Author Topic: Busta Rhymes - Blessed (tracklist)  (Read 2406 times)

flipmode123

• 'G'
Busta Rhymes - Blessed (tracklist)
« on: April 24, 2008, 12:59:43 AM »
FROM A LISTENING PARTY FOR "BLESSED"

The first song that hit the air was “Don’t Believe Em” feat. Akon & T.I.(produced by Cool & Dre): This was one of many anthems that were heard over the course of the night. With a signature Cool & Dre banger you hear two men express there frustrations with an overwhelming amount of legal conflicts in their lives. The song itself is a great example of how the majority of this album is a reflection of his life. We never see Busta on a Top Ten Lyricist or any such accolades, yet when he consistently has kept it funky, and brought good music, we ,as consumers of this music, need to realize how much this person has given to us.

Next is the aforementioned(here’s some pics of the video) “We Made It” feat. Linkin Park (produced by Cool & Dre): This is a monumental anthem where Busta states “Mike Shinoda is a REAL EMCEE”. He goes on to tell us that this song is a first because this is the first time an original song was done with a rapper and Linkin Park(all of Linkin Park). Now for those that don’t know the Jay-Z stuff was a mash up and we are not going to include stuff Mike has done with his group Fort Minor. After a long conversation about the severity of this collabo he went into a campaign for new video director RAGE, stating

” Rage is one of the most phenomenal directors. He has taken the biggest sacrifices that no other director has before for me. He set a new standard”

The next song: “Decision” feat. Common, Mary J. Blige, John Legend, & Jamie Foxx (produced by Mr. Porter) I going to admit had me “home”, after the song I had to exclaim that I was home and proceed to take my dress shoes, Busta followed and we went our with the rest of the comments. This joint is crazy, words truly to not articulate what I feel about this production. Busta when on to tell us about Mary’s significance on the record ” Mary called me a couple times to just to tell me that she was there for me”. In times when rappers seem to be put behind the wrong type of bars we see a very reflective Busta with the hooks being laced by Mary, John, and Jamie. At the first drop of the song the bass and piano are distinctive.

Then we went on to a few more songs I’m not going to go into details but here is a few:

“Right Now” (Prod. Focus & Dr.Dre) - This is a club banger.

“I’m Go and Get My…” (Prod. DJ Scratch) - The sample is insannnneee..if you know the movie you will go crazy when you here it.

“IF” feat. Nicole from the Pussycat Dolls (Prod. by Rick Rock) - Melodic Club Anthem. We argued between this one and “G-Stro”(Prod. by Pharrell) both are very nice tracks but this one seem to win over the group.

“Blown” feat. T-Pain (Prod. Cool & Dre) - This track is by far the biggest anthem track that I’ve heard T-Pain do and no matter how many tracks T-Pain has done this one surpasses all of them. Busta’s lyrical prowess on this entire album is far greater than what we’ve heard on a T-Pain track before.

“Throw It Up” feat. Lil’ Wayne & Ludacris (Prod. Cool & Dre) - This track was murdered by Wayne and Luda, we listened to it minus Busta’s verse since it wasn’t recorded yet but I must say Cool & Dre did the album justice.

“Kill Dem” feat. Tosh(Newly Sign Flipmode Artist)( Prod. Pharrell) - Kill Dem is a throw to Jamaican Busta, shout out to Jamaica Ave.

“Let Me Show You” (Prod. by Busta Rhymes & DJ Scratch) - This one is for the 30 and above with a Michael Jackson sample that will have you two stepping the night away.

“Hits 4 Days” feat. J. Holiday (Prod. by Dready Beats) - Fresh off the Bishop Lamont mixtape we see Dready Beats. Busta: ” J. Holiday knows he is good”.

“If You Don’t Know Now You Know” Feat. Big Tigger (Prod. by Focus) - Okay so a very different track but we see in Big Tigger and Bussa Bus in Interview Format rhyming back and forth. This track is very different yet it almost had that same back and forth type feeling as “Warning” by Biggie, except in interview format.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Busta Rhymes - Blessed (tracklist)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 01:50:57 AM »
If this is real then the album sounds like its gonna be a monster!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 01:54:37 AM »
“Right Now” (Prod. Focus & Dr.Dre) - This is a club banger
that doesn't sound good  :P

D-e-f-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 03:18:25 AM »
WAYNE????

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo

I fucking KNEW it ...why the fuck does he have to be on everybody's records ... I know I will hate the track despite luda and busta :(

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 04:09:31 AM »
Sounds like he played a bunch of tracks he's considering for the album, I doubt that all will make the final cut.

Lots of Cool N Dre, they can be a hit or a miss, that Nicole/Rick Rock joint sounds suspect. I hope Dre has 3,4 beats in the end.

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 04:58:34 AM »
can't believe this is actually comming out, its a fucking miricle. If those tracks are half as good as what he makes out its gonna be solid.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 05:02:11 AM »
Maybe one of the reasons that it's coming out so quickly is that Dre isn't involved. Maybe he'll only have 1 or 2 joints. We won't know till we hear the final product but it makes sense to me, that's why 50 is able torelease album every 2 years, he doesn't want to wait on Dre.

flipmode123

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 07:18:46 AM »
its set for a 1st july release

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 07:27:27 AM »
looks dope! :o :o :o
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Elano

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 07:33:40 AM »
“Don’t Believe Em” feat. Akon & T.I.(produced by Cool & Dre)

WOW. What a fuckin original choice

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 10:19:20 AM »
sounds dope, i dont really care about Dr.Dre not being on it anyway its not like Dre was around him during his career

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 10:37:43 AM »
Maybe one of the reasons that it's coming out so quickly is that Dre isn't involved. Maybe he'll only have 1 or 2 joints. We won't know till we hear the final product but it makes sense to me, that's why 50 is able torelease album every 2 years, he doesn't want to wait on Dre.

yeah they can do their projects on their own.

Dre can just focus on Detox and the reformation.

go touring after the drop of Detox

then see if it's possible to get interscopes support for bishop's album, if not, work something out to drop it somehow,

then retire as a CEO of aftermath entertainment and get the fuck away from interscope and just focus on what he does best, producing  ;)

Euro-Trash

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 12:12:59 PM »
you actually think dre will tour after detox? i thought the nigga refuses to leave his big ass house
[

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 12:21:22 PM »
Cool & Dre better not fuck this up!!!

Lunatic

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2008, 12:26:10 PM »
Cool & Dre better not fuck this up!!!
they wont
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com