Author Topic: Who likes british hip hop?  (Read 322 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Who likes british hip hop?
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008, 03:18:53 PM »
lol british rappers. the accent makes it impossible to take them seriously...

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 03:19:45 PM »

Thanks for the hate.
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 03:23:11 PM »
Then why stick them in the same group?

** Good example of Grime btw lol. Mad ass beat.

From what i see British Hip Hop gains more limelight and mainstream play than Grime today.

i dunno, i would say the most mainstream artists at the mo are dizzie and kano who came from grime backgrounds and possibly sway.

Kano has changed his style to appeal to the mainstream, i wouldnt say he has gone hip hop but he is less grime and more hip-pop .

Sway i was never really sure if he was grime or hip hop to be honest, dizzie has pretty much stuck to his roots.

I cant think of any british hip hop artist who has any real mainstream success though.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2008, 03:26:42 PM »

Thanks for the hate.

LOL dont be so sensitive. Its just my opinion. Me personally, I can't get past it. I didn't say they dont have talent. To be honest I dont like much of any kind of hip hop right now no matter where its from.Would you rather I made a post kissin their asses? OK, here you go. British hip hop is the best shit ever invented by anyone anywhere ever. Thank God for British hip hop. I don;t know what my life would be without it. Happy now?

Money

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2008, 03:28:35 PM »
Then why stick them in the same group?

** Good example of Grime btw lol. Mad ass beat.

From what i see British Hip Hop gains more limelight and mainstream play than Grime today.
im lazy.

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2008, 03:30:35 PM »
In the long run....To be honest as much as i would want it to be, i don't think Grime will break out as commercial for the UK as Hip hop is for the US. Most noticeably the songs that defined grime in your eyes what would they be??

To me the ones that stood out...the likes of

Kano - Ghetto Kyote, much more other singles but i'm tired and can't remember...

Dizzee Rascal - I Luv U, Fix Up Look Sharp, etc etc. Boy In Da Corner is a better way to put it.

Lethal Bizzle - POW! (Forward Riddim)

Wiley - Most of the material he came out with in his day.

Todays generation revolve around the likes of Boy Better Know, artists who also take themself seriously like Ghetto and many other crews who're out there making a name for themselfs now.
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2008, 03:33:21 PM »

Thanks for the hate.

LOL dont be so sensitive. Its just my opinion. Me personally, I can't get past it. I didn't say they dont have talent. To be honest I dont like much of any kind of hip hop right now no matter where its from.Would you rather I made a post kissin their asses? OK, here you go. British hip hop is the best shit ever invented by anyone anywhere ever. Thank God for British hip hop. I don;t know what my life would be without it. Happy now?

....I just said thanks for the hate. One simple sentence, no sensitivity involved. I didn't ask for anythng else. I didn't call your opinion shit or anything. It wasn't praise for the UK scene or a neutral comment, it was a statement saying you couldn't take them seriously because of their accent. Sounds like hate to me.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2008, 03:35:22 PM »
LOL so being honest about my opinion is "hate?" I swear that must be the most misused and overused term in hip hop...

JAZ

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2008, 03:36:39 PM »
sway is dope

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2008, 03:37:41 PM »
In the long run....To be honest as much as i would want it to be, i don't think Grime will break out as commercial for the UK as Hip hop is for the US. Most noticeably the songs that defined grime in your eyes what would they be??

To me the ones that stood out...the likes of

Kano - Ghetto Kyote, much more other singles but i'm tired and can't remember...

Dizzee Rascal - I Luv U, Fix Up Look Sharp, etc etc. Boy In Da Corner is a better way to put it.

Lethal Bizzle - POW! (Forward Riddim)

Wiley - Most of the material he came out with in his day.

Todays generation revolve around the likes of Boy Better Know, artists who also take themself seriously like Ghetto and many other crews who're out there making a name for themselfs now.

well it seems like wiley has got a hit with wearing my rolex but it seems more like a dance track than grime to me.

is this the direction he is going in ?

oh yeah writing this made me think of roll deep, when im ere is such a dope track

<a href="http://uk.youtube.com/v/ENq5rJDFA1o" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://uk.youtube.com/v/ENq5rJDFA1o</a>

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2008, 03:40:36 PM »
LOL so being honest about my opinion is "hate?" I swear that must be the most misused and overused term in hip hop...

It wasn't constructive criticism. It wasn't praise. It was a simple reason you disliked the Grime/Hip Hop UK scene. So i judged out it must have been hate.

If it hurts you that much, and you well and truly believe it isn't hate. I'll change what i meant instead.

"Thanks for the distaste in the UK Scene."

Anyway, yeah that Wiley Rolex single was more pointed towards dance, and we have to admit it actually did catch UKs attention quite a bit better than his past Grime hits. Lol heres me hoping he doesn't make the jump off Grime.

JAZ

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2008, 03:44:01 PM »
hook me up with a link for a roll deep album.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2008, 03:44:29 PM »

It wasn't constructive criticism. It wasn't praise. It was a simple reason you disliked the Grime/Hip Hop UK scene. So i judged out it must have been hate.

If it hurts you that much, and you well and truly believe it isn't hate. I'll change what i meant instead.

"Thanks for the distaste in the UK Scene."

Anyway, yeah that Wiley Rolex single was more pointed towards dance, and we have to admit it actually did catch UKs attention quite a bit better than his past Grime hits. Lol heres me hoping he doesn't make the jump off Grime.

if its successful he prob will. If you look at what he did with roll deep aiming for the mainstream (avenue, shake a leg) he is desperate for some recognition outside the grime scene

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2008, 03:46:44 PM »
Ahh true. I remember that lol, i won't lie, The Avenue album was something i really couldn't be bothered to listen to. It was too 'aimed for mainstream' if you might know what i mean? The only real Grimey tunes that stood out to me were:

When I'm 'ere

Poltergeist Remix.

But at least people started to recongise who Roll Deep were. Lol they must have been bubblin' when they saw their tune being played on MTV and not on a smaller channel like Channel U.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2008, 03:48:38 PM »
Ahh true. I remember that lol, i won't lie, The Avenue album was something i really couldn't be bothered to listen to. It was too 'aimed for mainstream' if you might know what i mean? The only real Grimey tunes that stood out to me were:

When I'm 'ere

Poltergeist Remix.

But at least people started to recongise who Roll Deep were. Lol they must have been bubblin' when they saw their tune being played on MTV and not on a smaller channel like Channel U.

yeah. you cant blame them they have put in work over the years, but i cant see grime or british hip hop ever been successful in the uk unless its a watered down version.