Author Topic: Wyclef Jean presents...The Carnival  (Read 140 times)

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
Wyclef Jean presents...The Carnival
« on: April 19, 2008, 01:55:16 AM »
takin off the interludes/skits, it leaves us with 15 tracks out of which I like 10, which is quite good

solid album as a whole, coul've been quite better without the interludes, which I didn't skip to see if they actually added something to the album, but I didn't really see any connection

gone till november is probably the most famous track on here, and it's a quite beatiful composition.the remix (not on the album) with r.kelly and canibus is good too, but totally different

the track that I've grown up with, which partly explains why I like it so much, and it's probably as famous as gone til november is We Tryin' To Stay Alive with that Bee Gees sample.

My fourite tracks are Year Of The Dragon with Laurin Hill, Street Jeopardy with John Forte and R.O.C. (who was this guy btw?I remember him being on some tracks off Dupri's frst album), Gunpowder with Lauryn again (damn isn't she amazing?) and the BANGING reggae infused Jaspora with a CRAZY guitar

The tracks I dislike is the Salaam Remi produced Bubblegoose (wyclef's singing there is unlistenable to me), Sang Fezi which I just forward to Lauryn's singing in the end, that version of Mona Lisa he has here isn't toughing the original, and the title track is a skipper to me too

Overall, a solid album
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 01:58:20 AM by eazye »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Elevz

Re: Wyclef Jean presents...The Carnival
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 06:54:49 AM »
Thanks for reminding me to bump Gone Til November. That's a great fuckin' idea!

D~Nice

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 10:42:10 AM »
Man when that beat would kick in for Apocalypse.  :o

That is my favorite Clef joint

D-e-f-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 03:09:56 AM »
and the BANGING reggae infused Jaspora with a CRAZY guitar

oooohhh yea, you took the words outta my mouth ...soon as I read the thread title I wanted to make everyone check out Jaspora for that awesome guitar ...had it on repeat for days a few weeks ago!

year of the dragon is my 2nd fav ..

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 05:50:49 AM »
one of the albums that got me into hip hop

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson