Author Topic: Weekly WCC Muslim Brotherhood Newsletter  (Read 1216 times)

The Big Bad Ass

Re: Weekly WCC Muslim Brotherhood Newsletter
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2002, 10:03:44 AM »
^^ Christianity sums up how the world "should" be in one simple phrase. What Would Jesus Do? And according to my faith, jesus was without sin.  So we should strive to be like him. And my question is, how is it unrealistic to TRY and be like him? God is realistic enough to know that we cannot, and will not be perfect. That is why Jesus died for us, so that we can be forgiven for the sins we make. The bible isn't one big book of should and shouldn'ts. It is a source of wisdom, guidance, and healing. I'm not going to try and convince you Infinite, or anyone of the Muslim faith that one way or the other is wrong. I just get upset with assumptions, that Christianity is unrealistic. I might feel the same way about Islamic beliefs, but I won't display that for the simple fact that I don't know all that it has to offer, and I have NOT read the Qu'ran, so I don't feel justified in criticizing it's beliefs. I HAVE read the entire bible, so I can, and will discuss with anyone who wants to on Christianity. Peace though, not tryin to start anything.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2002, 10:07:35 AM »
I should also add, that I'm sorry for cluttering a Muslim Brotherhood Newsletter with views on Christianity. The only reason I entered the thread in the first place is because I am curious as to Muslim beliefs. I will forever believe that Jesus is the son of god, but I am interested in seeing what other religions believe, and say. So once again, sorry for bringing a non muslim response to the board. Hope no one objects to a Christian reading your info.

Sikotic™

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2002, 10:46:31 AM »
^^ Christianity sums up how the world "should" be in one simple phrase. What Would Jesus Do? And according to my faith, jesus was without sin.  So we should strive to be like him. And my question is, how is it unrealistic to TRY and be like him? God is realistic enough to know that we cannot, and will not be perfect. That is why Jesus died for us, so that we can be forgiven for the sins we make. The bible isn't one big book of should and shouldn'ts. It is a source of wisdom, guidance, and healing. I'm not going to try and convince you Infinite, or anyone of the Muslim faith that one way or the other is wrong. I just get upset with assumptions, that Christianity is unrealistic. I might feel the same way about Islamic beliefs, but I won't display that for the simple fact that I don't know all that it has to offer, and I have NOT read the Qu'ran, so I don't feel justified in criticizing it's beliefs. I HAVE read the entire bible, so I can, and will discuss with anyone who wants to on Christianity. Peace though, not tryin to start anything.

Exactly. if everyone strived to be like Jesus then I believe there would be way less troubles in the world today.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

infinite59

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2002, 12:57:05 PM »

Exactly. if everyone strived to be like Jesus then I believe there would be way less troubles in the world today.

That's why Jesus is a prophet on the same level as Muhammad in Islam.... But Christians saying that God doesn't seek vengence against wrong doers is a lie, you'll find that if you've read any of the Old Testement... God burns people at the stake, and other tortorous methods for wrong doing.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2002, 02:02:05 PM »
Yeah Infinite, OLD TESTIMENT! If you read the bible, the entire bible, you will find out why Jesus is so important to Christianity. That is when God stopped with the vengence. He put himself on the earth in human form basically, and saw our pain, lived in our flesh, and gave himself for our sins, meaning that we can be forgiven. Since Jesus, God has never acted against man. It is that simple.

infinite59

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2002, 02:05:23 PM »
Yeah Infinite, OLD TESTIMENT! If you read the bible, the entire bible, you will find out why Jesus is so important to Christianity. That is when God stopped with the vengence. He put himself on the earth in human form basically, and saw our pain, lived in our flesh, and gave himself for our sins, meaning that we can be forgiven. Since Jesus, God has never acted against man. It is that simple.

First off, good discussion, I don't mind any Christians entering the weekly newsletter and offering their thoughts and concerns, as long as we keep it respectable, like we have been.

You brought up two things.  One.  Are you saying God was wrong in the Old Testament?  And two.  Myself and many Muslims veiw, nature, death, natural disasters, etc., as  the wrath of God, or God showing that he is far-reaching and limitless, his awesome and ultimate power.

Sikotic™

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2002, 02:09:57 PM »

That's why Jesus is a prophet on the same level as Muhammad in Islam.... But Christians saying that God doesn't seek vengence against wrong doers is a lie, you'll find that if you've read any of the Old Testement... God burns people at the stake, and other tortorous methods for wrong doing.

There are no Christians in there right mind that would say God doesn't punish people when they do wrong. Where are you getting your info from?

THA SAUCE HOUSE

infinite59

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2002, 02:22:18 PM »

Killings a form of legitimate resistance?

Right there homie, ^^ You questioned Islamic theology, and gave me the impression, that you have the misconception, that God was never vengeful, and never violent... but apparently, you don't have that mindset.  So are we on the same page?

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2002, 02:25:51 PM »
You know what Infinite, I had a huge paragraph written out trying to explain my views on why things happen, and whether or not god was wrong in being a vengeful god before Jesus, but I know our (you and I) type. No amount of typing will convince the other what is what. I'll say this. The God that I know, and have prayed to since I was 3 years old, is a kind, and loving god. I don't fear him like Baptists, or other denominations preach, but I respect his power, and know that if he wanted me off this earth this second, it would happen... so in that sense, I do fear him, however, I don't view god that way. I veiw him as my friend, father, leader, and ticket into heaven. God is my best friend. I know that no matter when or where I end up, he is with me the whole time. No one can shake that, and it takes a load off my shoulders everytime I get down on something to think that he is there with me. I know that when I pray for forgiveness EVERY night, he does just that. Out of respect for him, I pray constantly, tell him the things he has done that helped me, thank him for those things, and even question why things happen. Although he has never verbally spoken to me, I see his answers every day. If I look, I can see god in everything.

