Author Topic: A MESSAGE TO DUBCNN STUFF - NIMA, LIL' JAY, RUD ETC - PLEEEASE RESPOND!!!  (Read 3249 times)

Quadruple OG

Soopafly DPGC's posts in this thread saved it. Someone needs to compile an official "Best Of" thread for all his quotables.

D-TalkX

I send y'all guys e-mails and pm's but none of y'all didn't respond to me about this [don't know why] so I'm makin' this topic so y'all can recognize
I'm writing this because I got a question and a request to the dubcnn staff, to people like Nima, Lil' Jay, Rud and others that's run this shit right here...

The MAIN question is:

WHY DubCnn among other sites don't promote Tha Realest and his recent stuff and never get any notice about his upcoming projects, mixtapes etc?

I KNOW dude get's a lot of hate for this whole "Tupac thang" but seriously... I REALLY ENJOY THIS GUY'S MUSIC so I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THIS SHIT... I understand and respect people's point of view and I won't argue with those dudes but as far as the Dubcnn stuff go - I don't know what's your personal opinion about Tha Realest or did y'all ever met him or talk to him but I think that sites like DubCnn should reach out to him and help him get the recognition outside California, in the mainstream... I mean, dude really reppin' the West and he's doing real dope music nowadays like this MOB MUZIK album with Wack Deuce and G Mack...

AND here's my BIG REQUEST to the people on DubCnn that's making them fron page news - NIMA, LIL' JAY, RUD or whoever... THIS ONE'S FOR YOU:

COULD YOU PLEEASE WRITE A NEWS ABOUT THIS "MOB MUZIK" ALBUM ON DUBCNN FRONT NEWS PAGE?

it would be SOOO DOPE and would also help him get more recognition if a site as big as dubcnn promote his shit... I want to spread the word this album in the internet so I'm hiting every opportunity and every rap forum I can possibly hit with this news to help the album sell more untis... This album is soo hot that I know that if a site as Big and popular as dubcnn write a news about this album on the front page it would help a lot... y'all did GREAT job with Crooked I HHWeekly's, y'all doing really GREAT job with new cats fro the West Coast like Lil' Eazy, Bishop, G Malone, Eastwood etc and it would be really great if y'all promote Tha Realest also among those
dudes... PLEEEASE SHOW SOME SUPPORT FOR THA REALEST, WACK DEUCE & G MACK!!!

I think I know why they didn't respond.

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Other "New West" artists that NEVER get NO show on the "main" page? YG Soprano (Hoo-Bangin) or Young Knox.
"Old West"? Quictamac.
These jusr come to mind right away but there are many others. WHY? Mystery to me...

kevin t

• Muthafuckin' OG
I've just got so much more to learn....just last week, I tried to make my bitch sleep in the yard like Soopafly.  Well, every few minutes, I kept looking out the window to see if she was still out there, and she was.  I took a shower and everything and got ready for bed, and pretty soon, she left.  She only stayed out there for about an hour.  I need to study The Man so I can figure out how Fly keeps them out there all night and when he opens the door the next morning, she's got breakfast waiting for him at the doorstep.
Best poster on this site hands down

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
Soopafly DPGC's posts in this thread saved it. Someone needs to compile an official "Best Of" thread for all his quotables.

I did that a long time ago.

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=245699.0

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Other "New West" artists that NEVER get NO show on the "main" page? YG Soprano (Hoo-Bangin) or Young Knox.
"Old West"? Quictamac.
These jusr come to mind right away but there are many others. WHY? Mystery to me...

well,
far as i know, dubcnn.com are not reporters.
they showcase stuff if there is a request for it, like artists and recordlabels send promo/"bulletins, new songs/news" whatever to dubcnn-contributors, and then they take it from there.
its not like they are keepin the ears to the streets or anythin, and post info on every new "song/artist/video" that is out there.
at least, this is my impression.
i actually feel like, dubcc.com/forum is a better option for up-to-date news on new music/releases than the website itself

another westcoast-website i can recommend, which is way more consistent than dubcnn.com nowadays (when it comes to westcoast-oriented news in music and entertainment),, is--->

www.westcomeup.com (roughly 3 or 4 updates every day)

when it comes to interesting  interviews wit artists, www.dubcnn.com is still the best place to check tho imo,, n unlike other westcoast-sites, they can also post exclusive song-premieres from time to time
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 10:43:49 AM by Michael Madsen (Der Führer des Dritten Reich) »

Matty

"Old West"? Quictamac.

well,
they showcase stuff if there is a request for it, like artists and recordlabels send promo/"bulletins, new songs/news" whatever to dubcnn-contributors, and then they take it from there.
its not like they are keepin the ears to the streets or anythin, and post info on every new "song/artist/video" that is out there.
i actually feel like, dubcc.com/forum is a better option for up-to-date news on new music/releases than the website itself

another westcoast-website i can recommend, which is way more consistent than dubcnn.com nowadays (when it comes to westcoast-oriented news in music and entertainment),, is--->

when it comes to interesting and exclusive interviews wit artists, www.dubcnn.com is still the best place to check tho imo

agreed, but this should be changing somewhat soon. partly cause the site is getting redone and some new contributors like me will be keeping it updated with more 'news' orientated drops. only on g-gunk related releases of course ;) 8)

Okka

"Old West"? Quictamac.

