Author Topic: A MESSAGE TO DUBCNN STUFF - NIMA, LIL' JAY, RUD ETC - PLEEEASE RESPOND!!!  (Read 3254 times)

Blasphemy (A)

many threads with 90s crap even this forum has become dead weight. Maybe they should split the west coast section into a old (80s, 90s, 2000s) and 2010s-present section.  I mean it would at the very it would filter out the threads reasking the same questions. Maybe add a new admin to redirect people to the original threads with answers.
i have an idea about that :)

They should also rethink about reskinning this shit. giving it a sleaker look. this shit looks old as fuck.

it will happen, but it'll be a while.. its moving to dubcnn/forum and will be reskinned, and upgraded

and anything else... people need to give nima the info.. he can't write about something he don't know about.. you HAVE to come correct, come professional and not expect people to do it all for em.. write something up like a press release that he or anyone else can tweak, and give some audio to sweeten the deal..

obviously nima and anyone else will have chased up connections for stuff they like, and who they want to connect to and thats a bunch of work.. anyone else has to reach out, build that relationship.

so without a hookup to dubcnn people dont get coverage - simple as that.

another one major reason people dont get covered is, the info comes through fans who found it on other sites (so its basically being bitten)

Isn't the whole point of running  a west-coast hip-hop related site is that you're finding it yourself. I'm sorry but that just makes dubcnn appear half-ass if your own staff isn't finding out the information. I think most of the people who contributed to the site left when the forum fell apart. The site around 2008 was always buzzing, always had new stories up, new Audio, New mixtape, I never need to visit any other site. Now you're promoting artist from fucking the fucking UK (very west).  You got parts on the site that says NEw Audio (2006-2008), that's bad. If you're making a new site, how about including a link to dubcnn TV.

As for the forum, I think you need to find better mods. so I Nominate my self.  8)

many threads with 90s crap even this forum has become dead weight. Maybe they should split the west coast section into a old (80s, 90s, 2000s) and 2010s-present section.  I mean it would at the very it would filter out the threads reasking the same questions. Maybe add a new admin to redirect people to the original threads with answers.
i have an idea about that :)

They should also rethink about reskinning this shit. giving it a sleaker look. this shit looks old as fuck.

it will happen, but it'll be a while.. its moving to dubcnn/forum and will be reskinned, and upgraded

and anything else... people need to give nima the info.. he can't write about something he don't know about.. you HAVE to come correct, come professional and not expect people to do it all for em.. write something up like a press release that he or anyone else can tweak, and give some audio to sweeten the deal..

obviously nima and anyone else will have chased up connections for stuff they like, and who they want to connect to and thats a bunch of work.. anyone else has to reach out, build that relationship.

so without a hookup to dubcnn people dont get coverage - simple as that.

another one major reason people dont get covered is, the info comes through fans who found it on other sites (so its basically being bitten)

i like the color scheme/features on this forum compared to most others....i dont think we need to upgrade to something TOO fancy. the simplicity works well. would be nice if we could keep it original with the same basic skin. easy on the eyes and it's not too much, like a lot of other message boards. the idea for old school and new school forums is nice, though. thats been talked about for the past couple years, but when we get that done, i see the forum activity levels boosting. as far as coverage, i'm still tryna get my klientel spot up on the main site. i approached the dubcnn staff with the idea back in october and was told we could get somethin done...i promised my peeps a promo spot and they been askin me about it ever since. i provided the bio/music/pics etc. cant be too hard to post it up on the site, can it? not THIS hard, at least LOL....klientel been lookin at me like i lied to him or somethin. hook it up, seer 8) im releasin my x-raided track this week and i really wanted to see the dubcnn spot up before we dropped it. lookin more and more like it wont go down that way. it is what it is, though. glad ya'll are workin towards makin moves.

I Don't think they will feature you, given your past forum history. Any type of exposure gets effectively blown up worse then when vanilla ice was trying to be hardcore.

