Author Topic: E White - Untitled  (Read 569 times)

Mota

E White - Untitled
« on: March 24, 2002, 11:21:43 PM »
E White
Untitled
Doggystyle/MCA Records
Fall 2003

*The west coast is bubbling with mcs clamoring to be heir apparent to Snoop dogg's gangsta rap throne.
But Big Snoop Dogg might have found a successor in E-white,
a 25 year old lyricist from his Long Beach hometown who could pass for his brother-standing a lanky 6'4, sporting cornows and spitting calming introspective raps.
"E-white's shit is hot.He's fly as fuck" Snoop says.
"I want to put him out on Dogghouse.You heard my first string already,now its time to bring my six man in."
Indeed,when Snoop peeped E-white's "Dčja Vu",a single he had recorded last year,he immediately decided to include him on his doggystyle label.
E-white's conscious,conversational flow glides over the song's chilling music and guitar loops as he raps "Not to complain/But
why do go through the same thang?/Music,dance,rap/Or you could choose the bang thang".
His lyrics analyze,as opposed to glorifying,what's happening in the streets. "Now,you can't come into the game spittin' gangsta shit,which is why I don't get on no shoot-'em-up-bang-bang shit unless I'm freestylin a rhyme",says E-white, who doesn't label himself as a gangsta rapper.
"If you wasn't N.W.A. or been established in the game, you ain't gon blow that up.It ain't no more you can do to it".
In '95 when he saw things blowing up for the twinz-his cousins
signed to warren g's def jam-distributed g funk music-E white
realized he needed to chill on doing dirt and to make his music his first priority.
E didn't ask for a hook-up,though.
Instead,he began to record makeshift demos and build his rep by battling local heads.And by late '99,he was building with the discreet merchants,a local three-man production team from around the way.known for having made tracks for Jurassic 5,Tha mexakinz and crooked i;the Discreet Merchants produced several songs for E-white,including "Deja Vu" and "My Situation",another melodic-sounding groove melded with e-white's poignant lyrics.

His album will be out for Doggysytle records/Mca records,with
production from Discreet Merchants,battlecat,fred wreck,
meech wells,foesum and others.

Murrow

Re: E White - Untitled
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2002, 06:09:20 AM »
From the Doggystyle official site:

With heat from producers Ric Roc, The Alchemist, and Doggy Style regulars Battlecat, Fred Wreck and Meech Wells, Eric White is now ready to kick through all you thought you knew about hip hop with a new style, fresh 26-year old energy, and the  pit bull determination of a man who appreciates the  precious gift of a second chance.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »