Author Topic: The "NEW WEST?" - Just isn't it.  (Read 659 times)

92 Riots

• Lil Geezy
Re: The "NEW WEST?" - Just isn't it.
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2008, 03:03:39 AM »
damn thats some real talk!
but crooked is one of the dopest to rap period.
why jay-z, russell dont fuck wit him? (who the fuck knows?)
why he dont get at them? (who the fuck knows????)
why hasnt he released a album? (who the fuck knows, altho I think he could have released many but thats jus me)
what is he tryna to perfect durin this time of the rap game???
Is he tryna to to say hes the best rapper alive or to ever touch a mic, with puttin out a dope album?
what if the album isnt dope? 
what will he do?

my point is there is no valid reason for not havin released a  FUCKIN ALBUM!

now to the new west rappers, you gotta give them time for real

bad lucc, bishop lamont, g malone ya boy, these are new faces startin to come up and make noise. 
but I still dont understand why dre didnt help knoc, hit, crooked, timebomb and others more?
hes not their dr or "daddy" but you could have made money on them and it would have been westcoast. 

Crooked is the West Coast version of Kool G Rap. I have heard G Rap's name thousands of times, but I can't even tell you the name of one of his songs or albums. I don't even think he made any albums. I could go to Wiki and post everything I know about him to sound smart, but I won't, just to prove a point. I am sure that New Yorkers have wondered why G Rap never blew, while they saw a lot of rappers come after him to blow up that weren't nearly as talented.

I know that it is the internet age. But, I see a problem when we talk about a rapper for 3, 4, even 5-6 years saying "they are next, they are going to blow up, they are what the game needs." While The South will put out 15 new artists a year, with 2-3 of them establishing long term careers and having just as much or more skill than these rappers we talk about.

In 2005, everybody was starting to get hopeful because of our new faces. But, how much has happened since then, How long is the window of opportunity for these rappers? How many rappers have you heard of that made it big, but it took 4 and five years for them to release an album or major single after you first heard of them?

50 Cent was a major phenomenon for many reasons, and his timing had a lot to do with it. He is one of the only rappers to ever have a known name but not release an album for 3-4 years, and then blow up to become a major rapper. For the rest, you will hear fans say "Joe Budden/Bishop/Stat Quo/whoever is going to blow up" "they should blow up" but they never do.

The mainstream is bad, and it is difficult because you have to have commercial appeal. People always complain that "talent doesn't mean anything anymore" but truth is, talent has never meant everything. Ask your uncles, there were singers in the 70's with better voices than Al Green. Patti Labelle. Marvin. Isley's. There were better musicians than those classic rock bands had. There have always been better rappers that whoever was mainstream, that's nothing new. But the ones who become legends have more than enough talent, and more than enough that makes them appeal outside of just pure skill. In 1968, nobody cared if the girl at your church could sing "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" better than Aretha. Question is, could she have made "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" before Aretha, and made it a hit?

That is the question I ask these New West rappers. You can have all the talent and skill in the world. But if you aren't using it in the right way, what does it mean? And that's only if the New West rappers even had more talent than the rest of the nation and radio, but they don't.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The "NEW WEST?" - Just isn't it.
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2008, 09:34:57 AM »
real shit!!!!!

damn thats some real talk!
but crooked is one of the dopest to rap period.
why jay-z, russell dont fuck wit him? (who the fuck knows?)
why he dont get at them? (who the fuck knows????)
why hasnt he released a album? (who the fuck knows, altho I think he could have released many but thats jus me)
what is he tryna to perfect durin this time of the rap game???
Is he tryna to to say hes the best rapper alive or to ever touch a mic, with puttin out a dope album?
what if the album isnt dope? 
what will he do?

my point is there is no valid reason for not havin released a  FUCKIN ALBUM!

now to the new west rappers, you gotta give them time for real

bad lucc, bishop lamont, g malone ya boy, these are new faces startin to come up and make noise. 
but I still dont understand why dre didnt help knoc, hit, crooked, timebomb and others more?
hes not their dr or "daddy" but you could have made money on them and it would have been westcoast. 

Crooked is the West Coast version of Kool G Rap. I have heard G Rap's name thousands of times, but I can't even tell you the name of one of his songs or albums. I don't even think he made any albums. I could go to Wiki and post everything I know about him to sound smart, but I won't, just to prove a point. I am sure that New Yorkers have wondered why G Rap never blew, while they saw a lot of rappers come after him to blow up that weren't nearly as talented.

I know that it is the internet age. But, I see a problem when we talk about a rapper for 3, 4, even 5-6 years saying "they are next, they are going to blow up, they are what the game needs." While The South will put out 15 new artists a year, with 2-3 of them establishing long term careers and having just as much or more skill than these rappers we talk about.

In 2005, everybody was starting to get hopeful because of our new faces. But, how much has happened since then, How long is the window of opportunity for these rappers? How many rappers have you heard of that made it big, but it took 4 and five years for them to release an album or major single after you first heard of them?

50 Cent was a major phenomenon for many reasons, and his timing had a lot to do with it. He is one of the only rappers to ever have a known name but not release an album for 3-4 years, and then blow up to become a major rapper. For the rest, you will hear fans say "Joe Budden/Bishop/Stat Quo/whoever is going to blow up" "they should blow up" but they never do.

The mainstream is bad, and it is difficult because you have to have commercial appeal. People always complain that "talent doesn't mean anything anymore" but truth is, talent has never meant everything. Ask your uncles, there were singers in the 70's with better voices than Al Green. Patti Labelle. Marvin. Isley's. There were better musicians than those classic rock bands had. There have always been better rappers that whoever was mainstream, that's nothing new. But the ones who become legends have more than enough talent, and more than enough that makes them appeal outside of just pure skill. In 1968, nobody cared if the girl at your church could sing "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" better than Aretha. Question is, could she have made "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" before Aretha, and made it a hit?

That is the question I ask these New West rappers. You can have all the talent and skill in the world. But if you aren't using it in the right way, what does it mean? And that's only if the New West rappers even had more talent than the rest of the nation and radio, but they don't.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.