Author Topic: Glasses Malone Featured On MTV's Mixtape Monday's (Mixtape & Album News)  (Read 254 times)

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Check out Glasses on MTV.com talking about his new mixtapes "Gangsta's Don't Dance" and "Fuck G. Malone".... also talks about The Beacher Cruiser June release....

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1584823/20080404/nas.jhtml
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
You can also watch a video of him discussing the mixtapes with MTV

AnybodyKilla

Propz but doesnt work in Canada lol!!!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 11:07:34 AM by Johnny187 »

Propz but doesnt work in Canada lol!!!
Yeah. This shit dont work in the UK.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
MTV.com doesn't work for you all? Ok... here is the article.

Artist: Glasses Malone

Representing: Blu Division/ West Coast

Mixtapes: Gangstas Don't Dance and F--- Glasses Malone

411: G.Malone is an equal-opportunity entertainer. The Cali rapper has two new mixtapes dropping soon — and not just to meet the demand from his growing fanbase. Gangstas Don't Dance is gonna be released specifically for those who have been following him since he made his name spittin' as part of the Black Wall Street camp. And the other one, well, he might be able to explain that one better himself.

"I did a mixtape for all the haters," he said, adding that he plans to launch a Web site to sell "F--- Glasses Malone" gear. "I had to cater to the haters. ... It's a mixtape for all the people that dislike my success or dislike what I got going on. They can buy all the 'F---Glasses Malone' merchandise, the 'F--- G.Malone' merchandise, get all the apparel. They can support me by hating that way. So I made a mixtape that's sure to piss everybody off."

Gangstas features G.Malone alongside his crew, Blu Division. He said that mixtape is more uptempo and more along the lines of a traditional mixtape, on which they hop on other people's beats. It's more for the G's to get their boogie on to.

"It's a way we could put out club music without having to make club music," he explained. "So we talking a lot of sh-- on a lot of the popular dance records or records that encourage dancing."

In the meantime, G.Malone is wrapping up his long-awaited debut album, The Beach Cruiser, set for a June 3 release on Hoo-Bangin'/ Cash Money Records. The tentative second single, "Go Big," is due later this month, and Malone said he has been recording material for possible future projects with Mack 10 and Mistah Fab.

Joints To Check For

"Like Suge" from F--- Glasses Malone. "It's a song that I dedicated to a lot of people that get bad reputations, or bully reputations, out on the West Coast, and I made a song just for them," Malone explained. "A lot of people are gonna dislike me for making the song, because it's proppin' one of the industry's most-hated moguls, which is Suge [Knight], who is one of my favorites, as far as all the great business and all the great moves he did."

"Certified" remix (featuring Lil Wayne, Bun B and Kam) from Gangstas Don't Dance. "You seeing the video [for the original] right now with Akon on MTV," G.Malone boasted. "I'm pretty sure the remix is gonna get the club rocking like the original did."

"House N---a" from F--- Glasses Malone. "It's a song where I get [a lot] off my chest about people who tend to repeatedly persecute hip-hop," Malone said. "So that was my response to them, for acting like they're trying to help the culture itself, but in reality they're helping people who are trying to destroy the culture. Because if you wanted to help it, I feel like these certain people could have done a lot of things in closed environments instead of in the world to see, so they could discredit hip-hop.

VIDEO LINK: http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?vid=222030

RickyknoCCout

• 'G'
Props Malone is dope as fuck he got a lot of respect

LongBeachsFinest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mafia, Get it? Got it? Good!
i think we started the FUCK G MALONE movement on dubcc lol... props  ;D

"i was ultimate warrior to you bully ass niggas, i will come through the hood with the fully ask niggas"

Dimos

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Thats great! Thanks for letting us know.

EFFeX

LOL! This dude Malone is crazy, props for the news!

woods

• Muthafuckin' OG
Nice one for the news Styles, just hope the two mixtapes are as good as The Electric Chair

really looking forward to the album