Author Topic: Did Daz really try to kill himself when he was left off Chronic 2001?  (Read 2587 times)

Lanothegreat

• 'G'
well..money can change peoples opinions quick..from good to back and vice versa..same with fame and credits...so he felt mistreated
3500 Plays In 1 day...170 dl's
Mannish Da Jula- Intergalactic Feat.Lano

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8597771

Inglewood C.A. & Anchorage A.K.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
I believe daz took credit for alot of shit he didnt deserve...skandalous sounds like a straight up quik beat and I think quik is even listed as an engineer on that track. Soopafly said he ghost produced a gang of shit daz took credit for and daz just threw him some cash on the low.

I read that on this forum so take it with a grain of salt but I remember hearing that dre produced respect on dogg food but who really know? I bet if you ask daz he gonna say he produced every song ever made EVER.

Okka

I read that on this forum so take it with a grain of salt but I remember hearing that dre produced respect on dogg food but who really know?

If i remember right Snoop said that Dre produced "What Would You Do" and the whole "Dogg Food" with Daz & Soopafly.

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
People say that Dre steals credits but for me it sound the opposite...after all, he sounds like a mentor for many people.

KING HOLLYWOOOD

• Lil Geezy
I believe daz took credit for alot of shit he didnt deserve...skandalous sounds like a straight up quik beat and I think quik is even listed as an engineer on that track. Soopafly said he ghost produced a gang of shit daz took credit for and daz just threw him some cash on the low.

I read that on this forum so take it with a grain of salt but I remember hearing that dre produced respect on dogg food but who really know? I bet if you ask daz he gonna say he produced every song ever made EVER.
IS THAT U KING P???

Invincible

Lets be honest, if he really did try to kill himself, its a bit of a rubbish reason to do so. It was his fault he was not on the album, and he should of done his own project to try and better him. No point in crying over spilt milk.

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

the problem with this whole thing is, that some ppl understand when they have an IDEA for a beat, like a baseline or lil melody they MADE the beat... which is bullshit...
but thats PROBABLY the reason why daz is said to produce skandalous - he NEVER produced that track by himself, i think david blake is credited for mixing
but when you know quik, you already know its at least 90% of dj quiks input on there.. so to me quik should have been credited for producing that motherfucka - and daz co produce MAYBE...

but dre was different in those days, i know quiks a very humble guy, and thats why shit like this happend
dre as DR co owner just said "i produced that beat" - and daz didnt understand this, because he had the idea for a baseline maybe... but thats definately not producing...

Quadruple OG

The timing of it is off. Daz DID NOT attempt suicide when 2001 came out. Dre's album came out in '99, and as someone mentioned, Daz was still fuckin' with Death Row when the album was being created.

Daz supposedly popped a whole bunch of pills in 2002-2003. That's when that Jayo song and interview came out, and Crooked I referenced it in "Still Tha Row" (check the first line of the second verse talking bout rappers poppin' 70 pills, that's talking about Daz). Daz supposedly tried offing himself because Suge was messing with his chick at the time.

Quik mixed a good portion of the album and may have produced more than one track on AEOM, but "Skandelouz" is definately a Daz beat (with Soopafly on the keys). It's similar to the style of production Daz was doing in '96. If you look at the style of production Quik was doing during the mid 90's, "Only God can Judge Me", "Thug Passion", "Rather Be Ya Nigga", and "Check out time" sound like beats Quik could have produced.

HEC

The timing of it is off. Daz DID NOT attempt suicide when 2001 came out. Dre's album came out in '99, and as someone mentioned, Daz was still fuckin' with Death Row when the album was being created.

Daz supposedly popped a whole bunch of pills in 2002-2003. That's when that Jayo song and interview came out, and Crooked I referenced it in "Still Tha Row" (check the first line of the second verse talking bout rappers poppin' 70 pills, that's talking about Daz). Daz supposedly tried offing himself because Suge was messing with his chick at the time.

Quik mixed a good portion of the album and may have produced more than one track on AEOM, but "Skandelouz" is definately a Daz beat (with Soopafly on the keys). It's similar to the style of production Daz was doing in '96. If you look at the style of production Quik was doing during the mid 90's, "Only God can Judge Me", "Thug Passion", "Rather Be Ya Nigga", and "Check out time" sound like beats Quik could have produced.

props, I'm tired of people trying to take credit away from Daz, those AEOM beats were probably all him and Soopafly, I doubt Quik had anything to do with those particular ones although he did a great job of mixing pretty much the whole record

Lanothegreat

• 'G'
the whole situation is....most new artist when they're in the right place..they'll do damn  near anything...they probably handled most of the track..drum sequencing,bass,etc...and got paid as work for hire..but as soon as they get a name in the game...they claim to have produced the track..which would be technically true...if they didnt recieve money as work for hire personnel...lol...u gotta know the game...u can do 99% of a track and i do 1%..but if im paying you 5g's a track as a work for hire gig..then thats all said and done....no image that scenario and im someone like dr.dre and your hungry to get out there...your not gonna miss the oppertunity to work with me..you'll take the lil money and some credits....
3500 Plays In 1 day...170 dl's
Mannish Da Jula- Intergalactic Feat.Lano

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8597771

Inglewood C.A. & Anchorage A.K.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Did Daz really try to kill himself when he was left off Chronic 2001?
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2009, 06:46:28 AM »
bump

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2009, 07:35:38 AM »
hey dickhead why are you bumping post like this?
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Okka

« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2009, 08:02:23 AM »
dre has never used a ghost producer

Oh really? Yeah, he never used a ghost producer since "producing" doesn't necessarily mean you made the beat.

Blasphemy

« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2009, 01:04:43 PM »

2 show the OP been on the same beef since 08 I'm guessing. Honestly guy needs to get over it. Sounds like he just hatez daz and every year he will keep bring up the same problems he Used to have.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2009, 02:58:06 AM »
first of all, why are you calling me a dickhead?  :eh:

like the other guy said, the topic starter made a similar topic so i bumped it.
one of the mods even locked the newer one, so i guess you would have been better off with just asking a question, without getting angry.