Author Topic: Devin - Just Tryin Ta Live  (Read 1509 times)

Young Dan Iza

Re: Devin - Just Tryin Ta Live
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2002, 03:11:32 AM »
yo i heard a 2 minute clip of his new song doobie ashtray and shit is hot. i think that it was produced by dj premier. holla back if u want the song
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Murrow

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2002, 07:08:59 AM »
Album got delayed, AGAIN!  It's not droppin this month, they didn't say when.  Rumors have been sayin Rap-A-Lot may not release the album.

:'(

Murrow

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2002, 09:56:28 AM »
Ok, the name of the album is called, "Just Tryin’ to Live" Because in this rap career, people just see different things of rappers in the videos and just think it's a certain way when it's really not. It's a constant struggle. It’s a lot of people that's involved in this project, I got the Odd Sqaud who I go way back with on the ‘94 album "Fat Enough for Everybody". I got a guy name Manchild on the album and on that song, "Just Tryin to Live". Production wise, I got Mike Dean, Rob, I did a couple of tracks, Suave House, DJ Domination nigga! He did a lot of the last album. My Coffee Brothers, I'm still waiting to hear from my dog N.O. Joe. I recorded about 35 songs to prepare for this album altogether. That was about 1 year and 9 months worth of work right there. It's been just non-stop since "The Dude" album. - Devin

Peep the rest of the interview @ Tha Formula.com

antt213

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2002, 12:56:13 PM »
Album got delayed, AGAIN!  It's not droppin this month, they didn't say when.  Rumors have been sayin Rap-A-Lot may not release the album.

:'(

I think that's because emi {owns virgin} is cutting back they closed priority&dropped mariah carey so may be there dropping rapalot to.
all hail the underground how that sound-xzibit

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2002, 05:47:12 PM »
dawm i hate when shit like this happens
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Mota

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2002, 08:24:25 AM »
rapalotrecords.com

His latest CD "Just Trying To Live", picks up where The Dude left off, keeping with the formula that made him famous. The CD includes production by Dr. Dre, DJ Premier and the Coughee Brothers. The title track is one of Devin's favorites. "If there's any example of somebody who's been in this for a minute and is still trying to make something out of it, even though sometimes it feels like there's nothing, that's us" states Devin.

While the title track might touch the heart and mind, Devin and company don't forget about the lower extremities and outside indulgences that take a hold of life. "Cock Hounds" is somewhat a part II of "Show 'Em". "R & B" (Reefer & Beer) is an ode to what fuels his fire. The track features Country Dude, the alter-ego companion to his cool ass The Dude persona. And "Whatever", is a skit that examines how far a rapper may need to take it in order to be heard properly. The airy "Right Now", is about a true to life airplane occurrence, becomes a self-help session reminiscent of "The Dude's" "I Can't Quit". Its hook "Right now I feel so good inside/Won't let anybody out there bring me down/Trying to find a way to feel just like this every day"- is sure to become the mantra for a lot pf people in helping through the day.

The Dr. Dre produced "Yo Ho", and the body banger, "Some of 'Em" which features Nas, takes Dev a few steps out of his normal mode. "Doobie Ashtray" produced by DJ Premiere, looks at the material things in life and how little they really seem. Devin compares the loss of riches, bitches and rides to the remnants of joints and blunts that lie in ashtrays all over the world. "If you don't have any weed left, you can always go back to the "Doobie Ashtray", he explains. "But sometimes when you go back to that and it's gone you can feel like you lost a whole bunch of stuff. So to some people who have a lot of this or a lot of that, they lose it and go crazy". The most playful yet touching track of the set, "Ha Ha", is a song about finding riches while digging in the trash. "When I lived in Florida, I used to listen to WXRB. They would throw a lot of stuff away, promotional records, that were a little scratched and unplayable. So every once in a while we'd be walking by, I'd see something in the dumpster and grab it, and take it home and jam. Some kids would laugh, but they didn't know what gems I was taking home".

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
August 27th? I sure hope so!
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2002, 01:16:34 PM »
CDNOW.COM lists Devin The Dude's new album, "Just Tryin' Ta Live," as coming out on August 27, 2002!!! See what I'm talking about @ http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=1749988025/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/album.html/artistid=DEVIN+THE+DUDE/itemid=1581817.

Rick

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Kweli
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2002, 01:48:09 PM »
That's tight, for a little while, I wasn't sure if the CD was ever comin out..

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2002, 10:34:48 AM »
so the first single is  "It's a Shame" cant wait to hear that

west_coast_rider

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2002, 06:09:55 PM »
this is what i found on mtv.com today

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Dre has produced "It's a Shame," the first single from Devin's second album, Just Tryin' to Live, due August 27. Dre also produced "Yo Ho" for the album, and DJ Premier is behind "Doobie Ashtray," while "Some of Em" features guest vocals from Nas and Xzibit. ...