Author Topic: Busta Rhymes - Blessed (tracklist)  (Read 2405 times)

jaytee

Re: Busta Rhymes - Blessed (tracklist)
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 12:30:16 PM »
It looks real promising.  I'm not too thrilled about a couple of the guest spots but all that matters is if it's good or not.  I'm looking forward to this.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 02:53:03 PM »
Godddddddddddddddddddddddddd, I don't like Cool & Dre like that. The fuck man. I was hopin' for at least one Swizz Beatz or somethang.

Why ain't 'Don't Touch Me' on this write up too???!!

These sound tight.
The next song: “Decision” feat. Common, Mary J. Blige, John Legend, & Jamie Foxx (produced by Mr. Porter) I going to admit had me “home”, after the song I had to exclaim that I was home and proceed to take my dress shoes, Busta followed and we went our with the rest of the comments. This joint is crazy, words truly to not articulate what I feel about this production. Busta when on to tell us about Mary’s significance on the record ” Mary called me a couple times to just to tell me that she was there for me”. In times when rappers seem to be put behind the wrong type of bars we see a very reflective Busta with the hooks being laced by Mary, John, and Jamie. At the first drop of the song the bass and piano are distinctive.

“Right Now” (Prod. Focus & Dr.Dre) - This is a club banger.

“I’m Go and Get My…” (Prod. DJ Scratch) - The sample is insannnneee..if you know the movie you will go crazy when you here it.

“Let Me Show You” (Prod. by Busta Rhymes & DJ Scratch) - This one is for the 30 and above with a Michael Jackson sample that will have you two stepping the night away.

“If You Don’t Know Now You Know” Feat. Big Tigger (Prod. by Focus) - Okay so a very different track but we see in Big Tigger and Bussa Bus in Interview Format rhyming back and forth. This track is very different yet it almost had that same back and forth type feeling as “Warning” by Biggie, except in interview format.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 02:55:38 PM »
And what about that other joint that Meho bumped up a minute ago?

And I don't know about Cool & Dre. They shit is too soft like. :-\

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2008, 02:56:14 PM »
Well i'm looking forward to this!!
Been listening to Big bang 8) 8) 8) 8)
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2008, 02:58:05 PM »

Cool n dre are alright, they might surprise us and bring out something Hard,you Know??
Though that Game track Big Dreams, was not bad!
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2008, 04:20:13 PM »
doesn't look that good

and only one dre beat and it's only a co-Dre beat, prob a left over beat too
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2008, 06:25:11 PM »

word, I want busta on some hard gutter shit

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2008, 11:36:28 PM »
i don't him only having 2 -3 Dre joints as long as there on that Break Ya Neck level

TRG

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2008, 01:48:25 AM »
Hopefully Dre has a few tracks, 3,4,5.. and hopefully he mixes the majority as well, if he has time of course ::)

D-e-f-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2008, 05:49:33 AM »
thinking back to big bang ...they had a listening session with tracks like Imagine and anotherone with Rae that didn't make the album and a few were still missing so I hope there are some major changes ahead for this record ...

topshotta

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2008, 06:05:11 AM »
I expected something totally different from Busta's first Aftermath release, hope he turn it up a notch for this one.. Don't wanna be dissapointed twice!

Matty

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2008, 06:35:47 AM »
lol at people wanting dre tracks. busta is likely gonna get nothing from dre.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2008, 07:27:54 AM »
Hopefully Dre has a few tracks, 3,4,5.. and hopefully he mixes the majority as well, if he has time of course ::)

lol at the sarcasm  :laugh:

don't expect major Dre involvement like last time  ;)

like i said before, i rather see Detox drop Detox than those aftermath releases.

the formula is getting old.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2008, 09:33:31 AM »
As all the invited guests got settled in the confines of Platinum Sounds Studio, it is hard not to notice a strange vibe in the air. With a sound bite of Busta Rhymes spazzing out on some journalists recently circulating around the internet, it is no surprise the majority of the attendees seem careful of their every move. Upon Busta entering the room, that vibe is reinforced tenfold. The general of the Flipmode Squad apologizes for being a bit tardy and promptly informs everyone that all electronic devices have to leave the room. No questions asked.

After the spicy request, Busta clears up the blow up at a previous listening session. Some journalist folks came with an automatic ice grill and son wasn’t having it. He thanks everyone for coming through and explains why the very unusually straightforward title I'm Blessed (Flipmode / Aftermath) coming from an artist who has had a track record for involved album names. Busta had four pending cases in one year, which is a record in Rap. All in all he got off light with probation. On top of that he saw his bodyguard go down in a hail of gunfire right in front of him and he is still here. Title makes sense right?

With all in attendance on the same page now Busta takes a seat. It’s obvious that dude is in great spirits as he leans back, kicks off his crisp pair of white Adidas Shell Toes, lights up a Newport and pours himself a drink. A CD is passed on to the engineer and the fifteen year vet cracks a big smile as he invites everyone to enjoy.

