Author Topic: YOUNG L OF THE PACK INTERVIEW!!! NO MORE JIVE RECORDS!!!  (Read 69 times)

Beads

• Lil Geezy
YOUNG L OF THE PACK INTERVIEW!!! NO MORE JIVE RECORDS!!!
« on: April 23, 2008, 11:43:57 PM »

Last week I sat down with Lil B of The Pack and this week I got the pleasure of chopping it up with Young L. In this interview we discuss the past, Jive Records, and the future, Pink Dolphin Clothing and new Pack music.

"The Based Boy"

Beads: What's going on L? Why don’t we start it off by letting us know what on deck right now. Any new albums, mixtapes or things of that nature?

Young L: Well right now were recording the new Pack album and I have a couple side mixtapes I'm working on including my solo mixtape, Lil B's solo mixtape, and the SS Mixtape Vol. 2.

Beads: Sounds good. What's the status of The Pack? How are you guys doing?

Young L: Were cool. Doin shows here and there. Tryna stay focused.

Beads: So to reassure the people, The Pack is still together and going strong.

Young L: Yup. We good.

Beads: As you said earlier, you are on the road a lot. Did you ever imagine actually living this life at such a young age?

Young L: Nah not really. Ha Ha

Beads: I feel you man. Good things come to good people. But lets get down to business. What's the label situation right now? No more Jive right.

Young L: Yeah Jive is done. I mean no loss to be honest because nothing was really going on there. Right now were on one of the best management teams in the business. Crush Management. They manage Gym Class Heroes, Panic at the Disco, Tyga, Plain White Tees, Fallout Boy and more. So I think we’re in good hands.

Beads: So do you feel like Jive dropped the ball when it came to promoting you guys?

Young L: Yea they never really promoted us a lot or in the right ways. But it just wasn't a good place for us.

Beads: Now lets move on to the new things. Lets talk about your new solo mixtape. What can we expect?

Young L: Probably after The Pack mixtape drops. It will be around the same time The SS mixtape drops. Its gonna be a double disc. Half rapping and half “based” singing. Its called Cutty Row/The Based Sensation. Its gonna be big.

Beads: That sounds good man, real innovative. Any features on it?

Young L: Just SS group members. Tokyo and Cyrano from The Cataracs.

Beads: Since we are on the topic of the mixtape. Lets talk about, Honey With Me. The track is so different and creative. What is your vision for this track?

Young L: Just want people to hear it, that's all. It’s just me being me.

Beads: And that's one thing people like, you and The Pack aren't afraid to do what's different.

Young L: Yeah I got a lot of songs like that on the Based Sensation part of my mixtape.

Beads: As some of us know you are part of Pink Dolphin Clothing. What can we expect from Pink Dolphin and when can we expect the clothing.

Young L: We’re gonna start printing soon. We got a big buzz on it so we gotta strike now.

Beads: Before we get out of here, a lot of people want to know. What does it mean to be "based".

Young L: “Based” can mean different things. You can insult people by callin them “based”. Or you can use it as a positive. I can call someone “based” because they forgot their car keys in the car. But I tend to use “based” to describe my music because I don't feel there is any other way to describe my unique style of production. Other people claim to be “based” but to really be based you gotta be 100% original and what you make or do has to be legendary.

Preview the lead single from the mixtape right here!!!
Honey With Me

Visit Young L and give him your feedback and let him know your anticipating the new mixtape!

h2k4

Re: YOUNG L OF THE PACK INTERVIEW!!! NO MORE JIVE RECORDS!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 03:25:56 PM »
Thanks for the interview.  They do a good job on their live performances.  Jive did drop the ball with the promotion.  I felt that they could have done a better job promoting "In My Car".  Even "Vans" should have been promoted better.  Both songs had the potential to be big on the radio and tv.