Sccit

^not really...i wasnt ever "exposed" for anythin other than family facebook pics and dumbass love letters my girl sent me years ago. nothin like tanner or anythin close to that.speakin of tanner, pretty sure i've seen some hopsin promo on there... Klientel/L.A.M.B should be gettin a feature soon, considering he's puttin out an album with 3 Fingazz produced tracks and already has a nice followin out in So Cal.

Blasphemy (A)

^not really...i wasnt ever "exposed" for anythin other than family facebook pics and dumbass love letters my girl sent me years ago. nothin like tanner or anythin close to that.speakin of tanner, pretty sure i've seen some hopsin promo on there... Klientel/L.A.M.B should be gettin a feature soon, considering he's puttin out an album with 3 Fingazz produced tracks and already has a nice followin out in So Cal.

Officer Ricky wasn't as bad as tanner, but a jewish guy from Woodland Hills, who's post history contains a lot of absurdity isn't exactly screaming Super-Star. If you became a local favorite I'd say consider yourself lucky.  8)

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Officer Ricky wasn't as bad as tanner, but a jewish guy from Woodland Hills, who's post history contains a lot of absurdity isn't exactly screaming Super-Star. If you became a local favorite I'd say consider yourself lucky.  8)

Imagine if on top of ALL that you was one of them Euros! Automatic disqualifier! Consider yourself lucky you ain't!

Blasphemy (A)

Imagine if on top of ALL that you was one of them Euros! Automatic disqualifier! Consider yourself lucky you ain't!

Dubcnn was promoting people from the UK lol at least NIK is in fucking cali

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Dubcnn was promoting people from the UK lol at least NIK is in fucking cali

& in the meantime, GENUINE artists get NO mention on the main page & barely get mentioned in the threads the fans start. I agree something ain't quite right there.

Sccit

lol...i'm the only jewish dude reppin L.A.M.B, my dude. like thats supposed to be somethin bad, though? and aint nothin wrong with the valley. 2pac used to stay out in the valley back when he got outta jail. lota peeps in socal got mad love for the 818. and since i brought up hopsin, he's from the valley, as well. anyways...point is, good music is good music. the whole L.A.M.B clique is comin out with some dope shit, and u bout 2 see for urself, my friend

Blasphemy (A)

Officer Ricky wasn't as bad as tanner, but a jewish guy from Woodland Hills, who's post history contains a lot of absurdity isn't exactly screaming Super-Star. If you became a local favorite I'd say consider yourself lucky.  8)

lol...i'm the only jewish dude reppin L.A.M.B, my dude. like thats supposed to be somethin bad, though? and aint nothin wrong with the valley. 2pac used to stay out in the valley back when he got outta jail. lota peeps in socal got mad love for the 818. and since i brought up hopsin, he's from the valley, as well. anyways...point is, good music is good music. the whole L.A.M.B clique is comin out with some dope shit, and u bout 2 see for urself, my friend

yeah.. but hopsin never complained about getting a 04 year car in 04. and while your rapping about being the back of a bush with a machete and a sack of kush, reality is you were crying cause you got popped for some weed, in fucking cali, a state where even the cops don't give a hsit, I mean shit Wiz Khalfia facing charges of distribution and he's not crying. Given all the stuff you posted about your life, you'll never make it, You set your own self up for failure. Lil B got more street cred then you. The fact a fan-made Apple/2pac commercial made the front page of dubcnn is actually kind of sad.

And no one is checking for Hopsin except Trolls.

I mean shit dude, Petey been shitting on you for years, he comes at you with no aggression for 1 minute and you forget about all the harassing him and other posters did to your family. You's a bitch man, and I aint dissing I'm just being real.

Sccit

yeah.. but hopsin never complained about getting a 04 year car in 04. and while your rapping about being the back of a bush with a machete and a sack of kush, reality is you were crying cause you got popped for some weed, in fucking cali, a state where even the cops don't give a hsit, I mean shit Wiz Khalfia facing charges of distribution and he's not crying. Given all the stuff you posted about your life, you'll never make it, You set your own self up for failure. Lil B got more street cred then you. The fact a fan-made Apple/2pac commercial made the front page of dubcnn is actually kind of sad.

