Author Topic: Nima--I have a Soopafly interview ready to go for you, just contact him and ask!  (Read 1411 times)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
1.  How did you initially get into the rap game?  Were you trying to get in as a rapper or a producer?  Did you have a demo tape or anything like that?

2.  You mentioned in the song "That Way" that you could have signed with Loud Records, but chose Death Row instead.  What kind of offer did Loud Records make to you in the way of albums/marketing ideas, etc?

3.  In your song "I Don't Hang", at the end you mention working with Daz on an EP.  Was this something that was going to be released on Loud records?  Why did this EP never see the light of day?

4.  One of your earliest  productions that I can remember was a song you did for The Twinz entitled "4 Eyez 2 Headz".  How did you hook up with them and Warren G?

5.  In 2000, Death Row advertised your solo album coming soon.  How close was that album to being completed?  Was there album art, tracklisting, etc?

6.  A few years later, Daz ended up releasing your 'unreleased' Death Row album.  How close was that album with the original Death Row album that was originally going to be released?

7.  There are several unreleased songs featuring yourself and Mac Shawn floating around the net.  What's the story with these songs? Was there a collaboration album in the works at one point, or were you just working on his death row solo album?

8.  What kind of cologne do you wear?

9.  How did you end up getting off of Death Row records?  When you filed bankruptcy, did that make your contract null and void?  Do you still get kickbacks from Death Row songs you produced or does Suge get all the publishing money from those songs?

10.  When you first started out, you were known as "Priest Soopafly Brooks".  What made you decide to shorten your name to just "Soopafly".

11.  Which do you prefer more, rapping or producing?

12.  You were one of Death Row's major producers during 2Pac's tenure on the label, yet, you didn't produce/guest on much of his work.  I always thought this was odd, any reason why?

13.  In 2003, you were slated to release an album on Doggystle Records titled "Big Willie Dynamite".  What happened with that album and how close were you to completing it?  Have any of those tracks ended up on other albums?

14.  Have you ever nailed Latoiya Williams?

15.  Back in the day, you were Daz's right hand man, but the last few years, it seems like you have become Snoop's right hand man and there has been some distance between you and Daz.  How did this come about?

16.  You seemed to be backing Latoiya Williams pretty hard a few years ago.  She guested on many of your songs and you were producing an album of hers.  Now lately, we haven't heard much from her.  How close was her album to being completed and are you still actively trying to get her record out, or has she moved on to other things?  Is she still with Doggystyle records?

17.  What type of a workout regimen are you on?  How do you stay in such great shape?

18.  During the beef with kurupt, you and daz announced the formation of a new Dogg Pound with you replacing kurupt.  How did you feel about that at the time?  Did you think your new group was going to be as successful as the original Dogg Pound?  How close was that album to being completed?

19.  Some pretty harsh words were exchanged between you and kurupt during the beef.  Him and Daz made up pretty quickly and began making new music.  How did you two end up reconciling?  Did kurupt have to do or say anything to earn your respect/trust again?

20.  Could you give us one of your more humorous stories about having to put a woman in check?

21.  In your song "99 Problemz" you mention a list of problems you have, including IRS problems, foot problems, tooth problems, etc.  We all know you recently had a root canal, which would explain the tooth problems, but what kind of foot problems have you been having?

22.  Bad Lucc and Demani were together before you came along and made "The Westurn Union".  What made you decide to get with them as opposed to going solo or forming a group with Daz and Kurupt, or some other rappers?

23.  Is this Westurn Union movement something permanant, or are you going back to a solo artist after the album drops?  Are you to be known as a Westurn Union group for the rest of your career, or is it more like a  Westside Connection thing, where you will each have your individual careers and only do the group thing every so often?

24.  Why is the name "Westurn Union" spelled "urn" instead of "ern".  Is that to avoid potential legal issues with the Western Union money wiring company?

25.  You rap with many different styles.  You have gangsta songs, pimpin songs, feel-good summertime songs, and even songs you sing on.  What is your favorite type of song to perform?

26.  Are you dissapointed you haven't been able to crack into the mainstream and become well known like Snoop?  Or are you content to be more of a behind the scenes man?

27.  How do you make money to support yourself on a daily basis?  Do you get weekly paychecks from Doggystyle records even when you aren't making new tracks, or do you just get large lump sums for each song you produce?

28.  What type of clothes do you sport when you just do your daily activities, like grocery shopping.  In contrast, what type of clothes do you wear when you go out pimping?

