Author Topic: Busta Rhymes Enlists T.I., Common & Mary J. Blige For New LP  (Read 738 times)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Busta Rhymes Enlists T.I., Common & Mary J. Blige For New LP
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2008, 05:55:59 AM »
All I know is the single is cool. I'll judge the rest after the record is out.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2008, 07:02:47 AM »
You guys are looking too much into this, Busta's guest features are always on point and he always works with million artists for his album and only a few make the cut so we'll see who ends on the album. But as far as these tracks mentioned:

- the Common, Mary and Jamie song sounds a really emotional song, something like Been Through The Storm
- the TIP and Akon track sounds like an agressive song, something like Hurt
- Linkin Park are dope and he described the track is for all the people that made it out of the ghetto
- the TPain feature is questionable no doubt but if it's something like that Twista joint I won't mind

Lunatic

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2008, 08:28:36 AM »
the TIP and Akon track sounds like an agressive song, something like Hurt
exactly, and hurt was a great fuckin song.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

D~Nice

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2008, 08:37:54 AM »
the TIP and Akon track sounds like an agressive song, something like Hurt
exactly, and hurt was a great fuckin song.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2008, 08:40:25 AM »
I don't want to see no Linkin Park on the album, I'll admit to that.

I'll love to see KRS-One one on this bitch.  :o 8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2008, 08:44:21 AM »
You guys are looking too much into this, Busta's guest features are always on point and he always works with million artists for his album and only a few make the cut so we'll see who ends on the album. But as far as these tracks mentioned:

- the Common, Mary and Jamie song sounds a really emotional song, something like Been Through The Storm
- Linkin Park are dope and he described the track is for all the people that made it out of the ghetto
- the TPain feature is questionable no doubt but if it's something like that Twista joint I won't mind

why?

offcourse it's too early to make a judgement, but from those who liked a lot of songs from the Big Bang i perfectly understand their reaction.

i mean, overall i was satisfied with Dre's input on the album, but i don't expect Dre to be involved that much with the next album; and the current lineup don't really make up for it imo.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2008, 08:51:45 AM »
How ya'll ain't feeling the beat? It sounds like it can be a Beastie Boys album.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2008, 09:15:24 AM »

why?

offcourse it's too early to make a judgement, but from those who liked a lot of songs from the Big Bang i perfectly understand their reaction.

i mean, overall i was satisfied with Dre's input on the album, but i don't expect Dre to be involved that much with the next album; and the current lineup don't really make up for it imo.

Sure but too many people are judging the album for this article. He had like 3 MTV articles before that where he said that he has production from Dre, Nottz, Focus, J.Dilla, Timbaland & Danja... and that he will again have guest apperances people will not exepct like on the Big Bang where he had Stevie Wonder, Rick James, Raekwon, Nas... We just gotta wait for the final product, like I've said ebfore, Busta always works with shitload of people for the albums.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2008, 09:38:39 AM »
Sure but too many people are judging the album for this article. He had like 3 MTV articles before that where he said that he has production from Dre, Nottz, Focus, J.Dilla, Timbaland & Danja... and that he will again have guest apperances people will not exepct like on the Big Bang where he had Stevie Wonder, Rick James, Raekwon, Nas... We just gotta wait for the final product, like I've said ebfore, Busta always works with shitload of people for the albums.

i see your point  ;)

Busta said several times Dre is on the record and even said he won't make the same mistake as on the Big Bang where Dre didn't produce the first single (or any other single for that matter). Altough this record again ain't produced by Dre and is tagged as the first track from the new album. I just hope it's a warm up single and Dre produced the first official one.

i see your point from a marketing point of view, but what about your personal taste?

i mean, i didn't like How we do it over here ( as you may know i don't really like the typical club formula  :laugh:).
so for me, it doesn't really matter who produces the first single, as it will probably follow a certain formula anyway.

so as far as the music is concerned, i rather see non-(1st)single Dre produced tracks on this next Busta Rhymes album  :P

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2008, 09:41:34 AM »
That's another point of view, I definetly do agree that Busta and Dre didn't have THE single for Big Bang, all their tracks could've been 2nd,3rd,4th singles but not the first (well except maybe the Missy track but that was too Candy Shop-ish for me). So, I hope they worked on that this time around.

smegma

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2008, 09:43:35 AM »
What was wrong with "Touch It"? That shit was all over the place!

D-e-f-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2008, 12:10:12 PM »
What was wrong with "Touch It"? That shit was all over the place!

the problem with touch it was that it came out too early ...or from the other pov...the album came too late, after all the hype created by touch it faded

..I love my chick was a real crap second single..

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2008, 07:55:37 PM »
i love my bitch wasnt that bad of a single.. it was pop but not overly so. it got a good amount of play, i still see the vid on bet. "in the ghetto" was a bad single. good song, but that song was never gonna do well, and any of the dre tracks would have been better.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2008, 07:42:32 AM »
Busta Rhymes Drafts Linkin Park For New Single
Busta Rhymes
April 15, 2008, 10:25 AM ET
Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
Busta Rhymes has drafted rock act Linkin Park to guest on his new single, "We Made It," a Chris Robinson-directed video for which is being shot today (April 15) in Los Angeles.

The track, which was produced by Cool & Dre and Linkin Park's Mike Shinoda, will introduce Rhymes' eighth studio album, "Blessed," due June 17 via Flipmode/Aftermath/Interscope.

"This is one of those songs that can't be described better than touching the souls of the common people," says Rhymes.

Shinoda and Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington will appear in the video. The group previously teamed with Jay-Z for the 2004 album "Collision Course," which debuted at No. 1 on The Billboard 200.

www.billboard.com

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2008, 09:12:00 AM »
Go figure, what the fuck.