Author Topic: Damnit Crooked I....I'm Shocked You'd Let Your Fans Down....Again.  (Read 2379 times)

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
Re: Damnit Crooked I....I'm Shocked You'd Let Your Fans Down....Again.
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2008, 11:48:15 PM »
Who told you guys Crooked I's 3 weeks is actually a typical 3 weeks? ...maybe he counts 1 month as a week  :)

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2008, 11:54:17 PM »
So what if he dropped that single this week, doesn't mean we'll see an album anytime soon

Ya lmao, alot of people drop a single then disepear for awhile. Off the top of my head i remember Young Buck dropped the "I Know You Want Me" joint and then dropped Buck The World like a year later LOL!!!

Don Seer

« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2008, 12:13:56 AM »
how come a rapper like cashis can get a deal wit shady, release a ep, be on comps etc.. in videos?
but crooked cant do that shit???

because..

As for Crooked's delay, nobody should be surprised.  This always happens with him.  I very much doubt that it's politics of the industry as a reason for him not releasing anything.  He thinks he's on Jay Z's level for trying to negotiate an album deal.  When in reality he really hasn't proven himself wothy of such a deal.  Sure, he is a lyrical monster but the record labels want someone that can make them money.  Like I said before, his whole "Boss" mentality is what's holding him back.  You need to work your way up the ranks in order to become a boss.

Labels want to either capitalise on buzz.... which crooked hasnt had properly OFF the internet since he was with Suge (who had him on TV n shit) or they want to take a non-risk.. with a someone like crooked demanding the earth, playing hard as he knows the industry by now, and actually having a really bad reputation/track record for getting product out (a businessman looks at the all the non-release's as a failure) .

its like this, and i've been saying it for years.. Crooked I aint likely to go gold, let alone platinum, he's a good MC but everyone knows good MC's DONT SELL in the mainstream.

D-Stress

« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2008, 12:19:10 AM »
someday
1. the wait will be over and he officially releases something
or
2.the fans will not give a fuck about him.

Crooked I

« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2008, 01:19:23 AM »
Imagine Detox,LAX and some other Albums like Ice Cube,Ya Boy etc come out and imagine theyr great,who gives a fuck about Crooked anymore ?

I mean he is no Dre to fool ppl by saying B.O.S.S is coming.........what is the worst is that he announces all that shit in some Clubs where 200 ppl are lol,I mean where did he say that his song is coming in 3 weeks ?in club zelda or some shit in front of 200 ppl i guess.

these announcements have to be made on his official website,on radio,on tv ..............crooked is very cheap very,i dont even care anymore ......if his album comes okay cool,if not who cares ?in 2009 nobody talks about a niqqer who was good but didnt make it anywhere.

just like football players,they say ur talented for 3-4 years but if u dont progressssss noboddddddy gives a fuck about u anymore,u faillllled niqqqqqa

conqueso34

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2008, 01:30:57 AM »
Imagine Detox,LAX and some other Albums like Ice Cube,Ya Boy etc come out and imagine theyr great,who gives a fuck about Crooked anymore ?

I mean he is no Dre to fool ppl by saying B.O.S.S is coming.........what is the worst is that he announces all that shit in some Clubs where 200 ppl are lol,I mean where did he say that his song is coming in 3 weeks ?in club zelda or some shit in front of 200 ppl i guess.

these announcements have to be made on his official website,on radio,on tv ..............crooked is very cheap very,i dont even care anymore ......if his album comes okay cool,if not who cares ?in 2009 nobody talks about a niqqer who was good but didnt make it anywhere.

just like football players,they say ur talented for 3-4 years but if u dont progressssss noboddddddy gives a fuck about u anymore,u faillllled niqqqqqa

it was actually on the radio, right after the last hip-hop weekly

Crooked I

« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2008, 02:13:07 AM »
famous radio station ?

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2008, 03:49:19 AM »
are you guys still holding out hope that crooked i is gonna release anything besides mixtapes???
lmao, we can dream, can't we? :)

i guess so. I'm still hoping Portland gets Derrick Rose in the draft. I gave up on a Crooked I album at least 4 years ago though.
I have this bad feeling that Prichard is bullshitting the fans. Seems like tickets ususally go on sale for next year not for several months from now. Here locally they've been advertising tickets for next season as being ons ale for the past month or so.

My theory is they are trying to get people's hopes up for next season as high as possible, and then before the season starts they'll say something to the effect that Oden won't be cleared to play til the all-star broke or so lol.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand...........fuck you Crooked I. lol. 8)

LOL I have no doubt that Oden will be ready to go when the season starts. He's been practicing and getting great workouts in for a good number of months now. The doctors said that Odens injury was among the mildest they've seen (unlike Miles, which they called the worst they've ever seen). After a full year of rehab from a relatively minor (compared to other microfracture patients) injury he should be fine. I think jason Kidd came back only 3 months after his, and Amare came back after just 6 months and they both look fine. And fuck Crooked I.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2008, 03:50:15 AM »
Crooked I > your favorite rapper

My favorite rapper's album > crooked i's non existent album

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2008, 05:17:23 AM »

lol y u hating on the guy u chose to name ur account after...

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2008, 05:45:49 AM »
he's a good MC but everyone knows good MC's DONT SELL in the mainstream.

Completely agree - it's sad because dude can eat up most people on the west, but he's not as marketable as some of these other cats... though if you're naming top West Coast lyricists he'll always come up, and personally I think that's more important if you're an MC

And how does not having an album out make him any less dope? Real hiphop heads know a dope MC when they hear one regardless of if the dude has albums out, if he's signed or not, otherwise you're just a sucker for major label marketing and the popularity vote

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2008, 05:52:07 AM »

Completely agree - it's sad because dude can eat up most people on the west, but he's not as marketable as some of these other cats... though if you're naming top West Coast lyricists he'll always come up, and personally I think that's more important if you're an MC

And how does not having an album out make him any less dope? Real hiphop heads know a dope MC when they hear one regardless of if the dude has albums out, if he's signed or not, otherwise you're just a sucker for major label marketing and the popularity vote

the thing is, he has yet to prove that he can drop album worthy material

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2008, 06:02:03 AM »

Sure, but that doesn't make him any less of an MC, maybe as an artist it means he's lacking (though we don't know because he hasn't done it yet). Take Kool G Rap or Big Daddy Kane or many of the top ranked MCs - often they couldn't put together a consistent album, but they are still known as the best MCs regardless just because of how dope they are lyrically
If you look at Canibus - he came out and his first album was horrible, but people still knew he was one of the dopest MCs because his level of rhyming was so high

The fact so many west coast heads respect Crooked I and know how dope he is without him even having dropped an album yet illustrates how dope he is on the mic, he's known JUST for being lyrical

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2008, 06:08:56 AM »

Sure, but that doesn't make him any less of an MC, maybe as an artist it means he's lacking (though we don't know because he hasn't done it yet). Take Kool G Rap or Big Daddy Kane or many of the top ranked MCs - often they couldn't put together a consistent album, but they are still known as the best MCs regardless just because of how dope they are lyrically
If you look at Canibus - he came out and his first album was horrible, but people still knew he was one of the dopest MCs because his level of rhyming was so high

The fact so many west coast heads respect Crooked I and know how dope he is without him even having dropped an album yet illustrates how dope he is on the mic, he's known JUST for being lyrical

sure Crooked proved himself as an MC  ;)

i just pointed out that he has yet to prove that he can make album worthy material; so i think we're on the same page  ;)

Webby05

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2008, 08:36:01 AM »
Crooked I > your favorite rapper

My favorite rapper's album > crooked i's non existent album