Author Topic: Did Daz really try to kill himself when he was left off Chronic 2001?  (Read 2593 times)

The Real Kilo2

Re: Did Daz really try to kill himself when he was left off Chronic 2001?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 07:29:58 PM »
Why was Daz left off of Chronic 2001?

because he said he produced tracks dre had credit for (gin and juice)

and he called dre a fag

when 2001 was in production daz was still on deathrow also.

I thought some no name fuck did Gin and Juice, but he just did like the fucking drums according to DPG Eulogy. Dre paid him like 3 G's or something like that. I feel sorry for Daz, since he basically got his own ass kicked off 2001, due to he only really did three tracks for the shit. Dre's real ghost producers consist of The Glove, Mel-Man, Colin Wolfe, and Greg Royal. Not sure who does his shit now a days. It is pretty fucked up how Dre got back at Daz though. Suge was probably putting Daz upto that fuck Dre shit, and Daz probably felt betrayed since Dre was one of the O.G. stars to jump ship at Death Row.

acgrundy

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 07:36:05 PM »

and he called dre a fag

I thought some no name fuck did Gin and Juice, but he just did like the fucking drums according to DPG Eulogy. Dre paid him like 3 G's or something like that. I feel sorry for Daz, since he basically got his own ass kicked off 2001, due to he only really did three tracks for the shit. Dre's real ghost producers consist of The Glove, Mel-Man, Colin Wolfe, and Greg Royal. Not sure who does his shit now a days. It is pretty fucked up how Dre got back at Daz though. Suge was probably putting Daz upto that fuck Dre shit, and Daz probably felt betrayed since Dre was one of the O.G. stars to jump ship at Death Row.

gin and juice is basically a stolen beat...several beats from doggystyle are pretty much just stolen from oldschool funk w/ minor changes

The Real Kilo2

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2008, 07:39:27 PM »

and he called dre a fag

gin and juice is basically a stolen beat...several beats from doggystyle are pretty much just stolen from oldschool funk w/ minor changes

Otherwise known as sampling for the most part, but you are right very few changes. Dre did an over-all good job with the album though, even though I kind of dislike Doggy style compared to other Death Row albums. I think the biggest example of a stolen beat on there was G'z and Hustla'z which 2Pac also used for his songs Lie 2 Kick it and Animosity which all three sample Hemoglobin or some shit like that. I can't be fucked with sample names, especially that one.

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2008, 08:14:41 PM »

and he called dre a fag

Otherwise known as sampling for the most part, but you are right very few changes. Dre did an over-all good job with the album though, even though I kind of dislike Doggy style compared to other Death Row albums. I think the biggest example of a stolen beat on there was G'z and Hustla'z which 2Pac also used for his songs Lie 2 Kick it and Animosity which all three sample Hemoglobin or some shit like that. I can't be fucked with sample names, especially that one.

props on the info Kilo

didnt know Dre had ghost producers like that

do you know who produced for Daz on Retaliation, Revenge And Get Back?

The Real Kilo2

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2008, 08:22:39 PM »

and he called dre a fag

props on the info Kilo

I think Daz and Soopa did that together. Soopa was Daz's only ghost producer besides Dean and one more others.

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2008, 08:36:24 PM »

and he called dre a fag

props on the info Kilo

I think Daz and Soopa did that together. Soopa was Daz's only ghost producer besides Dean and one more others.

thanks for the info

those beats were bangin on that album

one of my favorite Death Row releases

MRKLEAN

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2008, 09:47:44 PM »
DAZ NEED TO GO DO SOMETHING WITH HIMSELF NOW!!!! HE SHOULD FEEL MORE FUKED UP ON HOW HE FELL OFF MUSICALLY, N DISAPOINTED ALL US HARDCORE FANS.. I AINT HEARD 1 GOOD ALBUM HE PUT OUT SINCE RRG. N HES PUT OUT A SHIT LOAD OF ALBUMS SINCE THEN, INCLUDING THAT GARBAGE ASS 1 WHERE HE TRIED DOIN SOME CRUNK TYPE WESTCOAST SHIT!!!  DAZ HAD SKILLZ BACK IN THE DAY, DONT KNOW WUT HAPPENED?

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2008, 11:26:02 PM »
hah crazy, the whole posse there except him. hopefully we'll see that dpg dre magic on detox

Okka

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2008, 12:53:16 AM »
I heard that he tried to commit suicide, but i don't know was this the reason though.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2008, 12:56:16 AM »

and he called dre a fag

props on the info Kilo

Dre didn't have any ghost producers, everybody that was involved in the production process of the Chronic and Doggystyle is credited, just check the booklets.

and as far as Daz is concerned; i don't know exactly why Daz wasn't on there, but the shit talking definitely didn't help.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 01:13:50 AM by Dre-Day - Officer of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

lost_assassin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2008, 01:58:24 AM »
i guess he better be on detox other wise he gon kill him self then..but seriously he is a MUST BE on it IMO
Cowards Only Wanna Act Hard When Its Convenient-Planet Asia(9mm)

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2008, 05:57:24 AM »

and he called dre a fag

Damn hiphop fans against sampling now? I never thought I'd see the day... hiphop was built on sampling stuff and looping shit up and making it bump - most all of hiphops classics sample stuff and the whole golden age used sampling for its sound. I thought it was only rock dudes who still didnt see sampling as an artform

PsychoHustla

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2008, 06:06:45 AM »
lol at cats being surprised that Dre has ghostproducers. dude has been stealing credit for a minute now paying muthafuckas for beats. Daz aint no better I dont think he ever produced a track by himself. and sampling is a part of rap since it began the best albums of alltime are full of samples

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2008, 06:14:50 AM »
do you own The Chronic? do you know what the role of a producer is?

PsychoHustla

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2008, 06:29:45 AM »
Doggystle got no credits in the original booklet ever wonder why?