“Don’t Believe ‘Em” Featuring T.I. and Akon

Produced By Cool & Dre

As Busta explains it, this track was inspired by a conversation between Bus and T.I. at the rehearsal at last year’s BET Hip-Hop awards. Needless to say T.I. got booked an hour later and this joint was born. Piano keys are the first thing heard as Akon sets the tone for his comrades. Busta comes in with his bulletproof double time flow over thunderous drum rolls and guitars. Akon comes back on the hook and T.I. employs a speedy delivery as he touches lightly on his case. Bus plays clean up nicely and you get a strong album cut.

“We Made It” Featuring Linkin Park

Produced By Cool & Dre

Somber keys play a prominent role in this hyped emotional selection. A regular cadence splashed with a dash of double time gymnastics are employed by Busta. Noisy electric guitars are married perfectly with lead singer Chester Bennington’s inspirational vocals on the hook (“Together we made it / We made it even though we had our backs up against the wall / Forever we made it / And they told us we were never going to get it all”). A very much slept on Mike Shinoda plays his position on the second verse. A different look for a first single from Mr. Rhymes, but it works regardless.

“Decision” Featuring Jaime Foxx, Mary J. Blige, John Legend and Common

Produced By Denaun Porter aka Mr. Porter

Fake friends and true friends alike are addressed on this R&B smoothed-out monster. Crisp drums are blended with cool ass keys courtesy of John Legend. Jaime Foxx kills it off top and Busta comes through with one of his most heart felt verses in some time. Mrs. Mary J. gives the hook her golden touch and Common’s slicker than most lines sound right at home over lush pianos. Powerful music right here.

“Right Now”

Produced By Focus & Dr. Dre

Another sonic masterpiece provided by the Aftermath camp. Busta sounds like he owns the city with this celebratory album cut as he asks listeners to put their hands in the air over the hook. Additionally, a dense air is added to his vocals for added effect.

“I’m Going To Get Go And Get Mine”

Produced By DJ Scratch

If people think Scratched blacked out on “New York Sh*t,” then they got something else coming with this one. The infamously funny clip of Mike Epps placing his lotto numbers from All About The Benjamins is played out as the intro and is then chopped and flipped into some brollic street ish on the hook ("Imma go and get my 45 / Over on 47th / Be back in 15 minutes or even 30 / Be back with 37 ni***s with them 38's"). Scratch supplies funky grooves for Busta to talk greasy over. One of toughest joints you will hear this year hands down.

“If”

Produced By Rick Rock

This is a throwback to late 90’s Busta when he was going hard with that sexy ish (Pause). West coast beatsmith Rick Rock cooks up some intricate pianos and adds some xylophones for this bouncy record aimed at the ladies. Whispering included for added measure. Think “I Love My Chick” meets “I Know What You Want.”

“G Stroll” Featuring Pharell

Produced By The Neptunes

The first obvious disappointment of the night. Pharrell tries to sexy things up with him hollering at females on the track, while Busta runs through some soft drums and The Neptunes’ trademark synthesizers. Not that this joint is a total brick, but it doesn’t connect as well as the previous ones. Point blank, this has been done already and done better.

“Blown” Featuring T-Pain

Produced By Cool & Dre

The influence of recording this album in Miami is clear on this record. DJ Khaled opens things up with a sermon for the hood. Thick drums roll out and Busta’s machine gun flow energizes things up instantly. T-Pain bodies the hook with the auto-tune and what results in a heater that would have probably ended up on Plies’ lap. This will definitely get steady burn in the whip.

“Throw It Up” Featuring Ludacris & Lil Wayne

Produced By Cool & Dre

Not to sound cliché but this record is a problem. Cool & Dre provide a monstrous beat filled chunky synth notes and chopping high hats. Lil Wayne comes in first with an all you can eat buffet of his oversimplified but still reliable metaphors (“You don’t want beef / I’ll put you on a diet”). Not to be outshined Luda gets it in as well (“My ni***s fight over ice like we playing hockey”). Busta thinks this record is so hard, he hadn’t laid his verse yet. He wants to take his time with this one.

Verdict

As the last record times out, Busta extends another thank you to everyone present. He starts to engage in regular conversations with the crowd and shows much love to Flipmode lieutenant in charge Spliffstarr as he joins the festivities as well.

With a couple of more records in the stash, I’m Blessed seems to follow in the suit of its very noteworthy predecessor The Big Bang. There are no frivolous skits and or unnecessary filler as this effort will clock in at twelve or thirteen tracks. While this album may not be sewn together sonically where all the beats share a common aesthetic ala The Blueprint, I’m Blessed packs a lot of heaters. In the company of some suitable additions, this carries the potential to land on anyone’s 2008 list.

source: http://allhiphop.com/stories/reviews.../19782935.aspx

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2008, 02:55:42 PM »
“I’m Going To Get Go And Get Mine”

Produced By DJ Scratch

If people think Scratched blacked out on “New York Sh*t,” then they got something else coming with this one. The infamously funny clip of Mike Epps placing his lotto numbers from All About The Benjamins is played out as the intro and is then chopped and flipped into some brollic street ish on the hook ("Imma go and get my 45 / Over on 47th / Be back in 15 minutes or even 30 / Be back with 37 ni***s with them 38's"). Scratch supplies funky grooves for Busta to talk greasy over. One of toughest joints you will hear this year hands down.

I like the sound of this one.