Author Topic: Nas - N*gger is gonna be a horrible album..  (Read 565 times)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Nas - N*gger is gonna be a horrible album..
« on: April 21, 2008, 08:25:36 PM »
Okay, before the first leak came out I thought this was gonna be a good album.

This shit is gonna suck...  that song is really bad.  I don't think Nas has his head on right with this shit..

He sampled the Dr. Pepper theme song and turned it into a bunch of bullshit.  I'm laughing at Nas.  There's no real message in the song, it's almost like racial stereotyping itself.

He better come with sum real joints on the album..   Concept shit is whack for Nas right now....

J Bananas

Re: Nas - N*gger is gonna be a horrible album..
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 08:42:26 PM »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 08:47:34 PM »

That is not relevant to the discussion..  Do you have something to input about this topic?

J Bananas

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 10:01:22 PM »
1> you don't like the song, but that is your subjective opinion.

2> the sample - hip hop music (get familiar) often uses the most obscure crap pop/rock/r&b/jazz/soul samples from the last 100 years. maybe before that if you're sampling classical. the fact that a commercial jingle from the seventies is getting used isn't that shocking. it's not the first time either. you should check out artists like "gangstarr", or "pete rock", those guys sometimes have really weird samples.

3> the message behind the song is strong in that it softens the blow of a swear word demonized by Americans to the point where you can say fuck shit cunt, but nigger is a no no. now that is ridiculous. he airs it out by using several slurs.

4> you are known here for posting lame threads to lame music, so who are you to criticize or "laugh" at his creative endeavors. The logic behind it might just be a little over your head.

5> This is not a concept album. We have no idea if all his songs are going to be about the nigger word or race relations in general.
A concept album is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concept_album

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 10:11:22 PM »
1> you don't like the song, but that is your subjective opinion.

2> the sample - hip hop music (get familiar) often uses the most obscure crap pop/rock/r&b/jazz/soul samples from the last 100 years. maybe before that if you're sampling classical. the fact that a commercial jingle from the seventies is getting used isn't that shocking. it's not the first time either. you should check out artists like "gangstarr", or "pete rock", those guys sometimes have really weird samples.

3> the message behind the song is strong in that it softens the blow of a swear word demonized by Americans to the point where you can say fuck shit cunt, but nigger is a no no. now that is ridiculous. he airs it out by using several slurs.

4> you are known here for posting lame threads to lame music, so who are you to criticize or "laugh" at his creative endeavors. The logic behind it might just be a little over your head.

5> This is not a concept album. We have no idea if all his songs are going to be about the nigger word or race relations in general.
A concept album is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concept_album

1. This is forum to discuss.   U dont like what I'm being opinionated about gtfo this thread.

2. ur only logical input in this thread

3. That is what Nas says the message is, but by this song it's quite clear it's not gonna help anything.

4. hater remark

5. He has stated in numerous interviews it will be a concept album about the use of the word N*gger in today's society.

Start again plz.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 10:20:22 PM »
yeah i dont really have high expectations for this album at all............

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 10:41:22 PM »
I like the song a lot. Very good concept. Maybe not the greatest EVER, but its better than all this other bullshit being released by everybody (mainstream, underground or middleground) with NO FUCKING CONCEPT AT ALL. The song reminded me of when Paul Mooney said, "Everybody wanna be a nigga, but nobody wanna be a nigga." Thats the topic, and like it or not, its very true. Now probably more than ever, black is the thing to be. More and more people from more and more ethnic groups are doing their damndest to assimilate into or at the very least be "down with" black culture. Probably one of Nas' more relevant songs of his catalogue. I think this album is going to be great.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 11:14:55 PM »
Can u please tell us the the fucking title of the song your talking about?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 11:19:59 PM »
I like the song a lot. Very good concept. Maybe not the greatest EVER, but its better than all this other bullshit being released by everybody (mainstream, underground or middleground) with NO FUCKING CONCEPT AT ALL. The song reminded me of when Paul Mooney said, "Everybody wanna be a nigga, but nobody wanna be a nigga." Thats the topic, and like it or not, its very true. Now probably more than ever, black is the thing to be. More and more people from more and more ethnic groups are doing their damndest to assimilate into or at the very least be "down with" black culture. Probably one of Nas' more relevant songs of his catalogue. I think this album is going to be great.

"not mad becuz eminem said ngga, cuz hes my ngga"

that is just a blatant use of the word, no message..  

"critics eat a dick, journalists see i rich, with this n word, bitch"

thats promoting the use

"they like to strangle nggas, still u wanna be a ngga too"

hes trying to say two different ppl are the same (racists, "wiggers")

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 11:20:32 PM »
Can u please tell us the the fucking title of the song your talking about?

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=177895.0

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 12:46:12 AM »

thats promoting the use

Again, the message goes over your head. Anyway, you can feel free to actually respond to my post instead of quoting my post and then pulling random lines from the song making non points based on false assumptions you got from your own misunderstanding of the context of the song.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 02:30:14 AM »

thats promoting the use

Again, the message goes over your head. Anyway, you can feel free to actually respond to my post instead of quoting my post and then pulling random lines from the song making non points based on false assumptions you got from your own misunderstanding of the context of the song.

Those lines makes up the context of the song!  Especially the last one.

"Everybody wanna be a nigga, but nobody wanna be a nigga."

That's the message you got out of the song?  What demographic of people do you think he's takling about in that line?

Explain to me, quoting lines, that make u think that what's he is trying to explain with his lyrics? 

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 03:43:55 AM »
LOL damn. Start with the hook, buddy.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 05:06:23 PM »
This is one of my most anticipated joints of the year.  I think it's gonna be a great album.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 05:11:50 PM »
^^^yep looking forward to this shit to drop