whole thing yet, i'm waiting on my hardcopy from Soopafly:

All Night (Westurn Union mixtape)
This is the first song I heard off the Westurn Union mixtape (besides Cali Grown, which at the time wasn’t slated for the mixtape).  And this song is bangin!  First thing you notice is that it samples the song “I Wanna Rock Wit U” by Michael Jackson.  I’m a big fan of that original song, and the way Fly chops it up in the beat of the song is tight!  They all come tight with verses.  Damani says ”U like Ferraris? I’ll run you over in mine”, that’s a good line. Soopafly has the first verse, then Demani, then Lucc.  But Soopafly spits another few lines before Lucc starts his verse, which is a real treat because you start to come down off your high when you realize soopafly’s verse is over after the first verse, but then he comes back and gets you high again.  This is the best Westurn Union song I’ve heard so far, it’s a real high energy song that makes you wanna dance or drive your car like 90 mph in the summertime. Rating 10/10.

Ain't Gone Happen (Westurn Union mixtape)
One of the tracks off the new Westurn Union mixtape.  It’s probably one of the weaker tracks I’ve heard off the mixtape.  I mean, it still shits on most stuff out there today, but other tracks on the mixtape outshine it.  He doesn’t come hard on any hoes on this song and Lucc and Damani don’t really spit any decent lyrics on this one…sounds like a filler song to me.  Rating 6/10.

Cali Grown (Westurn Union mixtape)
Another song that came out of nowhere on dubcnn.com.  When I first heard the song, I thought the beat was good, not great, but good.  I listened to it for a week straight, then put it away.  Got it out about 2 weeks later, and I’ve been bumping it ever since!  I had it on my ipod all last summer when I went running.  It’s a great song to run to, the track is so upbeat.  The song ended up being put on the mixtape, and I’m glad it did, because it deserves to be on some kind of official release and not just lost like some of the other earlier Dub U songs, like “I Don’t Think So”.  One funny part is in the third verse and I think it’s Bad Lucc, but he says the word “Killa Cali” like 20 times in his verse.  It’s a little much, but it doesn’t ruin the song or anything.  This winter I had some dental work done on my wisdom tooth and it hurt like a bitch, but I just kept playing this song on my ipod while the dentist was drilling on me, and it kept my spirits up and I made it though it.  Rating 9/10.

Next Time (Westurn Union Mixtape)
This song has a neat twist to it.  It’s a love song, but instead of talking about some worthless nappy bitch, the Westurn Union is spitting about missing the Westcoast, and they are glad to have it back.  It’s got an awesome sample going on in the background during the chorus.  I love how the beat switches up between the chorus and the verses.  Lucc’s verse is probably the weakest on here, as he starts off rapping too fast, trying to cram too many words into each line, but after a few lines, he settles in and it’s tight.  This is a great song with a fresh brand new Westcoast feel to it. There have been very few newer westcoast joints I’ve been feeling, just because I don’t like a lot of the newer sound, but this right here is great.  Rating 9/10

Here's a couple other Westurn Union tracks I reviewed:

Dub U (Unreleased Westurn Union song)
This sounds like some 70’s funky type song.  This is one of the first Westurn Union songs that I heard.  It came off of dubcnn.com.  Soopafly raps the stop-stutter type style again which works really well and sounds good.  All three of them take the first verse, and the last verse as well.  Kurupt absolutely shreads the chorus.  The volume is kind of low on the copy I have, and I’m sure it was just a premix to a song that they decided not to release.  I bet if it were tweaked a bit, and mastered, it’d be straight fire.  Rating 8/10.

Hat 2 Tha Back (The Big Squeeze)
This was the lead single off The Big Squeeze compilation.  Snoop picked a good track here to use, as it’s probably in the top 3 songs off that CD.  Simplistic beat that uses a sample from an unreleased Kanye West song “Dream Killaz”.  The Westurn Union raps about driving around with their system around town.  I certainly can relate to that, as I do that all the time to help promote Soopafly and all his songs.  I can’t tell you how many times I’m at a red light and the people in the car next to me ask me what song I’m bumping because they say it sounds tight.  I tell them all about Soopafly and hold up his album cover, and sure enough, the people say they gonna go buy a copy.  I usually don’t wear my hat to the back though, but I have spilled drink on my lap before, usually it’s Mountain Dew.  Anyways, this song is tight, Snoop handles the chorus.  Its cool that snoop’s helping them blow up and all, but I’m hoping now maybe snoop will lay low for a while, as I’m kind of getting tired of hearing him on all these Westurn Union cuts.  Rating 9/10

I Don’t Think So (Unreleased Westurn Union song)
Another unreleased Westurn Union song.  Soopafly, Lucc, and Damani trade lyrics line for line.  It’s a different approach to the standard song formua and kind of reminds me of what 2Pac and Tha Outlawz did on the “Teardrops and Closed Caskets” song.  I’m not sure it works real well with these guys as I don’t think they pull it off real well.  The beat is good, but not great on this one, kind of monotonous.  I think this one is better staying unreleased.  You can tell it’s an early song they did and you almost get the feeling they still trying to feel each other out on this one, as they haven’t yet formed the tight unit that they eventually come in later songs.  Snoop handles the chorus on this one too.  Rating 6/10.

Killaz (Unreleased) (The Big Squeeze Advance)
This is an unreleased song the The Big Squeeze Advance album…maybe it will turn up on the Warzone album.  A real simplistic beat, but Westurn Union, Warzone, and Snoop all rip the beat pretty good.  I think if they beat was tweaked a little bit, this song could be a hit.  Soopafly only has a short verse in this one, and raps in his more lyrical style, instead of his more humorous bitch checking style.  Rating 5/10

Like This (Blue Carpet Treatment – Snoop Dogg)
This song was the first introduction of the Westurn Union to the mainstream audience, via Snoop’s album “Blue Carpet Treatment”.  And it’s hot.  The beat is great, kind of like a 70’s disco type vibe to it.  Just real mellow.  The chorus on this song is so smooth, it sounds like Fly is singing it.  Lucc and Demani spit a short verse, followed by Soopafly, and just when the song starts getting good, like everyone’s getting into the zone, Snoop comes on and steals the last verse from the Westurn Union and never gives the mic back.  Still a dope song even though there isn’t a lot of Fly in it.  Rating 9/10

« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 05:40:30 AM by Soopafly DPGC »

Elano

lmao @ soopafly

E-Class

• 'G'
like i said, that's just my opinion. yeah, i always said lucc was the business, that's not the issue.
damani don't want to go track for track with me. period.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

soopa doopa...i'm still waitin for that hard copy. i got this fat bleez of some of the finest OG you'll ever blow in your life waitin for ya. 8)

E-Class

• 'G'
and yeah lucc, it's just rap G.
i really don't give a damn where he hang out at and you can cease with all that macho greasy talk. it don't move me.
everybody so uptight about a cat's opinion. it's good you standing up for your homeboy, i would too. i ain't gone deny that i wanted to collab with you, yeah....i think you're dope, and without you, WU is immaterial.
with all that said though, lyrically, i'll give it to anybody that wants it if it has to come down to that. and please don't fool yourself about my flow fam. we both know the deal about my skills, especially if you in a group with an emcee of Damani's caliber (he ain't kept up with you since that "bitch please" joint) . When it comes to the flow, i don't back down to nobody.
when it comes to topics and range you would be hard presses to find a more prolific writer on the west coast than yours truly. Plus, i'm just one man, what does my opinion count for anyway.

that's what it is.