Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Detox  (Read 27938 times)

Murrow

Re: Dr. Dre - Detox
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2002, 08:06:35 AM »
Just when beat surgeon Dr. Dre will be giving people a taste of his own musical medicine is still far away from being determined, but his singing protégé said he's going to offer quality material.  

"It sounds good, it sounds excellent, actually," Truth said of the little she's heard from the Dre album. "I like the direction he's going in. I've only heard a few [songs] and they were tracks in the making. The tracks were ridiculous. I think he's actually getting started now, getting into the groove of it. It takes him a while, he has to get in the whole mindset. It sounds a little more future than what Dre has been doing, but they are still ghetto, of course. Still his stee-lo. And he's working with other producers."
- mtv.com
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Zero4eva

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2002, 12:12:23 PM »
i cant wait. but i got a feeling this wont be as big as chronic 2001. dre hasnt been very impressive as a producer since then. he seeems to have chenged his rapping style too. i hope its good, but doubt it

You might be right. I bet it won't be as big as Chronic 2001, but I think Dre will finally get some respect outside the hiphop world.

Hittman2001

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2002, 07:25:34 PM »
I think this album will at least be as big as 2001.  knowing how dre is in the studio.  His first solo album put rap music on the map.  2001, had a big impact on both R&B and Rap (Production wise), just about every song has that 2001 sound to it.  I can't even imagine what kind of heat his final solo album is going to bring.  I mean, this is his final solo album.  He is going out with a bang that will send shockwaves around the music industry

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
Doctor Dre - DETOX
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2002, 04:20:27 PM »
I think "Detox" will be so different, it may scare some generic rap fans away because of how unique it will be.
I agree; Detox'll probably scare away the Ja Rule/Nelly/P Diddy fans, (but I don't mind!).

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
Dr. Dre - Detox
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2002, 04:30:09 PM »
You might be right. I bet it won't be as big as Chronic 2001, but I think Dre will finally get some respect outside the hiphop world.
IMHO, I bet that Detox'll be bigger than 2001 ever was.

Oh, and Dr. Dre already has respect outside of the hip hop community.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2002, 05:06:02 PM »
yup that fool got a grammy for producer of the year for any genre except classical i believe

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2002, 06:38:31 AM »
Hittman has been asked by Dre to write a majority of the Detox record and also appear, Hitt has been working a little with the big DR.

Murrow

Re:Dr. Dre - Detox
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2002, 11:53:22 AM »
Dre has also been recording Rakim, whose Aftermath debut is due next year, and logging ideas for Detox, which he has said will be a concept album of sorts (see "Dr. Dre's Final Album Will Be Hip-Hop Musical"). "I'm gonna try to make this one the one they remember me for," he said Wednesday. - mtv.com

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2002, 08:06:44 PM »
Since this is his last album...I hope it's at least twice as good as 2001...

I can't wait for it...I'ma cop it the DAY it drops...

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2002, 09:21:42 PM »
Man....I PRAAAAY that this album ain't a disappointment. U never really heard him talk much about 2001 until it was gettin ready to come out....he has so much shit that people are expectin, I hope he doesn't do like he did with the NWA project and say it's not up to par or whatever.
Also,  hope tis is the West Coast 2nd major reign.....we get no respect right now

Pillow

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2002, 04:54:47 PM »
I think this album will at least be as big as 2001.  knowing how dre is in the studio.  His first solo album put rap music on the map.  2001, had a big impact on both R&B and Rap (Production wise), just about every song has that 2001 sound to it.  I can't even imagine what kind of heat his final solo album is going to bring.  I mean, this is his final solo album.  He is going out with a bang that will send shockwaves around the music industry

Rag_J

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2002, 06:34:21 AM »
i cant wait. but i got a feeling this wont be as big as chronic 2001. dre hasnt been very impressive as a producer since then.

Did you read what you typed?  LoL, you just said you can'twait for a worse album from Dre cause he hasn't been makin hot beats since "2001."

I think "Detox" will be so different, it may scare some generic rap fans away because of how unique it will be.

I think it will sound like a mixture between old G-FUnk and Paid THa Cost. You know, Dre and Snoop talkin' 'bout changing the game, perhaps the Paid THe Cost style is their new style? I can't figure out how Dre could produce tracks and sound like the 'tunes tho..

Jome

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2003, 07:28:54 PM »

I think it will sound like a mixture between old G-FUnk and Paid THa Cost. You know, Dre and Snoop talkin' 'bout changing the game, perhaps the Paid THe Cost style is their new style? I can't figure out how Dre could produce tracks and sound like the 'tunes tho..

"Paid the cost" doesn't have any specific sound at all.
All the tracks sound different more or less.

Btw, if DETOX reminds me of "Paid the Cost", I'll probably jump out the window..

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2003, 10:38:15 AM »
detox wont be great without snoop

dre needs snooop jus as much as snoop needs dre

they make a great combo and itd only be fittin for snoop to be on it

plus you can have as much of rakim cube and eminem on it as u want, but real niggaz, well most ppl will much rather see a snoop dre track then any of the others......oh apart from the eminem groupies ofcourse, who believe eminem is god

but itd be great to see eminem snoop dre n cube all on a track together............even with xzibit if they sort out they differences, i miss that shit

peace

Murrow

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2003, 11:27:45 AM »

"Paid the cost" doesn't have any specific sound at all.
All the tracks sound different more or less.

Btw, if DETOX reminds me of "Paid the Cost", I'll probably jump out the window..