Author Topic: Kevin Love declares for the NBA draft...  (Read 1438 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Kevin Love declares for the NBA draft...
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 11:41:53 AM »
the next big bust

he's listed at 6'10 but i've read articles swearing he's no taller than 6'8

LOL@bust.. he can do EVERYTHING. Has a high basketball IQ and defined skills to go along with it. He's like a more athletic Kevin McHale. And whoever says he's not tall enough and out of shape is retarded. He's a power forward. He's got a good combination of height and size. It's one of his strengths.

Not only that, he's smart as evidenced by his comment that he would love to play for Portland. Smart guy there. Imagine if our frontcourt rotation consisted of:

Oden/Przybilla/LMA
LMA/Love/Frye/Outlaw
Webster/Outlaw/Jones

fuckin ridiculous. Its a moot point though because were doing whatever it takes to get Rose. ;D

LOL@thinking you guys have a shot at Rose...Ya'll better pray for Collison or Westbrook, cuz that's the best you'll be doing if you're lucky (and those players are not bad at all...not by a long shot).

Love's exact comments were that he'd like to play for Portland or the Lakers/Clippers...he's a west coast guy. 8)

LOL I dont really think we're getting Rose, nut it is the right of every lottery team to keep hope alive! I do like Collison, and we probably have a good shot at him, but Westbrook reminds me too much of Jarrett Jack with even less pg skills. If there's one thing Portland is loaded with its project pgs. We dont need any more of those. As far as Love being as West Coast guy, you're right, but more specifically, he's a Portland guy.

Quote from: Kevin Love
"I really, really love the Trail Blazers, and hey, I'd love to play for them," Love said. "Any team that's going to pick me, I'd love to play for, but it gives me a little extra incentive that Portland's right up there.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2008, 11:44:24 AM »
^ was that statement made before or after the people of Oregon dissed the shit out of him and his family at that game?
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2008, 11:48:35 AM »
the next big bust

And Barkley was listed at 6'8" but was probably no bigger than 6'6". That doesnt mean he wasnt effective at pf even though he had an ideal height of a combo guard.

Barkley was 6'3" and was listed at 6'6"...but his listing changed all the time. Throughout his career, I saw him listed anywhere from 6'3"-6'6" (most commonly 6'4"), but never anything over that.

You're right. His listings did change all the time and 6' 3" was closer to his real height. I shouldn't try to post too much shit when Im drunk...lol. Anyway the point was that it doesnt matter ifLove is 6'8" or 6' 10." A couple of damn inches in either direction is not going to make him a bust.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2008, 11:49:54 AM »
^ was that statement made before or after the people of Oregon dissed the shit out of him and his family at that game?

After. But I don't think I would call a few drunken rednecks in Eugene "The people of Oregon." Portland loves Love. lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2008, 11:53:25 AM »

He said it 2 days ago on AM570.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008, 11:54:12 AM »
the next big bust

LOL@bust.. he can do EVERYTHING. Has a high basketball IQ and defined skills to go along with it. He's like a more athletic Kevin McHale. And whoever says he's not tall enough and out of shape is retarded. He's a power forward. He's got a good combination of height and size. It's one of his strengths.

Not only that, he's smart as evidenced by his comment that he would love to play for Portland. Smart guy there. Imagine if our frontcourt rotation consisted of:

Oden/Przybilla/LMA
LMA/Love/Frye/Outlaw
Webster/Outlaw/Jones

fuckin ridiculous. Its a moot point though because were doing whatever it takes to get Rose. ;D

LOL@thinking you guys have a shot at Rose...Ya'll better pray for Collison or Westbrook, cuz that's the best you'll be doing if you're lucky (and those players are not bad at all...not by a long shot).

Love's exact comments were that he'd like to play for Portland or the Lakers/Clippers...he's a west coast guy. 8)

LOL I dont really think we're getting Rose, nut it is the right of every lottery team to keep hope alive! I do like Collison, and we probably have a good shot at him, but Westbrook reminds me too much of Jarrett Jack with even less pg skills. If there's one thing Portland is loaded with its project pgs. We dont need any more of those. As far as Love being as West Coast guy, you're right, but more specifically, he's a Portland guy.

"I really, really love the Trail Blazers, and hey, I'd love to play for them," Love said. "Any team that's going to pick me, I'd love to play for, but it gives me a little extra incentive that Portland's right up there.

Westbrook is gunna be much better than Jarret Jack. You'd be luck to land him.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 11:57:18 AM »
Interesting... I would have thrown the middle finger to Oregon after that incident, but that's just me.. :)
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2008, 12:04:44 PM »
the next big bust

Oden/Przybilla/LMA
LMA/Love/Frye/Outlaw
Webster/Outlaw/Jones

Westbrook is gunna be much better than Jarret Jack. You'd be luck to land him.

There is a good chance of that. Its not like the bar is set too high in that respect. lol. Russell is a GREAT defender at pg, but we don't need an undersized 2 guard (Roy, Fernandez) and like I said, we definitely don't need another project pg (Blake, Jack, Rodriguez). I really like Collison though. I've been following him all year. I think he might need to bulk up a little for the NBA game, but I've been high on him all year. I would probably also take Lawson or Augustin over Westbrook.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2008, 01:11:44 PM »
You will regret passing up on Westbrook if you do...

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2008, 01:12:02 PM »
I would have thrown the middle finger to Oregon

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2008, 02:08:08 PM »
the next big bust

rollllllllllle playerrrrrrrrrrrrr
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2008, 02:23:36 PM »
Kevin Love > all the Celtic centers combined.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2008, 03:13:08 PM »
the next big bust

So because he's not gonna be a superstar that makes him a bust???

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2008, 03:14:27 PM »
Kevin Love > all the Celtic centers combined.

especially that Russell bum
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2008, 03:15:11 PM »
the next big bust

So because he's not gonna be a superstar that makes him a bust???

if he goes in the top 5 it's a complete waste of a pick

maybe if he goes to the south-east division he can look half good