Author Topic: Unk Interview  (Read 64 times)

Lunatic

Unk Interview
« on: November 15, 2008, 09:36:45 AM »
not my work..his album in stores now..got some club bangers; fun shit to ride around 2..

Illuminati 2G chopped it up with Unk for a interview. We discuss his new album, his thoughts on ringtone singles, and much more so check it out. For audio of the interview, click here.

Illuminati 2G is here with Unk how's it going?

How you doing?

Good, good. First right off the bat, how do you feel about the success of your 1st album, Beatin Down Yo Block and some fond memories you have of that album?

Ahh man that 1st album is a blessing man. I never thought about the outcome of that whole album. That album was a well put together album, Top Quad Productions and DJ Montay, Big Oomp Records and Koch Records, it was a great movement on that album. I had 2 real big songs, Walk It Out, which was the number 1 dance craze in the country. It went to selling over 3 million ringtones and 2 Step was another great song that killed the charts. Selling over 2.5 million digital ringtones and it is just a blessing man, to be here again. I got my new album, 2nd Season, it is a 2nd part for me. It is in stores November 4th (out now) so it's going down again. First single is Show Out, I mean we can go on for days boi.

That leads right into my next question. With the huge hit Walk It Out along with the other singles that you had, it help usher in what alot of people like to call ringtone rap. There were alot of singles that were heavy with the ringtones. Do you feel that it has been a blessing, or a gift and a curse for you, and why would you say that.

I mean it has been a blessing for me man because the whole rap game has changed. At first it wasn't no ringtones. Back in the day there were no ringtones, it was about sales. It is still about sales, but it ain't too many people that is selling records these days so I'm glad it's other markets and other ways that you can make money in this industry, along with downloads and ringtones and endorsments and shows. It is a blessing for me man.

You had mentioned earlier your new album, 2nd Season, that is your 2nd album and it drops on November 4th (out now). How would you say this album is different from your first album?

It's a whole other growth man. It's like school to me. The 1st album that was my freshman album. That album came from a guy that you never heard of before in the world. I brought that to the world. My 2nd album is my sophomore album, which is the follow up to Beatin Down Ya Block, because it is part 2 for me. I am still Beatin Down Ya Block and I am going to bring you another great album, with alot of banger for the clubs, the streets and the world.

What are some details that you can give about the album. Guests, producers, any details that you can give about it.

I got Top Quad Two Productions, I call him the white guy, DJ Montay. I joke with him about that but that's my homeboy though. I got him on the beats, he produced the 1st album and we back again with his big ass ears with the 2nd Season. I got 3-6 Mafia on the album, I got Project Pat, and I am actually on 3-6 Mafia album on a song called I Rather. So big shouts out to 3-6. I got Sean Kingston on the album, Ray-J, Ying Yang Twins, a new R&B group called Blazed, man they got a voice out of this world. They can sing whatever. Yall check out the song it is called Round & Round on the album. It's a great album from beginning to end. Once you put the cd in, it's a go man, you just going to let it ride out.

Tell me a little bit about how the single, Show Out came about for you.

I came up with that song it was like 7 o'clock in the morning. I was thinking of a way that I could dedicate something to my fans. I had alot of people Walkin It Out and 2 Stepping all over the world, from here to Japan. They walking out over in Japan in kung fu suits. And I ain't never seen anything like that. Where they do that at? I dedicated Show Out to the fans, letting them know that we are going to show out this time. It's the first single we pushing, which was the number 1 added song on 50 radio stations on urban charts. So that is another good thing. We just shot the video, which is a new entry on 106 N Park. I think, I got to get my sources all the way right. It's doing what it is doing, it's raising up and I got another song called In Yo Face, which landed on the new 2K Sports 2009 basketball game, and it is the main song on the game. That is a blessing to be on a video game. Man we just working man, it's hard work. Big up Big Oomp Records, Koch Records, we working.

Congrats on that for 2K9. What are your thoughts right now on the state of music in the south? It has been a big resurgence in the past 4 or 5 years. What is your thoughts on the success that is coming out of the south right now?

I am loving it man. I am just loving how it is alot of talent down here. Not only in Georgia but the whole South. I'm just glad that there is another...it's other ways that people can be successful. Not only just rapping but writing and producing also. I am loving that end of it also. We been running with the ball for a minute. We ain't trying to fumble so we doing big things right now man. It's going to be more talent to come.

Do you have any upcoming tour dates or shows that's coming up for you that you want to let the people know about?

I got this 2K9 tour that I am doing. Promoting the album, we gonna get a tour bus and hit up alot of cities. We are going to do a 2 week tour, we are going to start in Miami and work our way around and hit up alot of EA game stores and Game Stop stores and do a couple concerts. I got to do a whole promo run for the new album, 2nd Season, which is in stores November 4th (out now). Besides that man I have been around the world. Just hit Germany for the 6th time. We hit up like 15 cities in Germany. We hit Japan, Greece, Italy. I mean it is on and popping man, 2nd Season, November 4th. Election Day! Obama & Unk! (laughs)

Well that is all the questions that I have for you. Appreciate you getting down for the interview. Do you have any last words or shoutouts you want to get out there to the people?

Yeah man vote ya boy Unk, 106 N Park, BET.com. Vote ya boy Unk, Show Out, Showtime Ent coming soon. Be on the lookout it's going digital and tell a friend to tell a friend!!! They can get on this DICK!!!!

(laughs) Alright appreciate the interview man

Appreciate it.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com