Author Topic: Rakim - "Oh My God"  (Read 16869 times)

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
Who said what $#!+ (???)
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2002, 06:16:52 PM »
who said this shit
What shit?

Murrow

Re: Rakim - "Oh My God"
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2002, 03:34:53 PM »
Yo, I just read a magazine, don't know which one, but it had Eminem and Rakim on the cover.  It basically was an interview on how they are 2 great MC's with two totally different styles.  Eminem said he was 'scared to ask Dre about the material Dre and Ra have been working on.'  Saying it is so top secret, and that EM is intimidated by it.  

So this project is still on y'all.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

krul

« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2002, 12:52:00 PM »
Yo, I just read a magazine, don't know which one, but it had Eminem and Rakim on the cover.  It basically was an interview on how they are 2 great MC's with two totally different styles.  Eminem said he was 'scared to ask Dre about the material Dre and Ra have been working on.'  Saying it is so top secret, and that EM is intimidated by it.  

So this project is still on y'all.  

good news. I told y'all that Ra & Em are the best mcees ever ;D

bricklayer

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2002, 05:50:54 PM »
which magazine did u get this info from, cause you know this board will basically say its bullshit unless you give us the source where you got it from....so just hollla back dun
peace

Murrow

« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2002, 09:39:27 AM »
which magazine did u get this info from, cause you know this board will basically say its bullshit unless you give us the source where you got it from....so just hollla back dun
peace

I forgot, but people trust me, cause I've been around.

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2002, 02:37:47 PM »
whats new bout this album , we had this tread for a long ass time now i think and no single is drop , wtf
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Murrow

« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2002, 02:58:43 PM »
whats new bout this album , we had this tread for a long ass time now i think and no single is drop , wtf

The album is top-secret.   8)

Young Paid

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2002, 05:09:10 PM »

I forgot, but people trust me, cause I've been around.

HOW THE FUKK CAN U FORGET SHIT LIKE THIS?

JUST TELL THE TRUTH IF U REALLY DIDNT READ IT

Jome

« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2002, 06:04:03 PM »

HOW THE FUKK CAN U FORGET SHIT LIKE THIS?

JUST TELL THE TRUTH IF U REALLY DIDNT READ IT

He can't tell his sources, thereof the name "Incognito".  ;D

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2002, 04:37:50 AM »
Here you go:

Eminem And Rakim Talk Collaboration
By Chuck 'Jigsaw' Creekmur, BET.Com Staff Writer  

September 26, 2002-- In an interview with Mass Appeal magazine, pop-hop bad boy Eminem and Rakim, an '80s rap icon, compared lyrical styles and strongly suggested that they would record together in the near future. Although both lyricists are affiliates of Dr. Dre, neither has publicly discussed the prospect of collaboration until this cover story.

Because of their conflicting schedules, Eminem admitted, the pair hasn't yet been able to unite in the studio, but they said there is a realistic possibility they will collaborate on Rakim's highly-anticipated album, Oh My God.

"We talked about doing something together when we met for [a] photo shoot. It seemed that for a minute we just kept missing each other," Eminem said, "I told Ra, yo, I'm there. I'm available."

Rakim said, in agreement, "If me and Em hit the studio, we gonna come out of there with something great. So look out."

A huge fan of Rakim, Eminem suggested that working with the man deemed by many as the "god of rap" would be an intimidating feat, even though he himself is currently considered as one of the finest rappers in the game, if not the finest.

"I just told Ra that before I do a song with him, I need to stack my ideas for like a month, he said. "But whenever you need me Ra, I'm on a plane."

The pair also compared the changes in rhyme styles from the late '80s, when Rakim was the standard of excellence, to the present, where Em is the current dominant lyrical presence.

Rakim said that from his point of view, hip-hop music has progressed and taken steps backwards too.

"Rhyme styles are advanced, but in someways its stagnating 'cause you got a lot of rappers talking about the same sh*t."

Unlike some of his peers, Eminem said he never uses a rhyme he isn't impressed by.

"I know that I work hard at putting rhymes together. You can tell when somebody's in the studio writing two-minute rhymes and doesn't really give a f**k," Eminem said.

Murrow

« Reply #100 on: October 02, 2002, 09:32:22 AM »
Here you go:

Eminem And Rakim Talk Collaboration
By Chuck 'Jigsaw' Creekmur, BET.Com Staff Writer  

September 26, 2002-- In an interview with Mass Appeal magazine, pop-hop bad boy Eminem and Rakim, an '80s rap icon, compared lyrical styles and strongly suggested that they would record together in the near future. Although both lyricists are affiliates of Dr. Dre, neither has publicly discussed the prospect of collaboration until this cover story.

Because of their conflicting schedules, Eminem admitted, the pair hasn't yet been able to unite in the studio, but they said there is a realistic possibility they will collaborate on Rakim's highly-anticipated album, Oh My God.

"We talked about doing something together when we met for [a] photo shoot. It seemed that for a minute we just kept missing each other," Eminem said, "I told Ra, yo, I'm there. I'm available."

Rakim said, in agreement, "If me and Em hit the studio, we gonna come out of there with something great. So look out."

A huge fan of Rakim, Eminem suggested that working with the man deemed by many as the "god of rap" would be an intimidating feat, even though he himself is currently considered as one of the finest rappers in the game, if not the finest.

"I just told Ra that before I do a song with him, I need to stack my ideas for like a month, he said. "But whenever you need me Ra, I'm on a plane."

The pair also compared the changes in rhyme styles from the late '80s, when Rakim was the standard of excellence, to the present, where Em is the current dominant lyrical presence.

Rakim said that from his point of view, hip-hop music has progressed and taken steps backwards too.

"Rhyme styles are advanced, but in someways its stagnating 'cause you got a lot of rappers talking about the same sh*t."

Unlike some of his peers, Eminem said he never uses a rhyme he isn't impressed by.

"I know that I work hard at putting rhymes together. You can tell when somebody's in the studio writing two-minute rhymes and doesn't really give a f**k," Eminem said.

Thank you.  God, y'all are hyper.

lurk

« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2002, 11:52:26 AM »
After listening to "what's Your Name" by Xzibit I can't wait for an upcomin Rakim/Eminem collabo. I mean the beat is just ridiculous. Since Ra seems to be one of Em's fav MCs I think Mr Mathers will pull out a dope ass beat to make this track the bomb.

Murrow

« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2002, 12:01:28 PM »
After listening to "what's Your Name" by Xzibit I can't wait for an upcomin Rakim/Eminem collabo. I mean the beat is just ridiculous. Since Ra seems to be one of Em's fav MCs I think Mr Mathers will pull out a dope ass beat to make this track the bomb.

I hope that song on "8-Mile," "R.A.K.I.M." is a Eminem produced track.  It would be dope if both Dre & Em did it!  Since Dre seems to be nowhere found on the tracklisting.  On the other hand, this could be an old Ra song.  Didn't he have a song that went "I'm the R, the A, to the K-I-M"?

Hittman2001

« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2002, 12:17:55 PM »
Yeah, he said that on the "once upon a time remix" that just came out.  i'm pretty sure it was on the original also

Murrow

« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2002, 12:48:10 PM »
Yeah, he said that on the "once upon a time remix" that just came out.  i'm pretty sure it was on the original also

Said what?