29.  There are two songs of yours that have eluded collectors for a number of years.  One is called "50 Sac" and was slated to be on the Death Row Inside Out Compilation.  The other song was called "Drug Thing" and was supposed to be on Gangsta's Most Wanted Compilation CD.  Do you remember anything about either of these songs?

30.  I feel you, Too Short and Suga Free are the 3 rappers that come the hardest on these hoes.  Have you ever thought about forming a group with them, maybe called the Pimpin Union?  I know you've worked with Too Short before, but what about Suga Free?

« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 08:13:15 AM by Soopafly DPGC »

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
my word...!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Rud!  E-mail that interview off to Fly man!  Isn't he on a plane to Amsterdam right now?  He's probably bored.  He's got his laptop out surfin the net, now's a good time to send this to him.  Inquiring minds want to know the answers to these questions!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 08:46:20 AM by Soopafly DPGC »

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Are you serious?

"Inquiring minds want to know the answers to these questions!"

Really? Do they? I think it's just you.... Lol  @ you knowing that dude is on a plane right now, that's scary.

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE
this dude is the niggaz version of stan.

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
C'mon Soopafly addressed some of these issues in the last Dubcnn interview...
This dude brings a whole new meaning to Stanerims....
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yeah, i think he did address a few of these questions in the last interview, but not real in depth.  I bet there are alot of closet soopafly fans on this board, and they just keep quiet cause everyone's clownin me for be being a fan so they are afraid to speak out, but it's all good, i'm not mad, i'll take the heat.  Nima, i bet if you did this interview and put it on the front page, you'd get tons of hits for that day.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 08:47:56 AM by Soopafly DPGC »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Rud!  E-mail that interview off to Fly man!  Isn't he on a plan to Amsterdam right now?  He's probably bored.  He's got his laptop out surfin the net, now's a good time to send this to him.  Inquiring minds want to know the answers to these questions!
that's funny, none of the staff members made "submit questions for soopafly topic", so you just thought you could make your own topic?  :-X
if they provide the opportunity to submit question then they'll let everybody on here know....

in the meantime take a look at the sticky topic about interviews  :grumpy:

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
Why do you want him to go in-depth Surely that's his right not to/Do So! As  A fan surely you must respect that!

I'm sure as there are others in Here, who are fans of Soopafly but they excercie discretion, you seem to disregard that-That is the Problem!!
Yeah, i think he did address a few of these questions in the last interview, but not real in depth.  I bet there are alot of closet soopafly fans on this board, and they just keep quiet cause everyone's clownin me for be being a fan, but it's all good, i'm not mad.  Nima, i bet if you did this interview and put it on the front page, you'd get tons of hits for that day.

Rud!  E-mail that interview off to Fly man!  Isn't he on a plan to Amsterdam right now?  He's probably bored.  He's got his laptop out surfin the net, now's a good time to send this to him.  Inquiring minds want to know the answers to these questions!
that's funny, none of the staff members made "submit questions for soopafly topic", so you just thought you could make your own topic?  :-X
if they provide the opportunity to submit question then they'll let everybody on here know....

in the meantime take a look at the sticky topic about interviews  :grumpy:
Well Put!
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE
Yeah, i think he did address a few of these questions in the last interview, but not real in depth.  I bet there are alot of closet soopafly fans on this board, and they just keep quiet cause everyone's clownin me for be being a fan, but it's all good, i'm not mad.  Nima, i bet if you did this interview and put it on the front page, you'd get tons of hits for that day.

ima soopafy fan, but damn, not like that nigga. u on a different level, like on some weird hiding in the bushes going throw his rubbish type shit. i dont givez a fuck about the nigga like that.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm just saying, dubcnn did that interview with Westurn Union last week and didn't even tell anyone they were doing it!  I didn't even have a chance to submit any questions.  The dude that interviewed Fly just tossed him a few softball easy questions. The only new thing I learned about Soopafly was that he had a root canal.   I don't think the dude has followed Fly's career as closely as I have.  So i'm just saying, keep these questions in mind the next time an opportunity comes up to speak with the Man.

Young Old Head

change ya name to Soopafly STAN... do it, c'mon just DO IT!

Cash Money Blood Gang

everlast1986

8.  What kind of cologne do you wear?

LMAO

Rud!  E-mail that interview off to Fly man!  Isn't he on a plane to Amsterdam right now?  He's probably bored.  He's got his laptop out surfin the net, now's a good time to send this to him.  Inquiring minds want to know the answers to these questions!

how the fuck do you know hes on a plane to Amsterdam? that is some scary shit

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE
17.  What type of a workout regimen are you on?  How do you stay in such great shape?

HOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

woof

you forgot a question: Do you shave your balls?