YG Soprano ain't "New West" though, he been down with Mack 10 and Hoo-Bangin' for a long time.

Blasphemy (A)

"Old West"? Quictamac.

well,

when it comes to interesting  interviews wit artists, www.dubcnn.com is still the best place to check tho imo,, n unlike other westcoast-sites, they can also post exclusive song-premieres from time to time

Maybe back in 08-09. Dubcnn has fallen off when it comes being what it once was.  I usually only needed to visit dub to get my information (this included the forum) but the euros got some many threads with 90s crap even this forum has become dead weight. Maybe they should split the west coast section into a old (80s, 90s, 2000s) and 2010s-present section.  I mean it would at the very it would filter out the threads reasking the same questions. Maybe add a new admin to redirect people to the original threads with answers.

They should also rethink about reskinning this shit. giving it a sleaker look. this shit looks old as fuck.

Sccit

Klientel>Realest

Blasphemy (A)

OG Snoopaveli

I've just got so much more to learn....just last week, I tried to make my bitch sleep in the yard like Soopafly.  Well, every few minutes, I kept looking out the window to see if she was still out there, and she was.  I took a shower and everything and got ready for bed, and pretty soon, she left.  She only stayed out there for about an hour.  I need to study The Man so I can figure out how Fly keeps them out there all night and when he opens the door the next morning, she's got breakfast waiting for him at the doorstep.

Make my day!!  8)  ;D

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
"Old West"? Quictamac.

YG Soprano ain't "New West" though, he been down with Mack 10 and Hoo-Bangin' for a long time.

Good but WHY not mention when he releases new videos? Why not mention he has a brand new mixtape out? Is he the only Hoo-Bangin artist not good enough to make the main page? Because I clearley remember sending one if not two different members of the staff with ALL the needed info about a year ago when YG gave me the world premiere of his last video, I also advised him, personally, to give you (meaning dubcnn as a whole) the link as I figured it was better that the artists direct contracted you but to this day, it was never promoted except from the thread I made in the forum. I DO hope the reason AIN'T because of me? Because the very reason I post here is BECAUSE I like it & give the site it's props.

Don Seer

many threads with 90s crap even this forum has become dead weight. Maybe they should split the west coast section into a old (80s, 90s, 2000s) and 2010s-present section.  I mean it would at the very it would filter out the threads reasking the same questions. Maybe add a new admin to redirect people to the original threads with answers.
i have an idea about that :)

They should also rethink about reskinning this shit. giving it a sleaker look. this shit looks old as fuck.

it will happen, but it'll be a while.. its moving to dubcnn/forum and will be reskinned, and upgraded

and anything else... people need to give nima the info.. he can't write about something he don't know about.. you HAVE to come correct, come professional and not expect people to do it all for em.. write something up like a press release that he or anyone else can tweak, and give some audio to sweeten the deal..

obviously nima and anyone else will have chased up connections for stuff they like, and who they want to connect to and thats a bunch of work.. anyone else has to reach out, build that relationship.

so without a hookup to dubcnn people dont get coverage - simple as that.

another one major reason people dont get covered is, the info comes through fans who found it on other sites (so its basically being bitten)

« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 09:48:28 AM by Don Seer »

Sccit

many threads with 90s crap even this forum has become dead weight. Maybe they should split the west coast section into a old (80s, 90s, 2000s) and 2010s-present section.  I mean it would at the very it would filter out the threads reasking the same questions. Maybe add a new admin to redirect people to the original threads with answers.
i have an idea about that :)

it will happen, but it'll be a while.. its moving to dubcnn/forum and will be reskinned, and upgraded

and anything else... people need to give nima the info.. he can't write about something he don't know about.. you HAVE to come correct, come professional and not expect people to do it all for em.. write something up like a press release that he or anyone else can tweak, and give some audio to sweeten the deal..

obviously nima and anyone else will have chased up connections for stuff they like, and who they want to connect to and thats a bunch of work.. anyone else has to reach out, build that relationship.

so without a hookup to dubcnn people dont get coverage - simple as that.

another one major reason people dont get covered is, the info comes through fans who found it on other sites (so its basically being bitten)

i like the color scheme/features on this forum compared to most others....i dont think we need to upgrade to something TOO fancy. the simplicity works well. would be nice if we could keep it original with the same basic skin. easy on the eyes and it's not too much, like a lot of other message boards. the idea for old school and new school forums is nice, though. thats been talked about for the past couple years, but when we get that done, i see the forum activity levels boosting. as far as coverage, i'm still tryna get my klientel spot up on the main site. i approached the dubcnn staff with the idea back in october and was told we could get somethin done...i promised my peeps a promo spot and they been askin me about it ever since. i provided the bio/music/pics etc. cant be too hard to post it up on the site, can it? not THIS hard, at least LOL....klientel been lookin at me like i lied to him or somethin. hook it up, seer 8) im releasin my x-raided track this week and i really wanted to see the dubcnn spot up before we dropped it. lookin more and more like it wont go down that way. it is what it is, though. glad ya'll are workin towards makin moves.