Author Topic: 50 - Back Down off GRODT  (Read 315 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
50 - Back Down off GRODT
« on: April 09, 2008, 06:09:04 PM »
inspired by the nigga sanfords thread on dont push me and banks verse i decided to give GRODT another spin and dang i forgot how sick back down was and 50s flow and the beat was amazing! 50 just flowing crazy, non stop, the hook to the verses his flow was off the chain, the hunger and passion, dang u made too much money too quick 50! Or you seperated yourself from dre and eminems guidance to quick, i dunno but if nigga ever gets close to his GRODT days i'll enjoy niggaz music again.

Imma bump GRODT for a minute now though, props sanford!

pz!

Skeptic

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: 50 - Back Down off GRODT
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 06:37:06 PM »
peep that new elephant in the sand mixtape

of course not as good as GRODT but shit imo is closest he prob will get lol

let me know what u think

yukmouth23

• 'G'
  • Hip Hop will never die
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 07:55:13 PM »
That mixtape was dope man shit and the lock n load advance is good too

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 12:51:56 AM »
inspired by the nigga sanfords thread on dont push me and banks verse i decided to give GRODT another spin and dang i forgot how sick back down was and 50s flow and the beat was amazing! 50 just flowing crazy, non stop, the hook to the verses his flow was off the chain, the hunger and passion, dang u made too much money too quick 50! Or you seperated yourself from dre and eminems guidance to quick, i dunno but if nigga ever gets close to his GRODT days i'll enjoy niggaz music again.

pz!

8)

props homie.  i have the same thoughts as you do.  it seems as if these artist try to do it too independently way too early.  im sure making GRODT, 50 made suggestions but the final result was depended on dre's and em's prefrenace.  after he blew up, i think it was the other way around...hey, samething happened to game imo...nigga makes one good album and thinks all the success is all because of himself...

do you guys consider GRODT a classic?(LyRiCaL_G) 

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 05:46:53 AM »
poor lil rich his flow was sick as well. 8)

'EclipZe

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 09:02:39 AM »
gotta love grodt. 2 bad he gon poppy now :P

MediumL

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 10:15:30 AM »
Lifes on the Line remains the best song on the album imo.  Back Down was raw, hell a lot of the album was. Damn shame Curtis and Massacre was subbpar.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 06:20:25 PM »

pz!

8)

props homie.  i have the same thoughts as you do.  it seems as if these artist try to do it too independently way too early.  im sure making GRODT, 50 made suggestions but the final result was depended on dre's and em's prefrenace.  after he blew up, i think it was the other way around...hey, samething happened to game imo...nigga makes one good album and thinks all the success is all because of himself...

do you guys consider GRODT a classic?(LyRiCaL_G) 

I agree with artists getting a little too big headed and single minded too quick for there own good WHEN they have had alot of help in coming up aswell, such as 50 got with the dre beat in in da club and then having ems fan clubs mixed with a westcoast pass from dre and then lets not forget in the end 50 gotta come correct himself aswell. So i totally agree with what you're saying but i think games situation is slightly different as in he was put in a situation where he had to act independently and was put in a situation where he was seperated from dre rather than of his own will feel me? I think game comes alot better as a rapper on DA than on the doc but ofcourse Documentary has a more polished sound whilst DA is more raw and westcoast even with the better flow and lyrics.

I feel what you're saying though.

Do i think GRODT is a classic? I dunno, i don't even consider that word when im listening to albums these days because i don't think the quality of music is always popping these days for there to be enough competition for there to be many candidates for a classic album. For example, last year chammilionaire dropped his joint and i thought it was a brilliant album and ahead of most shit dropping these days...but if it was 2001 if would have been a 4 mic cd...which is great because to have a 4 mic cd meant something back then...today anything 4 mic worthy back then is considered a classic today and what is 4 mic to me is considered classic to some people today.

However back to the question...do i think GRODT is a classic?...if i was asked to say whether the album is an all time classic i would say NO...however it will go down as an eastcoast classic of todays day in years to come, a 5 mic cd and i have no problems with that....kinda like in the future the doc may go down as a westcoast classic of todays time and a 5 mic cd...again i have no problem with that.

I think GRODT is a great great album with many standout cuts and but i just dont really even use the term classic anymore unless i see something so amazing. I let these new cats decide whats classic and whats not because i just enjoy good music homie,haha.

pz

J Bananas

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 07:42:21 PM »
I make youtube videos of me posing with money and guns to this.

Intriago33

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 03:13:44 AM »
Yeah, I can't say I am a fan of 50, but this track is still enjoyable to this day. I only re-donwloaded that track the other week.