And no one is checking for Hopsin except Trolls.

I mean shit dude, Petey been shitting on you for years, he comes at you with no aggression for 1 minute and you forget about all the harassing him and other posters did to your family. You's a bitch man, and I aint dissing I'm just being real.

hop off, foreal. if petey comes at me correct, i'll come at him correct. fact of the matter is, he used to ride my nuts all the time n was rollin on a trollin bandwaggon. he hopped off, so i let it go. i used to diss the shit out of him too back n those days, it went both ways. grown folks dont hold grudges over meaningless drama. n i never complained about any car, i said i wasnt able 2 get the car of my dreams, which was true... + if you wana go back, that weed charge was in my younger days, back when i still had a lot to learn in life. i admit, i was childish back then n i was in a bad state, but that's a reach to say someone can't put out dope music because of some bullshit like that, like they got exposed for being raped or some shit lmao. fact of the matter is, the rap game is bitch nowadays. L.A.M.B would shit all over most these punk ass suckaz comin out, and some internet trolling aint gunna stop that.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
^lol @ saying "I used to diss the shit out him too". He ABUSED you forever & you took it like a bitch.

Sccit

he said some fucked up shit about my fam and i said some fucked up shit about his...everything else is meaningless. if lettin that go is bitchmade, then it goes both ways. but fact of the matter is, puttin shit in the past aint bitch shit. i never really had a problem with petey, other than the fact that he was on the bandwaggon. if u come at me correct, i will respond accordingly. same goes for everyone. i'm not a naturally hateful person.

Don Seer

Isn't the whole point of running  a west-coast hip-hop related site is that you're finding it yourself. I'm sorry but that just makes dubcnn appear half-ass if your own staff isn't finding out the information.

I never said that EVERYONE has to come.. but as it stands certain members of staff have certain connections and relationships they've built.. if stuff is outside the channels they've built then they can't reach it, and if they arent particularly interested in it, then of course they aren't chasing it. they chase what they like.

this is why every site has its own slant on things.. some sites only chase certain artists and crews because they've made that one hookup.

shit ebbs and flows.. i aint up on what dubcnn is doing newswise, but i know theres a big change brewing, and with what will happen with the forum it should help.

nikcc > the forum upgrade is a move from SMF 1.1 > 2 .. there may be minor changes to the layout and sections, plus the url change.. but ultimately there may even be a 'new skin', and the option to revert to the old one if you prefer it.. hell i'd love to have ALL old dubcc skins and logos available as options..  BUT.. and i'll break this down on its own line as it applies to dubcnn too.

all this is provided for free - so really. remember that because we're doing it out of our own goodwill, love and using our own time - so - it is what it is..
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 03:47:37 AM by Don Seer »

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Isn't the whole point of running  a west-coast hip-hop related site is that you're finding it yourself. I'm sorry but that just makes dubcnn appear half-ass if your own staff isn't finding out the information.

all this is provided for free - so really. remember that because we're doing it out of our own goodwill, love and using our own time - so - it is what it is..

This is indeed something noteworthy: I know for a fact there are other very known sites who work for PAYOLA & Dubcnn is NOT one of them.
You want anames? Hell I'll give you one: World Star Hip Hop: they ask for $750 to feature a video. How do I know? I asked.
So in terms of integrity & dedication, I have little to complain about.

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
he said some fucked up shit about my fam and i said some fucked up shit about his...everything else is meaningless. if lettin that go is bitchmade, then it goes both ways. but fact of the matter is, puttin shit in the past aint bitch shit. i never really had a problem with petey, other than the fact that he was on the bandwaggon. if u come at me correct, i will respond accordingly. same goes for everyone. i'm not a naturally hateful person.

lol @ this clown

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.

lol @ this clown

For real.