Author Topic: For all Death Row fans  (Read 9375 times)

D-e-f-

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: For all Death Row fans
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2008, 03:12:23 AM »
like 8 years ago scott told me that he will put some music 4 sale on the net SOON.  ;D

whattup sues :D RD in da house^^

I like where this thread is going ...hopefully it will come true ;)

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2008, 03:16:53 AM »
sup def

well scott played me lots of hot dr music yeeeaaaars back on the phone and sent me awesome snips.
maybe we´ll get shit this millenium hehe  8)

Crooked I

« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2008, 06:30:38 AM »
yo if u smart niqqa than sell that shit,suge may get u and want a blow job from u but even if every fan pays u a dollar only u can make money,i mean i would pay some dollars for crookeds album and danny boy

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2008, 06:46:47 AM »
Dre usually does 60 tracks per album. Dre really did have a nice work ethic.

i wonder where you got those numbers from; they're definitely not correct ( go check one of Chad's topics with the magazine scans if you want proof).

and even if it's true that the original Chronic 2 consists of 20 tracks, then i'm quite sure the majority of them are not in the death row vaults, as dre worked at home at the time he was working on that project.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2008, 06:57:41 AM »
good lookin out
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2008, 07:03:11 AM »
Well, I think if you all are going to do this, you should do it soon.  Think about it, alot of us were heavy into death row in 95-98...well, it's 2008 now, we're all 10 years older now...grown up, got jobs, kids, etc.  I think the more time that passes, the less people are going to care about these releases like Sam Sneed, Jewell, etc.  Back in 98/99, Nino could have sold a Sam Sneed CD for big money to ALOT of people, nowadays, not so much.  Death Row has probably lost 90% of their fans since 1998.  I was huge into death row back in the day, now i'm kind of indifferent about it....sure, i'd like to hear some tracks, but i'm not going to pay a fortune to do so, i've already come to terms that i will most likely never hear a bunch of death row material, and I think alot of people are that way as well.  Of course there will always be a market for unreleased Dre/2pac/Crooked I, but as for the rest of the Death Row camp, I think the door is closing for that end of the market.  This should have been done back in 2001 really.  I think Nino realized that the longer he holds on to these songs, the less valuable they become.  Even 2pac will probably evenutally have a box set of OG songs officially released someday, thus rendering all of the 2pac collectors' unreleased songs stash worthless.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 07:08:59 AM by Soopafly DPGC »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2008, 07:33:16 AM »
Well, I think if you all are going to do this, you should do it soon.  Think about it, alot of us were heavy into death row in 95-98...well, it's 2008 now, we're all 10 years older now...grown up, got jobs, kids, etc.  I think the more time that passes, the less people are going to care about these releases like Sam Sneed, Jewell, etc.  Back in 98/99, Nino could have sold a Sam Sneed CD for big money to ALOT of people, nowadays, not so much.  Death Row has probably lost 90% of their fans since 1998.  I was huge into death row back in the day, now i'm kind of indifferent about it....sure, i'd like to hear some tracks, but i'm not going to pay a fortune to do so, i've already come to terms that i will most likely never hear a bunch of death row material, and I think alot of people are that way as well.  Of course there will always be a market for unreleased Dre/2pac/Crooked I, but as for the rest of the Death Row camp, I think the door is closing for that end of the market.  This should have been done back in 2001 really.  I think Nino realized that the longer he holds on to these songs, the less valuable they become.  Even 2pac will probably evenutally have a box set of OG songs officially released someday, thus rendering all of the 2pac collectors' unreleased songs stash worthless.

well put

attention spans only last a minute
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Efrain

« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2008, 08:43:43 AM »
^ Exactly, its just been too long. 2001 was probably the last year any of this stuff could have been sold for any real money. Since then everything has decreased in perceived & real value exponentially every year and continues to do so. I know I would have paid money to hear stuff  nine or ten years ago but if you told me today I could have some unreleased songs in perfect quality for a few hundred dollars I would pass, even though I earn 20x what I did then. The music is too dated. The Chronic came out in 1992... SIXTEEN YEARS AGO.. that's older than a lot of the people on this board.

If I had Ho Hopper in perfect CD quality I would probably listen to it twice then there would be nothing else to do with it. I don't even listen to the Chronic anymore what am I going to do with one unreleased song from it. It's a real tragedy is the music didn't come out when people really wanted to hear it. A hard lesson for people who spent a lot of time and money on this stuff I guess.
Glad I didn't   ;D 

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2008, 11:59:51 AM »
Props Kilo! I'm really interested in the Danny Boy Album.. YOu know it ;D

Hopefully you can give us a fair price for the material.

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.

Crooked I

« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2008, 12:21:51 PM »
who the fck is nino ???

and i want the crooked album,also danny boy and all shit u have money is no problem

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2008, 01:09:56 PM »
lets see if this happens.

I could be wrong but I seem to remember these cats getting the forum all riled up several times talking about all this music they have and what they will do with it...then a hater comes along and gets them all pissed off and they withdraw the "offer"...sometimes I wonder if cats just do this to put it out there that they have the music.

homeboy was right though....with everyday that passes this shit is loosing value.

if they woyuld have put some of this shit out sooner they would be getting paid right now...they hoarded the music now its boarder line worthless...the only cats that are gonna put out big papaer for this shit is euro wigs.

The Real Kilo2

« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2008, 01:30:39 PM »
Dre usually does 60 tracks per album. Dre really did have a nice work ethic.

i wonder where you got those numbers from; they're definitely not correct ( go check one of Chad's topics with the magazine scans if you want proof).

and even if it's true that the original Chronic 2 consists of 20 tracks, then i'm quite sure the majority of them are not in the death row vaults, as dre worked at home at the time he was working on that project.

1995 on Dre didn't work around Death Row, he got smart and worked at home so Suge couldn't get his shit. There was 20 tracks made for Chronic 2 that includes various beats and so on. Dre does a lot of work.

The Real Kilo2

« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2008, 01:31:55 PM »
like 8 years ago scott told me that he will put some music 4 sale on the net SOON.  ;D

But hasn't Scott been known to slag you off since you and JT hung around him and basically leeched off him? Lol. That's what I've heard through the grape vine.

The Real Kilo2

« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2008, 01:32:48 PM »
KILO LEMME ASK YOU THIS, ARE YOU STILL AGAINST BOOTLEGGIN? I MEAN YOU HATE ME FOR SELLIN ONE CD A LONG TIME AGO AND WHAT DO I SEE NOW LOL....

It ain't me bootlegging, it's Nino. Lol. I am just promoting here.

The Real Kilo2

« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2008, 01:35:52 PM »
This is all very nice and shit but why put this on Youtube when everybody already knows that this Nino character (and others) has all this unreleased stuff?

If you want this to be heard then just leak the damn material FOR THE LOVE OF THE MUSIC AND THE FANS, if for any reason you do not want this then that's fine but keep it to yourself no need to flaunt it cause we already know there are people who are in possession of stuff like this.

I've heard this argument 1,000 times over. People give you a simple props and that's it. They don't appreciate the music like it should be, plus some of the stuff gets people in trouble when it leaks. So, we'd rather bring it to you for the expense of our necks than anything, but at a price. Either you can buy it, or you can just not buy it. It's the same thing as buying a regular CD. People treat bootlegs as if they're something different, but they are like a regular CD only with one person most of the time making the profit.