Author Topic: Defari - Odds & Evens  (Read 949 times)

Mr_Loc

Defari - Odds & Evens
« on: November 09, 2001, 03:32:43 PM »
Defari
Odds & Evens
High Times/Universal Records
April 2003

Album features E-Swift, Evidence, Dilated Peoples, Phil The Agony and The Liks

First single is "Spell My Name"
« Last Edit: February 02, 2003, 03:36:05 PM by Murrow »

Head Honcho

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Defari - Odds & Evens
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2001, 12:55:09 AM »
If Odds & Evens is anything like Heruts debut im cyked as fuck
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Murrow

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2002, 07:39:02 AM »
What is the latest word?

Murrow

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2002, 07:42:17 AM »
Likwit crew member Defari has revealed plans for a third album. After 1999's Focused Daily and a 2000 release under his Billy The Kidd alias, a third effort titled Odds and Evens is in the works.    

"Odds and Evens is the name of the new album because I beat the odds and I'm about to get even.
And it's also, you can pick any number and it'll suit your tastes, suit your mind."

Defari's current ABB Records single "Bionic 2" b/w "Behold My Life (feat. Dilated Peoples)" is blowing up mix shows and definitely has the former Inglewood High School world history teacher pleased. "Everywhere we go it's sold out. And that's unheard of nowadays," he said.  

After spending time with both ABB and Tommy Boy, Defari is in the midst of deciding how his next album gets released. "He's like a free agent who's really trying to find the right place," explained Defari in the third person. "That's what he is right now. But that's not gonna stop him from coming out. I can't really even speak on what label he's going to come out on right now...I'm just trying to get the capital that backs my vision, whether it's a major or an indie. It doesn't matter."

Although Defari spent a good chunk of last year touring arenas with Xzibit, he's most at home rocking smaller venues with longtime fam Tha Liks. "I always have to thank X for exposing me to, and offering me an opportunity to rock in front of so many people man," he said of Xzibit, who arranged Defari's appearance on Dr. Dre's "L.A. Niggaz". "But like here tonight is the root of it. This is where I thrive the most. The summer jams with Xzibit were just a phenomenal experience, but this is my love right here, this is where it pumps. My heart, my bloodline, for my lyrics, for what I've experienced."

Executive produced by E-Swift, Odds and Evens will feature Defari himself behind the boards, along with beats from Evidence, E-Swift and Joey Chavez. Defari also listed Battlecat and Rockwilder as possible collaborators to the release that should hit stores in late 2002.

Murrow

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2002, 04:14:36 PM »
What's up with this album?

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2002, 10:10:38 AM »
Droppin in October
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2002, 07:35:08 PM »
I hope so
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Murrow

Re:Defari - Odds & Evens
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2003, 03:55:26 PM »
01/07/03 | Odds & Evens Is Coming
       Defari's first single from his next album "Odds & Evens" has arrived and we got the audio for you below. The first single is called "Spell My Name", Evidence did the production on it. Its a real dope song, kinda hard and as Defari said himself, he's re-introducing himself with this song. Defari is also shooting a video for the song. Anyway, here is "Spell My Name". The single has a dope B-Side called "The Slumpy" produced by Fred Wreck. Here is "The Slumpy. Remember "Odds & Evens" is droppin late March/early April this year on Herut Music Inc and distributed by High Times. The Spell My Name CD Single is out January 28th, but you can pre-order the single here. And make sure you read our interview with Defari for more info on the new LP.

Murrow

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2003, 09:38:17 AM »
Defari's upcoming album, titled "Odds & Evens," is set to feature appearances by E-Swift, Evidence, Dilated Peoples Phil The Agony and The Liks. He revealed that he has recently finished a track produced by Fredwreck, called "Haunted Souls," which is said to deal with the harsh realities of the gang life : "It will be the hardest shit you ever heard out of L.A. It's about three kids, 13, 16 and 19. They talk about why they joined and how they got into the life. It's a killer song. I taped my voice to sound like little kids."

Expect the album to get released later this year on Defari's newly formed, High Times/Universal distributed label, Herut (pronounced hey roo.) : "I managed to incorporate all of my family, even my ABB Family. I named it Odds And Even because it means I beat the odds and I am about to get even with the game."

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2003, 04:46:12 AM »
Spell my name is sooo tight man,coppin this 4 sho !

S.G.V.

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2003, 01:15:05 AM »
Spell My Name is hard...i wonder if he did it to kinda show Xzibit that he can rip any beat that X raps on...considerin thats the beat X, Frost and Jayo busted on for Big Business...im waitin for this album...

Hittbob

• Lil Geezy
  • No mirror would dare bear my lightness...
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2003, 02:18:42 PM »
ahh I think I'm a pick this up, I've always felt defari, the focused daily album was pretty dope, I didnt cop his 2nd one tho, is it tight?

oNe
'I'ma pull a hittbob
and say fuck all y'all
shit and piss on y'all
rhyme brawl on y'all'
-mousehowl

'My death might be a tragedy, my life will be a triumph' - Evidence

EM28

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2003, 11:17:05 AM »
What is the latest word?

that's what i'd like to know

peace

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2003, 12:18:17 PM »
What is the latest word?

that's what i'd like to know

peace

its droppin in April
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network