Now, does that mean that I'm right about everything I just wrote?? Who knows. Maybe god does send natural disasters to wipe out villages, or bombs WTC's to prove a point to capitalistic societys... I won't know till I'm in heaven. I will just say that the god that I know, and pray to does not want to see men die. He wants them to follow in his path, and have good lives. Once again, I'm not saying that this is exactly how god is, or feels, I have nothing to go on besides my own walk.. so take that for what it is worth. I respect your faith, and your knowledge on several issues, and this is not meant to be a bring down for you Infinite. I just feel that maybe you are too quick to blame mans', and natures' violence on God.

As to Sikotic, I wasn't saying that people who do wrong don't go punished, eventually, we all get judged on our own faults/sins, whatever, just saying that God does not mass punish anymore since the Old Testiment (floods, firestorms, ect..)

Peace everyone. Sorry if I pissed anyone off.

Doggystylin

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2002, 02:30:02 PM »
You know what Infinite, I had a huge paragraph written out trying to explain my views on why things happen, and whether or not god was wrong in being a vengeful god before Jesus, but I know our (you and I) type. No amount of typing will convince the other what is what. I'll say this. The God that I know, and have prayed to since I was 3 years old, is a kind, and loving god. I don't fear him like Baptists, or other denominations preach, but I respect his power, and know that if he wanted me off this earth this second, it would happen... so in that sense, I do fear him, however, I don't view god that way. I veiw him as my friend, father, leader, and ticket into heaven. God is my best friend. I know that no matter when or where I end up, he is with me the whole time. No one can shake that, and it takes a load off my shoulders everytime I get down on something to think that he is there with me. I know that when I pray for forgiveness EVERY night, he does just that. Out of respect for him, I pray constantly, tell him the things he has done that helped me, thank him for those things, and even question why things happen. Although he has never verbally spoken to me, I see his answers every day. If I look, I can see god in everything.

Now, does that mean that I'm right about everything I just wrote?? Who knows. Maybe god does send natural disasters to wipe out villages, or bombs WTC's to prove a point to capitalistic societys... I won't know till I'm in heaven. I will just say that the god that I know, and pray to does not want to see men die. He wants them to follow in his path, and have good lives. Once again, I'm not saying that this is exactly how god is, or feels, I have nothing to go on besides my own walk.. so take that for what it is worth. I respect your faith, and your knowledge on several issues, and this is not meant to be a bring down for you Infinite. I just feel that maybe you are too quick to blame mans', and natures' violence on God.

As to Sikotic, I wasn't saying that people who do wrong don't go punished, eventually, we all get judged on our own faults/sins, whatever, just saying that God does not mass punish anymore since the Old Testiment (floods, firestorms, ect..)

damn dogg, i feel you there, i see what your sayin and agree 100%, ima muslim and i believe the same things your sayin, peace,

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2002, 02:34:09 PM »
^^ See, part of the reason I've been intrigued by the muslim conversations on this board is due to the similarities between my views, and some of you cats. It is interesting. Glad that even though we worship differently, we can see important things eye to eye. Peace.

infinite59

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2002, 02:39:28 PM »

First off, I have nothing but respect for you, your thoughts, and opinions.  But let me explain to you the other side of what you just said.

Alot of folks today, are living with a God complex.  Whether, that be parents, your boss, governments, kings, or just your next door nieghbor.  They are giulty of self-love, and they think that man is all-powerful, and that man dominates the world, and nature, they are arrogant, bourgeiouse, and conceded.  They need to be humbled, so they can learn appreciation and respect for ones self and one's nature.  And it is only when they reach the understanding that generations of people have been wiped out before us.  And once again, we too, will be wiped out.  Man has no real power.  All the power, and all the glory, is with God.  And man should never fear man, man should only fear God.  If a cop pulls you over, if you lie to him, you fear him more than you fear God.  And I am often giulty of that as well.  But a prophet, or spiritually excellent man, would never lie, for he believes strongly that God is the hearer and knower of all of our actions, and we shall fear him, and not the cop.  If you fear man, then you are more likely to lie and be decietful.  So to fear God, is to be humble and righteous, and fair in your dealings.  This is the straight path.

Sikotic™

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2002, 02:48:20 PM »

Right there homie, ^^ You questioned Islamic theology, and gave me the impression, that you have the misconception, that God was never vengeful, and never violent... but apparently, you don't have that mindset.  So are we on the same page?

I was questioning Techniec when he said Palestinians killing Jewish soldiers is a form of legitimite resistance. I wasn't talking about God.

It was just a misunderstanding so it's cool.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2002, 02:49:08 PM »
So if what you are saying is the true path in the islamic faith, then there is the biggest difference between Christians, and Muslims.

Jesus taught us to Love god. He also taugh god to love us, no matter what. We should always be mindful of what god could do if he wanted, but it isn't like that anymore, and won't be until satan (antichrist) walks amoung us again.

I hope you didn't twist me saying God is my friend as me saying I didn't fear. I meant what I said by knowing that only God can control my eternity, not a cop, not nature, not any human act of violence ect..

Once again, I'm not trying to turn you to christianity, just giving you my personal observations.

And you are right. Too many christians have a god complex. I wish everyone would worry about their own path, and not concern theirselves with telling others how to live their life, and focusing on the examples that you yourself stated with the police officer, neighbor, parents, ect..  It makes me sad. And christians that stray too far away from the true meaning, give the religion a bad name.

Sikotic™

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2002, 02:49:44 PM »

You didn't piss me off because I was agreeing with pretty much everything you were speaking on.

THA SAUCE HOUSE