Author Topic: Dr. Dre - My Life  (Read 3008 times)

Okka

Re: Dr. Dre - My Life
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2008, 01:12:33 PM »
Classic shit, but i don't think this song was recorded during the Death Row Era though.

are you talking about "My Life"?

if so, listen to the lyrics and keep in mind that the D.O.C. is featured  ;)

Yeah, but The D.O.C. was one of the first people to leave Death Row, maybe dubcnn should ask him about this song?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2008, 01:30:23 PM »
Classic shit, but i don't think this song was recorded during the Death Row Era though.

Yeah, but The D.O.C. was one of the first people to leave Death Row, maybe dubcnn should ask him about this song?

yeah he left in 94'.

so i don't see how this can't be from the death row era.

i assume that it's a chronic leftover.

Okka

« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2008, 02:55:13 PM »

yeah he left in 94'.

King T used the same beat on "That's Drama", what year was that released? The beat just really sounds like it's from 1999 or somethin'.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 03:01:13 PM by Okka »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2008, 01:06:39 AM »

yeah he left in 94'.

King T used the same beat on "That's Drama", what year was that released? The beat just really sounds like it's from 1999 or somethin'.

don't know the exact year, but King T was around at the beginning of aftermath and Thy Kingdom Come was supposed to be released in 1998 so that's Drama must be from the period 96-98.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 02:52:23 AM by Dre-Day - Officer of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

Mygla

« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2008, 04:55:38 AM »
IMO this must be an Aftermath-recording... I definately don't think DOC would work on a Death Row project, and no way this was made before he departed. My guess is that it's a very early Aftermath-recording... If you listen to Dre's rapping, the style sounds quite similar to what he did on i.e. The Aftermath compilation..

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2008, 05:02:07 AM »
IMO this must be an Aftermath-recording... I definately don't think DOC would work on a Death Row project, and no way this was made before he departed. My guess is that it's a very early Aftermath-recording... If you listen to Dre's rapping, the style sounds quite similar to what he did on i.e. The Aftermath compilation..

no it can't be an aftermath leftover as Dre and Doc weren't getting along at that time.

the lyrics+ production clearly prove that it's from the death row era; and why are you so sure that this can't be a Chronic leftover?

« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 06:14:36 AM by Dre-Day - Officer of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

D-e-f-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2008, 05:57:37 AM »
Well all I can say is, sorry Westcoast but L's version shits all over the Snoop one.  Sorry, but it is what it is.

that's sooo true ...LL brought some awesome flava to the track!

ballatician

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2008, 07:33:33 AM »
Dre and Mel-Man also remade the beat for "My Life", slightly updated, for "Blawww" on Hittman's "Hittmanic Verses" album/"Hitt's Big Score" bootleg.