Author Topic: Just me...or did Redman's verse on All Eyez On Me make no sense?  (Read 1966 times)

Johnny B

Re: Just me...or did Redman's verse on All Eyez On Me make no sense?
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2008, 09:02:28 PM »
If this was origionally a Dogg Pound track then had the Dogg Pound not given away so many great songs imagine the way there sophmore album could have sounded... just off the top of my head here are Dogg Pound tracks recorded in 96 that they gave away for other people albums....

The Dogg Pound album that could have been...

1.  "Got My Mind Made Up" feat. Inspectah Deck, Rage, Method Man, Redman

2.  "Initiated" feat. 2pac and the Outlawz  (from Daz solo)

3.  "Blueberries" feat. Ital Joe (from Doggfather)

4.  "Groupie" feat. Nate Dogg (from Doggfather)

5.  "Me In Your World"- (from death row greatest hits)

6.  "Nothin but a Cavi Hit" feat. Mack 10

.....even if the rest of the tracks were all filler this would of been a great album

I didn't know they gave away "Groupie."

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2008, 09:13:31 PM »
If this was origionally a Dogg Pound track then had the Dogg Pound not given away so many great songs imagine the way there sophmore album could have sounded... just off the top of my head here are Dogg Pound tracks recorded in 96 that they gave away for other people albums....

1.  "Got My Mind Made Up" feat. Inspectah Deck, Rage, Method Man, Redman

2.  "Initiated" feat. 2pac and the Outlawz  (from Daz solo)

3.  "Blueberries" feat. Ital Joe (from Doggfather)

4.  "Groupie" feat. Nate Dogg (from Doggfather)

5.  "Me In Your World"- (from death row greatest hits)

6.  "Nothin but a Cavi Hit" feat. Mack 10

.....even if the rest of the tracks were all filler this would of been a great album

damn... that album looks so good it makes me want to mix a copy for myself just to see what it would have sounded like on one disc.  The Dogg Pound were really on fire in that era and couldn't miss... they had the hardest shit in gangsta rap.... they were still on fire in early 98 when Daz dropped Revenge, Retaliation Get Back which doesn't miss a step from their earlier sound... it wasn't till Kuruption that these two had their first miss.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Johnny B

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2008, 09:24:20 PM »
Abd, I don't consider Streetz Iz A Mutha a miss though.

if anything, they kinda cooled down around 2001 when Kurupt released Space Boogie.

the next couple Daz solos really didn't impress me (DPGC: U Know... and I Got Love in These Streetz).

then Daz and Kurupt actually released impressive albums in 2005 and ever since then, they really haven't regained anything album-wise.

their beef really fucked shit up cuz both of them had some nice flows from 2002-2005 and coulda released a couple good solo/group albums during that time.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2008, 09:47:46 PM »
Abd, I don't consider Streetz Iz A Mutha a miss though.

if anything, they kinda cooled down around 2001 when Kurupt released Space Boogie.

the next couple Daz solos really didn't impress me (DPGC: U Know... and I Got Love in These Streetz).

then Daz and Kurupt actually released impressive albums in 2005 and ever since then, they really haven't regained anything album-wise.

their beef really fucked shit up cuz both of them had some nice flows from 2002-2005 and coulda released a couple good solo/group albums during that time.

I agree that Streetz Is A Mutha and Space Boogie were solid albums (although not to his death row level).  But what I said was that up until Kuruption the DoggPound were on fire and they never released one bad track.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Johnny B

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2008, 10:14:17 PM »
yea, true.

I also forgot to mention So So Gangsta. this album was decent and had a couple tracks left off it that if put on it, it's a solid fuckin album.

I really don't see Daz getting any better solo-wise though. I favor Kurupt a little bit more in that category.

as for future DPG albums, we'll see.

D~Nice

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2008, 11:17:59 PM »
yea, true.

I also forgot to mention So So Gangsta. this album was decent and had a couple tracks left off it that if put on it, it's a solid fuckin album.

I really don't see Daz getting any better solo-wise though. I favor Kurupt a little bit more in that category.

as for future DPG albums, we'll see.

real talk

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2008, 03:27:48 AM »
how did pac "bite" rakim?

biting is when you take something and pass it off as yours... in 96 everyone would have recognized that line. classic shit

D-Stress

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2008, 04:25:41 AM »

wow, never knew that.props.

ice cube was allowed to say "you let a jew break up my crew" on no vasaline from the "death certificate" album not amerikkka's most wanted

so no vaseline is on both albums or what?when i DLed the song yrs. ago it was censored.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 04:28:32 AM by D-Stress »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2008, 06:22:13 AM »

biting is when you take something and pass it off as yours... in 96 everyone would have recognized that line. classic shit

yeah.. I know.. that's why I said it was more of a tribute and that it was no big deal.

HEC

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2008, 06:48:14 AM »
if you look at Daz whole verse lyrically its dope but either his vocals were mixed badly or he delivered them too laid back

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2008, 11:53:40 AM »

Also 'u can't see me' from all eyes was originally a dogg pound song as well,

chill
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Ese Torsido

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2008, 12:39:37 PM »
Wow, this is the first time I've ever heard of this. Dogg Pound gave up a ton of their material to other artists in the Death Row era. We have to bring Tha Dogg Pound in to DubCNN and figure out why they did this.

Redman's verses always made sense to me. I know who Jason is, I know why nonbelievers get his dick and genitals backwards (Hee hee). And I still like his old style. You gotta check out "Tha Points" for an example 8)

Daz, hear me out: you should re-release the original version of "Got My Mind Made Up" on a greatest hits album, or something. I wanna hear Rage!

Speaking of Rage...

Al Bundy

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2008, 01:16:49 PM »
redman had one of the best verses on that track.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2008, 03:31:19 PM »
if you look at Daz whole verse lyrically its dope but either his vocals were mixed badly or he delivered them too laid back
people tend to underrate daz's verse on that track because of that.he fuckin' completely MURDERS it and I fuckin' love it!I wonder if kurupt wrote it for him or did he write it himself, and I am sure back then he was capable of writing a verse like that himself
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2008, 04:28:30 PM »

in hip hop bacc in the day that was "biting" muthafuccas just got lax with it,don't get me wrong it's giving props,but when rap started if you said another mc's shit you was biting simple as that,why you think when digital underground made the song "DOWHATULIKE" humpy said a couple of people's lyrics like ,"since you came here you got to show and prove,and do that dance,until you can't move" and he finished with "sometimes i bite", that was just how the game was networth yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp