Author Topic: Did Malcolm X and MLK know each other personally?  (Read 440 times)

VxTheGeneral

• 'G'
  • Picture Of Me, At Night
Did Malcolm X and MLK know each other personally?
« on: April 11, 2008, 09:26:13 AM »
Did Malcolm X and MLK know each other personally?

Nat Turner-reincarnated

Re: Did Malcolm X and MLK know each other personally?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 09:28:51 AM »
eye know they meet at least once

westsiderider323

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 12:59:48 PM »
naw thay didnt theyve only met once and it wuz an accident

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 08:05:04 PM »
WESTCOAST!  8)

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 08:33:58 PM »
lil wayne rocks!

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 05:43:36 PM »
Theres that famous picture of them together once...

But make no mistake about it... their idealogies were not one in the same.

-Martin was a Christian preacher and represented the black church.  Malcolm was a Muslim leader and called Christianity the white man's religion.  He felt like Christianity had been historically used to suppress the black man into turning the other cheek and worshippin a white Jesus.  Malcom believed Islam was the solution to the race problem in America.  He was not for integration like Martin, but rather he explained that there could be no white/black unity unless their was first black/black unity... before malcolm died he was working to unite the black man in America with the Muslims and Africans of the East.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 05:56:31 PM »
and nobody continued to walk in his foot steps?

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 08:30:55 PM »

Yes.. there is one man that has.  His name is Imam Jamil Al Amin. 
He went to prison in the 70's as a political prisoner for his revolutionary activities with the Black Panther Party.

While in prison he realized that his idealogy would ultimately produce the same results, and if the Panthers would have came to power they would have made many of the same mistakes as the white man.

So while in prison he started to study Islam because he wanted to follow in the footsteps of Malcolm X.

At the time his name was H. "Rap" Browne but he converted to Islam and changed his name to Jamil Al Amin.   

He then carried a knew idealogy that was based around the Qu'ran and similar to that of Malcolm X after his return from Hajj.  Like Malcolm he believed in self-defense rather than "turning the other cheek".  And like Malcolm he would make Hajj upon being released from prison and spent significant time in Africa.  He learned to speak Arabic in the Sudan. 

When he came back to America he began biulding an Islamic community in the middle of a crime and drug infested ghetto of Atlanta.  He became the leader of a mosque and started some local businesses teaching Muslims to become self-sufficient and spend and work to improve their communities.  Although they say his store had more people coming in asking for money than customers and that he would give to whoever asked.

By the 90's he had ran all the drug dealers away from his community.  He even received threats from drug dealers who had been ran out.  One day he was giving a speech in the mosque when somebody passed a note to him that was a threat from a drug dealer... he immediately crumpled it up and threw it on the floor and said to everyone over the microphone, "these people think I'm scared of them, you tell them that if I find them I will kill them myself!"

Anyway.. he continued malcolm's mission to make blacks more self-reliant, to orientate them towards Allah-consciousness, and to unite them with the African and Muslim world. 

Imam Jamil's big thing was prayer.  He encouraged that they must first learn to organize properly 5 times a day in the masjid for prayer consistently, before they could organize for greater things.

The government considered him a threat and he was framed and accused of shooting a police officer.  While on trial facing life in prison in 2001 he gave his last statement in court, dressed in a thobe and kufi, he made a supplication to Allah and awed the judge and all in that were in court that day.

He is currently serving life in prison and has been isolated from the other prisoners.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 08:37:55 PM by Abd. Infinite presents... Real Hip-Hop »

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 08:37:04 PM »

Yes.. there is one man that has.  His name is Imam Jamil Al Amin.  He went to prison in the 70's as a political prisoner for his revolutionary activities with the Black Panther Party.

While in prison he realized that his idealogy would ultimately roduce the same results, and if the Panthers would have came to power they would have made many of the same mistakes as the white man.

So while in prison he started to study Islam because he wanted to follow in the footsteps of Malcolm X.

At the time his name was H. "Rap" Browne but he converted to Islam and changed his name to Jamil Al Amin.   

He then carried a knew idealogy that was based around the Qu'ran and similar to that of Malcolm X after his return from Hajj.  Like Malcolm he believed in self-defense rather than "turning the other cheek".  And like Malcolm he would make Hajj upon being released from prison and spent significant time in Africa.  He learned to speak Arabic in the Sudan. 

