Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Detox  (Read 28037 times)

Jome

Re:Dr. Dre - Detox
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2003, 05:56:09 PM »
detox wont be great without snoop

dre needs snooop jus as much as snoop needs dre

they make a great combo and itd only be fittin for snoop to be on it

True, but making Detox sound like "Paid the cost 2" would be the biggest mistake ever done in hiphop-history.

I hope Snoop will be on at least 3-5 tracks, and I hope Dre refuses to have JellyRoll, Meech or BattlefuckinCat on there.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2003, 02:18:32 AM »
I hope Snoop will be on at least 3-5 tracks, and I hope Dre refuses to have JellyRoll, Meech or BattlefuckinCat on there.

There Better Be NOTHING But A Complete Dre Produced Album!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2003, 09:48:58 AM »
word this shit cant be like sumthing thats already been made, dre gotta alot to prove on this shit believe it or not, bare folks are sayin his "fallen off" or like "its that same beat makin nigga agen".......shit like that pisses me off, but its tru, everyone at the moment be thinkin dre makin the same shit with like a slight difference with each beat he be making at the moment! and ppl be sayin he always doesnt make his own shit, he needs ppl blah blah blah

hopefully this cd will shut up everyone

but i have no clu what 2 expect from this

min0rity

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2003, 09:56:42 AM »
this album will be amazing....i wouldn't be suprised if it doesn't come until 2004

Murrow

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2003, 05:31:19 PM »
He will unleash a new sound when he's confident it will be good enough and creative enough that the 99 percent who are followers will start to try to recreate and copy the new dre sound.  dre's upcoming revelation will not be new. nothing will ever be brand new in music ever again. dre is just going to mix, arrainge and create sounds and instruments in a way that has never been heard before- a Andre Mozart Young orchestral piece. like i mentioned before dre is always concerned about his legacy. Detox is going to be the last thing they remember dre with as an artist. he wants to drop music that people will remember forever. there is always a chance dre will play it safe and release Detox as a great final album thats nothing special.  yes the instrumental tracks for In Da Club and If I Can't were made with Detox in mind. both those tracks are as good as anything dre's done the last few years. but in the end dre decided that 50 might as well have them, because Detox would be so much different. dre has changed his mind on Detox so many times he may change his mind back to something safer than the shit we are doing now. if he does play it safe, dre may disappoint you with a very dope album, thats great but not the mind bender you were hoping for. the last time dre played it safe was on truth hurts album. i sill like the released version, but the version i was thinking would be released was so much better. for some reason dre decided against using a lot of his own produced tracks for truth's album. if he would have released what i thought he was going to release only 5 songs would have stayed. so that may happen with Detox - but i doubt it  .  cause the shit we've been doing lately for Detox is bonkers man.  we got a great team back together. plus there will be some great new additions, including some really eclectic musicians.  i really can't describe the sound. just think of a wall of sound being shaken by a cali earthquake.  i don't know what else to say. i just find myself laughing at some of the stuff cause its so goofy. but the aggression of the pace combined with the crazy instrumentations and swirling arsenal of sounds makes for some funky
and crazy shit.  plus Detox will include by far the best collection of mc's for any of his solo albums. so things are looking very interesting. but there is a long way to go. and since i have no idea what will make the album i have no idea what the end result will be. all i know is that if dre
plays it safe it will be a dope album. but if dre goes crazy with this helterskelter yet incredibly funky and musical sound we're doing now - you will literally be blown away. so i hope i don't get your hopes up too much. but if things end up the way i think they will watch out. right now i don't know our final destination, but i am enjoying the journey more than anything i've ever done.  plus
plans are back on for a 5.1 version of Detox on sacd, and eventually dvd-audio. if that happens you better get lined up for that musical expreience. if you like rock music i'd get dvd-audio right now and enjoy metallica's black album, stp's core and linkin park's reanimation. dre can't wait to play with the surround sound. i guarantee that dre will mix it better than anyone. Detox will be the
first 5.1 release, but eventually dre hopes to remix and release the entire Aftermath catalogue.
Detox may disappoint, but it might, just might be the most incredible thing you've ever heard. but don't get your hopes up on my account.
- Mellowman

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2003, 12:34:14 AM »
I wouldn't mind waiting a year or even two for Detox. I want Dre to take his time with this album and blow me the fuck away like he did with 2001. It better be all produced by Dre although Lord Finesse dropped a hot beat on the last album.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2003, 01:53:26 PM »
I wouldn't mind waiting a year or even two for Detox. I want Dre to take his time with this album and blow me the fuck away like he did with 2001. It better be all produced by Dre although Lord Finesse dropped a hot beat on the last album.

Suga Foot

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2003, 11:42:44 PM »

Dope Money Clean

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2003, 11:52:20 PM »

My dick gets hard  from  reading  threads like these.  

If  Mellow Man  posts  another  update on  DETOX  ,        I'm gonna  faint!        :o

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2003, 04:26:20 AM »

If  Mellow Man  posts  another  update on  DETOX  ,        I'm gonna  faint!        :o
down boy  ;) LMAO @ your dick gettin hard for this......

Kamal

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2003, 04:34:04 AM »

LOL  ;D

Murrow

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2003, 11:34:11 AM »
Rocwilder and Dre? - 25 February, 2003 By : Nima
During an interview with Redman and Rocwilder on channel E!, Rocwilder stated that he'd be workin' with Dr. Dre on Dre's last solo album, the long awaited Detox. Thanks to Raks from the Aftermathmusic.info forum for the news.
So far we've had seven producers sayin' they'll be workin' on Detox: DJ Quik, Me-Man, Cube, Scott Storch, Khalil, Fredwreck & Rocwilder. Oh and of course Dre himself.
Stay tuned for more news on Detox, (thanks to CWalk from WCC we now know it is NOT a "Hip-Hopera") certainly one of the most anticipated rap albums ever.
- dubcnn

Kamal

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2003, 01:24:44 PM »
" If I Get Locked Up " (Eminem & Dr Dre) produced Rockwilder ; this is a dope
 track !
Jome will be happy !
« Last Edit: February 25, 2003, 01:26:04 PM by T.K. »

Jome

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2003, 08:06:36 PM »
" If I Get Locked Up " (Eminem & Dr Dre) produced Rockwilder ; this is a dope
 track !
Jome will be happy !

Yup, I've heard it years ago..  ;D

A shame that Dre only does the chorus though.. Em & Dre got a magic chemistry when they switch verses..

Agua

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2003, 04:51:01 PM »
damn, I don't know "If I Get Locked up"...... on what album is it???