Author Topic: 50 Cent - Get Rich Or Die Trying  (Read 4349 times)

Murrow

Re:50 Cent - For War or Love
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2003, 02:32:06 PM »

asiatic8

• 'G'
  • Blood of a Slave...Heart of a King!
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2003, 04:49:39 PM »
does anyone know when the video for "In Da Club" is set to premier....just curious.....?
Blood of a Slave...Heart of a King!!!!!

Murrow

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2003, 05:07:25 PM »
Next week prolly.  Cause he shot the video at the same time Em shot "Superman," and the premier for that video is on Jan 13th.

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2003, 10:11:18 AM »
Many sites are reporting that the title of 50 CENT's Album has changed to "For War or Love" and this is wrong. His Shady/Aftermath Debut Album is still called "GET RICH OR DIE TRYIN" set to be released on February 11th.
Source: Interscope & 50CentOnline.com

Murrow

« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2003, 11:37:02 AM »
^GOOD

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
Re:50 Cent - Get Rich Or Die Trying
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2003, 10:40:09 PM »
the tracklist is fake!

Kamal

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2003, 08:25:44 AM »

asiatic8

• 'G'
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2003, 09:54:33 PM »
Just wondering but does anyone know who are the producers on "Get Rich or Die Trying?"  I know that Em and Dre, but does anyone else whoelse produced on the album?  Also is it me or has 50's voice changed a little when compared to like  2 years ago?  just curious............later

Murrow

« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2003, 09:42:37 AM »
Just wondering but does anyone know who are the producers on "Get Rich or Die Trying?"  I know that Em and Dre, but does anyone else whoelse produced on the album?  Also is it me or has 50's voice changed a little when compared to like  2 years ago?  just curious............later

Peep the first post of this thread.

Jome

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2003, 07:04:50 PM »
Also is it me or has 50's voice changed a little when compared to like  2 years ago?  just curious............later

Yeah, his voice changed pretty much after he got shot 7 times.. (or was it 9?)

Murrow

« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2003, 11:24:59 AM »
Also is it me or has 50's voice changed a little when compared to like  2 years ago?  just curious............later

Yeah, his voice changed pretty much after he got shot 7 times.. (or was it 9?)

Murrow

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2003, 11:39:46 AM »
More 50 Cent Album News - Dedicato 17.01.2003 - 19:42
More information has come out regarding the new 50 Cent album, this time in a report on MTV.
50 Cent's run in's with the law have caused him to have more than just a quick phone call chat with head of Interscope, Jimmy Iovine : "Absolutely, I get phone calls, but now I have meetings. I have to have a meeting. I sit down and Jimmy explains things to me like, 'You have to be like this.' Dre and them know what I'm used to. We sat down and had conversations before they signed me. They know who I am...I have to internalize things in a negative way to understand them."
50 also revealed how he is far from worried about his new album, "Get Rich or Die Trying," hitting the streets early and getting bootlegged : "The bootleggers are gonna go crazy with this record, they understand how much of a presence I have in the streets. They'll probably get the record two weeks before the album actually drops and it'll be all over the place. When [I'm] putting together the best record I can, I believe word of mouth is just gonna generate more sales. Consistency is the key to all success. If I consistently put out good music, if they buy the bootleg this go around, it'll guarantee that they purchase the real CD when my next album comes out. I'm in a good space financially so I'm not worked up about the few dollars the bootleggers are gonna get."
With the albums first single already blowing up in the streets, on radio and in the clubs, its now getting rotation on TV as it recently had its premiere. Referring to the "In Da Club" video 50 said : "It's like Shady/Aftermath artist development, we wanna try to raise the bar, make the bionic artists. Give them all the qualities to sell records on their own. 'In Da Club' was the very first song I recorded with Dr. Dre in preparation for this album, I just wanted to have fun with the record. A lot of my records deal with personal issues or life-threatening issues. That's what the "die trying" part in Get Rich or Die Trying is about."
Regarding other tracks on the album, 50 revealed he has a collaboration with Nate Dogg on which he takes a different stance in regards to women : "I did a song called '21 Questions' with Nate Dogg, I think it's gonna be one of my biggest records. It's one of the first records I wrote where I'm not dogging women. I express myself in a different way on that record so it's entertaining to me. I don't think being one way is entertaining."
Tracks he and Eminem worked on for the new release includes the track, "Patiently Waiting," a song 50 Cent said may remind us of Eminem's most recent hit : "'Patiently Waiting' is talking about how I had to wait patiently to get my shot, It's kind of like 'Lose Yourself.' I actually heard that song while [Eminem] was on tour. When [he] wrote it and played it for me, I was like, 'Yo, it felt like you was talking about me. The things you was saying like you only get one shot.'"
"How To Rob" was the industry's first real taste of 50 Cent, the track in which he took a swipe at every artist you could imagine! He revealed the ammount of time he dedicates to 'disses' on the new album : "Small, because of my entrance with 'How to Rob,' I didn't want to make it my M.O. I got some issues I wanna deal with. I wanna get past this record before I actually get into it and do it the way I wanna do it. I wanna establish myself without that so it isn't, 'Oh, his M.O. is he's a trouble maker.' I think I'm gonna have that M.O. [tag] anyway. I worked on a record called 'Many Men,' it dealt with some of my issues, but I did it in what I think was a witty, creative way."
While he didnt reveal how deep they went, 50 did make it clear that in recording sessions he and DMX joined forces to go at a mutual adversary...i think we all know who! That track, titled "The Untouchables," is set to appear on X's upcoming album, "It's Not a Game" : "It's a good song, we sat down and built on the concept of it. Most people think it's gonna destroy Ja Rule, because he has issues with him and I have issues with him, but we didn't go there with the record immediately."
You can also expect a collaboration with DMC for a tribute track to Jam Master Jay titled, "We Miss Our Friend." Expect the song to appear on DMC's first solo album, "Checks, Thugs and Rock and Roll," which comes out in March.
Source: DubCNN.com

Lil' Dirty Bastard

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2003, 08:43:22 PM »
Official Tracklisting:

01. Intro
02. What Up Gangsta?
03. Patiently Waiting - featuring Eminem**
04. Many Men (Wish Death)**
05. In Da Club*
06. High All The Time**
07. Heat*
08. If I Can't*
09. Blood Hound - featuring Young Buc
10. Back Down*
11. P.I.M.P. - featuring Kon Artist
12. Like My Style - featuring Tony Yayo
13. Poor Lil' Rich**
14. 21 Questions - featuring Nate Dogg
15. Don't Push Me - featuring Eminem and Lloyd Banks**
16. Gotta Get/U Not/Life's On

* Produced by Dr. Dre
** Produced by Eminem
Tha Lil' Dirty Bastard straight frum tha VA zoo

asiatic8

• 'G'
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2003, 10:58:12 PM »
wasn't he supposed to do a song w/ Trina called the magic stick?   i heard him say that a couple of times....is that the real tracklisting?

Murrow

« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2003, 10:28:58 AM »
the sampler tracklist is...

01-Whats_Up_Gangsta_(Snippet)-2003-B4f.mp3
02-Patiently_Waiting_(Snippet)-2003-B4f.mp3
03-Many_Man_(Snippet)-2003-B4f.mp3
04-In_Tha_Club-2003-B4f.mp3
05-High_All_the_Time_(Snippet)-2003-B4f.mp3
06-Heat_(Snippet)-2003-B4f.mp3
07-If_I_Cant_(Snippet)-2003-B4f.mp3