Author Topic: 50 Cent - Get Rich Or Die Trying  (Read 4324 times)

Instigator

• Lil Geezy
Re:50 Cent - Get Rich or Die Trying
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2002, 11:07:00 AM »
The 50 Cent songs on the 8 Mile soundtrack didn't blow me away... so unless 50 steps up his game, I can't say I expect much from this album. But I anticipate it, of course... I'ma check it out when it drops. Peace

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2002, 03:14:01 PM »
wanksta is a dope track i reckon but places to go, i jus feel the hook, i reckon the beat hasnt got good enough replay value to it n at first 5o's tryna rap a lil grimey but sounds like his tryna copies eminems flow off renegade, but his dope n his addictive n good a good production team to back him up

Scarfacetony

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2002, 04:26:52 AM »
THE TRUTH shit wasn't 50 Cent........

REALLY???I  heard its from 50 cent

kuma1122

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2002, 02:08:51 AM »
Love me from 8 mile is where 50 cent flows his best i think... that song, the beat that blends intot he background, the whole concept of the song, and his verse make me wanna buy his album

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2002, 09:38:40 PM »
50 said on Rap City that the album will drop on Feb. 11.

Murrow

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2002, 09:17:56 AM »

Did he say anything else?

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2002, 12:54:35 AM »

Did he say anything else?

That's all he said about the album. Nothing about guest appearances and production.

Murrow

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2002, 05:56:29 PM »
Rumored 50 Cent Tracklist. - Ill Fred 20.11.2002 - 22:57
I don't know 100% if this is for real but it looks like it could be.

1.Intro(Get Rich)
2.Patiently Waiting
3.Wanksta
4.50 Kills f. Xzibit
5.So What? (skit)
6.Undercover Thief
7.Don't Push Me
8.Tough Block f. DMX & Eminem
9.The Magic Stick f. Trina
10.Shut Up! (skit)
11.1st Single
12.Trauma Drama f. Dr. Dre & Nate Dogg
13.Trouble(skit)
14.Trouble In NYC f. Rakim
15.If I Knew.... f. Eminem & D-12
16.Outro(Die Trying)

Executive Producer:Eminem
Production by:Eminem,Dr. Dre,Sha Money XL,Premier,Proof(from D-12)

I think it is fake...album isn't dropping until Feb.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2002, 06:36:58 AM »
Most likely the tracklist is fake, but hopefully Tough Block (if that's the name of the track) is on the album. There's nothing I'd like to hear more than 50 & DMX on the same track dissing the fuck outta Ja Fool. And even though Em doesn't have that much history as Ja Fool's enemy, he's gonna add some mo heat to the track, no doubt.

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2002, 12:32:44 AM »
http://www.rottenappleent.com/

THEY TALKED TO INTERSCOPE ABOUT THE WEBSITE AND TRYING TO WORK SOMETHING OUT WITH THEM ... IT'S THE BEST 50 SITE!

Murrow

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2002, 02:11:40 PM »
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

First single is looking to be the most likley produced Dre cut, "In The Club."  It's a hot track that should catapult 50 into the mainstream.

Murrow

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2002, 11:50:16 AM »
SIXSHOT:  Your new album, how would you describe it? Lyrically?Thematically/Stylistically? Production wise?
50 CENT:  Honestly, It’s the best thing I’ve done to date. I’ve got party joints, you know I got shit for the streets.  I don’t’ want to blow how I set it off, but I got something for everybody.

SIXSHOT:  Your single Wanksta, what is about? What is a wanksta?
50 CENT:  Gangsta’s are inspired by finance. Wansksta.... Ja is a fuckin Wanksta....that nigga is bitch made for real....A wanksta is a fraud.

SIXSHOT:  What do you think about the Eminem/Benzino feud?
50 CENT: That ain’t even a feud. That’s Benzino's attempt to get some shine. Em said “I didn’t even meet this guy…we never had any action with Benzino where he had a problem." I heard Benzino's shit on his album where he's like "50 get your loot and stay out of it", because he knows I rap for the hood. I look at it I understand it. The truth is he can get a little attention for going after Em, but seriously, even after you get everybody to listen, you
better have some quality shit there, because you’re fucked if the rest of the quality is missing.

SIXSHOT:  What are your favorite tracks off the new album?
50 CENT:  My favorite joint is called Heat. Me and Dre. Dre got some shit with him musically. Like I said before, he got some shit for NWA still that matches me so perfectly.

SIXSHOT:  Besides Aftermath, do you have a clique you rep?
50 CENT: Aftermath. G-Unit Records is my company. I’m negotiating a deal, probably wont’ be done until my first week of sales.

SIXSHOT:  What guest appears on your new album?
50 CENT:  Eminem, I’m gonna be on Obie's album. Tony Yayo and Lloyd Banks, Trina's gonna be on a song called "Magic Stick"; I don’t want to blow it.  There are going to be a lot of suprises.

SIXSHOT: How has the album been recorded and produced?  How much have Dre
and Eminem contributed?
50 CENT:  Me and Dre did 12, Me and Em did 6, 4 of those ended up on the 8 Mile Soundtrack. Right now the creative process is crazy.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2002, 01:11:11 AM »
12 tracks by dre recorded :o  damn i cant wait for this now.....shit his album is gonna blow the fuck up....i just got that feeling

Murrow

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2002, 09:08:44 AM »
"In the Club" is the first official single from 50 Cent's album "Get Rich or Die Trying."  Dre produced it and they are shooting the video for it this week in Los Angeles!

Murrow

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2002, 03:44:52 PM »
Rapper 50 Cent will release his new album, Get Rich Or Die Trying, on February 11 via Shady/Aftermath/Interscope Records, and he issued the first official single from the set, titled "In Da Club." The song was produced by Dr. Dre, who has produced hits for the likes of Eminem, Xzibit, Snoop Dogg, Eve, Mary J. Blige, and others.

50 Cent was involved in a huge bidding war before finally signing a joint deal with Eminem's Shady Records and Dr. Dre's Aftermath Entertainment. 50 Cent, who was shot nine times in 2000, maintains that although there was a lot of interest, many labels shied away because they saw him as a liability.

50 Cent said "'Cause if you think about, you're making a better investment if you have a studio gangster, someone who doesn't come from that, those walks of life that these things can't happen to them or they don't have those kind of people around them. They're afraid of what happens when there ain't no Plan B. When they know that this is it, either you do this or you going back to the 'hood, they're afraid of what happens when it's they fault your record ain't selling."

The rapper continued, "So when that happens, how do you explain to a person who is telling you there's nothing else--this is it--so they get antsy about that. Then they start thinking, 'Well, if something happens and you make an investment in this artist because you giving him this kind of finances and advance to record these records, then there's a risk if he's really from that,' and that kinda tried to get people to shy away from me."