Author Topic: Just me...or did Redman's verse on All Eyez On Me make no sense?  (Read 1984 times)

bouli77

Re: Just me...or did Redman's verse on All Eyez On Me make no sense?
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2013, 12:24:16 AM »

His part wasn't bad, but Pac's passion and energy just blew his part out of the water. Kurupt takes the cake on this one though.

yeah Pac's energy is great on the track, I guess he had to step his game up after hearing Meth, Red & Kurupt on the same track, since he didn't record his part with them.

Still, I think that song should have come out in its original format. Kurupt, Deck, Rage, Meth & Red on the same track, on Dogg Food, that would have been legendary.

Will_B

« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2013, 12:28:38 AM »
ok here goes a breakdown.. you have to be old school intelligent to decipher what Redman is saying.. but it makes sense..

-"Non-believers get my dick and genitals backwards"  (?)  Means - you get fucked in the ass .. simple

-"With, this underground cannabis
I'm dangerous like John the bomb analyst"   (?) means - John the bomb analyst is from the movie "Blown Away"  meaning his weed is so good youll get blown away!!

- "Then proceeds like keys
My degrees freeze consecutively like EPMD LP's"   Means - Freeze was one of the illest producers in the day and he did tracks on EPMD albums.. Redman is basically saying that he's cold when he spits..

- "Lick off a shot and hit ya fam by mistake
So I erase the whole front row at the wake
I planned my escape in case jake or a snake bust it
I'm the one pushin the hearse in the first place"   (?) Means - first means he'll shoot a family member by mistake but he'll kill your whole family so noone will be left to sit in the front row at your funeral.....  a "Jake" is a detective and "Snake" is a snitch... so hes saying he gets away before a detective or snitch bust him.. but hes the one who is driving the funeral car anyway.. its actually pretty smart..

"Pump for Rockafella for the day he got smoked
choke, off this anecdote got you ope"   (?)  Means - basically his weed costs alot of money and youll choke on it if you hit it.. for the most part it translates to that...

This is the 2nd best verse on the song... Method Man kills it..

We need more posters like this guy^^

And it was a good question from infinite

123imagee

« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2013, 01:04:49 AM »
This is a pretty accurate lyric transcript and it makes sense mostly...

Aiyyo, lyrical gas spittin the criminal tactics
Non-believers get my dick and genitals backwards   <----------- Sayin you can suck his balls and dick from the back if you dont believe how dope he is.
Let's face it, there's no replacement
Taste this, mad underground basement, shit I'm laced with  <------------- The basement has always been where the cyphers happen
Avalanche on your whole camp when I'm splifted  <----- outrap your whole crew when hes high
Funk Doctor who? Spock bitch don't get it twisted <--------- Dont mistake him for someone else
I got connects like Federal Express  <------------ federal Express is everywhere
to get the fresh package of bless, the dogs can't fetch <------- Someone sending him bud via fed ex, dogs cant smell it
Got the clear shot from the rear block <----- Hes got the perfect shot lined up
to bust till every nigga here drop, men I fear not <---- shootin up everybody
Hold your nose and blow out till your ears pop <--- makes your head explode
Since your crew soft you to shift now you claim that you get's lot <------ that, whatever its means is why hes shooting
With, this underground cannabis <--- I think him shooting everyone in the last bars is metaphorical for rapping, and hes bomb like some cannabis
I'm dangerous like John the bomb analyst <------- Dont know who that is, but bomb detection is dangerous
Then proceeds like keys <-----?
My degrees freeze consecutively like EPMD LP's <---- EPMD albums are cold
Lick off a shot and hit your fam by mistake <----- Shoot at you but hit your family by mistake
So I erase the whole front row at the wake <---- also shooting up the funeral
I planned my escape in case jake or a snake bust it <--------- Pre meditated to escape the cops and snitches
I'm the one pushing the hearse in the first place <------ hes driving the hearse himself
Confidence for you shaky ass folks <---- hes got confidence
Pump for Rockafella for the day he got smoked <---- Shooting in the air as tribute
choke, off this anecdote got you open <------- you cant outrap him
Get roast, by my lyrics Billy Dee .45 Colt <---- you will get ate up, and hes smooth like billy dee williams (from the old school colt 45 alcohol commercials)
And I'm out for nine nickel (INS the rebels)
West, list this, this, this...

dope.

there´s a site called www.rapgenius.com they explain tha lyrics, pretty dope if you ask me, infinite should try this site.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2013, 04:39:49 AM »
how can anyone put Daz last this was one of his greatest verses :-\

You find an MC like me who's strong
Leavin motherfucker's aborted, with no verbal support
And when I command the microphone I gets deadly as Kahn though
With a bear and a snake and a panda, I'm on those
Who can withstand, the mo' power I gain
and make it possible for me to drop a few to wreck ya brain
Imagine and keep on wishin upon a star
Finally realizing who the fuck we are
When I penetrate, it's been withstandin, faded
would it be the greatest MC of all time
When I created rhyme for the simple fact
When I attack I crush your pride
My intention to ride, every time all night
I'm faced with the scars beyond this one bar
for me to put down my guard, I'm faced with it, I'm a ride
breakin in gas with the six-eight all day
In and out with my pay
I'm soon to count the bodies laid

totally agree...he had that cold slow laid back flow that he abandoned later on as well

bouli77

« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2013, 05:39:31 AM »

yeah that "big pimpin" type of verse. well he's last because he's matched against three of the top mc's of that time, that and his vocals were subdued compared to the rest, almost as if he added himself at the last minute without proper mixing. you can't really hear what he says. but yeah his verse is dope, it fits the mood of the instrumental.

Will_B

« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2013, 05:46:48 AM »

yeah that "big pimpin" type of verse. well he's last because he's matched against three of the top mc's of that time, that and his vocals were subdued compared to the rest, almost as if he added himself at the last minute without proper mixing. you can't really hear what he says. but yeah his verse is dope, it fits the mood of the instrumental.

As dope as Daz was back then, he often sounded like he was reading the lyrics off a page and sounding a bit '1st take' or rushed.