Author Topic: Roscoe - "Young Roscoe Philafornia"  (Read 2937 times)

Sikotic™

Re: Roscoe - "Young Roscoe Philafornia"
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2002, 06:53:01 PM »
Damnit I'm always the last to get shit. I'll go d/l some tracks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re: Roscoe - "Young Roscoe Philafornia"
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2002, 06:56:35 AM »
The new single video will be "get Ready" and the album will be out early next year featuring Dj Quik
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Murrow

Re:Roscoe - "Young Roscoe Philafornia"
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2002, 12:24:27 PM »
It's hard to believe that the owner of a luxurious five-bedroom villa overlooking the San Fernando Valley isn't even of legal drinking age. The only sign that David Williams, aka Roscoe, is a mere 17 years old is that his big brother, legendary West Coast rapper Kurupt, keeps popping his head in to check up on him. But Roscoe needs no chaperone. Baby boy who moved west from Philly when he was 15, and who's about to drop his debut, Young Roscoe - Philaphornia, has been studying the MC trade at his famous brother's side for years. "Scoe is a guaranteed star," says Kurupt. "I'm just here to make sure he does it the right way."

Roscoe has picked up more than just his brother's hard-earned business savvy and appreciation for blunts, he also has a knack for making hits, such as his first single, 2000's "I Love Cali" which was a regional sensation. The young rapper's delivery combines the lyrical tenacity of the East with the low-rider slang of the West, but his subject matter is decidedly less hard core than his sibling's. "I'm a gangsta's protégé, but I'm not a gangsta," says Roscoe, who doesn't curse much and talks more about high school hijinks than gunplay. "I want to take my content much further than that."

Rico Wade of Organized Noize thinks he can. "He's too intelligent to be someone who just smokes weed and writes rhymes," says Wade, who produced the syrupy track "Head ta Toe" for Philaphornia. But that doesn't mean that Roscoe's soft. "He's a beast, he could make Nas and them scared." To Roscoe, success is about more than sales figures. "You best believe that I'm thinking about the future," says the entrepreneurial MC, who named his new label, Rose of Sharon Entertainment, after his mother. "I'm a businessman, and hip hop is all about business." What else would you expect from a teenager whose investing in real estate instead of whips and jewelry?

----------------------------------------------------

Interesting, Roscoe seems to have his head screwed on. The unfortunate part is his brothers affiliation with Tha Row which is likely to mean the production and featurings on his debut LP will not include Doggystyle Records affiliates, hence the album delay. (The album that leaked on the internet featured Doggystyle Records collabos and production, plus Roscoe was repping DPG all over that release...we'll see how it turns out i would imagine in the new year)

Murrow

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2002, 12:04:39 PM »
Young Assassin, Roscoe, was due to drop his debut album "Young Roscoe - Philafornia" before the end of this year however it has been pushed back to a tentative release date of March 25th 2003, we will have more info on that as soon as possible! We reported last month that Roscoe had a new video out "Get Ready" featuring Kokane (which we had for download) and it was originally set to be his debut single. It is now on the "Friday After Next" soundtrack and the video is on TV stations as the 2nd single!
- DubCNN

SikksTrey

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2002, 09:15:55 AM »
This should be a tight album, too bad it got pushed back...
"When I fart you fall apart, a nigga got GAZ!" - Hi-C

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
Re: Roscoe - "Everyday"
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2002, 09:39:52 PM »
Huh, "I Call Shots" was off of "Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha."  Dang, allota old joints will be on his debut such as this one, "I Love Cali," "Training Day" and "It's Jimmy."  Not sure if I'll cop this...yet.

its called I call Shots II

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

Murrow

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2003, 04:16:25 PM »
02/09/03 | Roscoe Pushed Back

Roscoe's debut album "Young Roscoe Philafornia" has been pushed back again. The album is now dropping in June on Roscoe's label that he started with his mother Sharon & brother Kurupt "R.O.S.E" and Priority Records. After that he will drop the Y.A. album "Youth Authority" with his group Tristar, YG, Bizzle, and J. Wells, the producer behind the YA sound. Including its extended members who are from YA but not in the immediate group with there own deals, Eastwood, Lil Zane, Lil RJ and Lil Peanut. The Y.A. album should hit stores in November 2003.

-wc2k

Desoto Loco

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • D.P.G. 4 Life! Y.A. Or Nuthin'!
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2003, 09:54:36 AM »
Now its gettin real serious wit da Roscoe album. It will come out for sure worldwide on June 10, 2003. I dont know whats up wit da US Release, but the german version of the album will be enhanced and features the two Videos Head To Toe and Get Ready. Here you can check out the Roscoe Page at the german Capitol-Music Website: "Roscoe".
This seems to be the Album Cover:

1. 5 Seconds
2. Head To Toe
3. Time Again
4. Get Ready
5. Smooth Sailin'
6. Trouble
7. Shakedown
8. Get Flipped
9. Last Night
10. Young Roscoe
11. What I Look Like
12. Get Low
13. I Call Shots
*. Head To Toe  (Enhanced Video)  
*. Get Ready  (Enhanced Video)

I still hope its not the final tracklist, cause my favourite Track Everyday is missing.

German peeps can pre-order the album at amazon.de for just 14.99 EUR here:

Roscoe - Young Roscoe Philaphornia
« Last Edit: May 19, 2003, 09:57:53 AM by Young D-Gizzle »

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2003, 03:21:31 PM »
well if its anything like smooth sailin is then this could be an incredible album...better be coming out on the tenth here in states  8)

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2003, 01:46:31 AM »
Yeah its dropping next week on June 10th...I really like the song Head to toe...I just hope the whole album turns out to be good... ;)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2003, 10:17:48 AM »
i downloaded it , good shit

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2003, 09:38:44 AM »
ALBUM IS OUT NOW!!!! GOT IT YESTERDAY, THIS SHIT IS HEEEEEEATED  8)
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2003, 09:41:35 AM »
ALBUM IS OUT NOW!!!! GOT IT YESTERDAY, THIS SHIT IS HEEEEEEATED  8)

Its out now?  WTF??? I thought it came out June 10th...

Blood Rain

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • flesh of my flesh, my blood is life
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2003, 04:34:50 PM »
i want that album i might get it

Killa-G

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • GATE 13 Style
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2003, 09:58:03 AM »
Don`t sleep on this is tight as fuck. 8)

1. 5 Seconds
2. Head To Toe - (featuring Sleepy Brown)
3. It's That Time Again - (featuring La Toiya Williams)
4. Get Ready - (featuring Mr. Kane)
5. Smooth Sailin'
6. Trouble
7. Shakedown  
8. Get Flipped  
9. Last Night
10. Young Roscoe
11. What I Look Like
12. Get Low - (featuring YA)
13. I Call Shots Part2 (featuring Kurupt)

Buy it  www.cduniverse.com

G-A-T-E 13