When he came back to America he began biulding an Islamic community in the middle of a crime and drug infested ghetto of Atlanta.  He became the leader of a mosque and started some local businesses teaching Muslims to become self-sufficient and spend and work to improve their communities.  Although they say his story had more people coming in asking for money than customers and that he would give to whoever asked.

By the 90's he had ran all the drug dealers away from his community.  He even received threats from drug dealers who had been ran out.  One day he was giving a speech in the mosque when somebody passed a note to him that was a threat from a drug dealer... he immediately crumpled it up and threw it on the floor and said to everyone over the microphone, "these people think I'm scared of them, you tell them that if I find them I will kill them myself!"

Anyway.. he continued malcolm's mission to make blacks more self-reliant, to orientate them towards Allah-consciousness, and to unite them with the African and Muslim world.  Imam Jamil's big thing was prayer.  He encouraged that they must first learn to organize properly 5 times a day in the masjid for prayer consistently, before they could organize for greater things.

The government considered him a threat and he was framed and accused of shooting a police officer.  While on trial facing life in prison in 2001 he gave his last statement in court, dressed in a thobe and kufi, he made a supplication to Allah and awed the judge and all in that were in court that day.

He is currently serving life in prison and has been isolated from the other prisoners.

eye remember the whole framing shit with the police, that shit was soooooooooooo sloppy that whole case. H. Rap Browne was a threat to these devils. he filled all the requirements to be a threat.  a Black man; check, and educated; check== "We got to fry this nigger".

Narrator

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 06:40:36 AM »
Theres that famous picture of them together once...

But make no mistake about it... their idealogies were not one in the same.

-Martin was a Christian preacher and represented the black church.  Malcolm was a Muslim leader and called Christianity the white man's religion.  He felt like Christianity had been historically used to suppress the black man into turning the other cheek and worshippin a white Jesus.  Malcom believed Islam was the solution to the race problem in America.  He was not for integration like Martin, but rather he explained that there could be no white/black unity unless their was first black/black unity... before malcolm died he was working to unite the black man in America with the Muslims and Africans of the East.

Right, and Malcolm X was wrong just like MLK was. Islamic countries were historically very active in the slave trade.

The Poor Righteous Teachers represent the truth, what Islam was supposed to be, not what those dumbfuck Arabs have made it.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 04:28:47 PM »

Yes.. there is one man that has.  His name is Imam Jamil Al Amin. 
He went to prison in the 70's as a political prisoner for his revolutionary activities with the Black Panther Party.

While in prison he realized that his idealogy would ultimately produce the same results, and if the Panthers would have came to power they would have made many of the same mistakes as the white man.

When he came back to America he began biulding an Islamic community in the middle of a crime and drug infested ghetto of Atlanta.  He became the leader of a mosque and started some local businesses teaching Muslims to become self-sufficient and spend and work to improve their communities.  Although they say his store had more people coming in asking for money than customers and that he would give to whoever asked.

Anyway.. he continued malcolm's mission to make blacks more self-reliant, to orientate them towards Allah-consciousness, and to unite them with the African and Muslim world. 

Imam Jamil's big thing was prayer.  He encouraged that they must first learn to organize properly 5 times a day in the masjid for prayer consistently, before they could organize for greater things.

interesting, and what happenned with that community after he got jailed? Did drug dealers came back?

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 06:38:52 PM »

interesting, and what happenned with that community after he got jailed? Did drug dealers came back?

His community in Atlanta was weakened by all the suspicion, intrique, government surviellance, etc. that surrounded his community after his arrest.  And without his direct leadership to make sense of the situation I've heard they've kind of fallen apart.

However, I know all over America, inside and out of prison there are people who pledge (make baya) to follow his leadership.  There was even a large street gang in Chicago who's members converted all at once to Islam and pledged to follow his leadership.  He was still having an impact which is kind of why they've now put him on isolation in prison.

I've written him before in prison a few years back and he wrote me back but he wouldn't discuss any polotics or his case, he basically just gave me Islamic advise about prayer and patience and friendship and things of that nature.

And even the letters he sent me had been tampered with, opened and resealed.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 06:41:46 PM by Abd. Infinite presents... Real Hip-Hop »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2008, 03:51:05 AM »
what's the story behind the bean pies?

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09