Author Topic: Crooked I Wont Drop His Album Why?????????????????????????????  (Read 287 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Re: Crooked I Wont Drop His Album Why?????????????????????????????
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008, 11:09:15 PM »
all you fuckers are on point on this one man... of course a good fan is gon love the shit hes doin droppin shit constantly but you also wud love to see an actual album project drop to pay him back by coppin it...

the only thing is that if ur a  true fan of his your not gona hold that against him, cuz lets face it now adays there is MIXTAPES, MIXTAPESS way better than ''quality albums'' out there .

There definitely are, but that doesn't mean that mixtapes are worth more than albums are, overall. The most talked about mixtape in the last few years seems to be Joe Budden's "Mood Muzik 3", but it's people who still don't know anything about it because they aren't as interested in the mixtape scene, and because mixtapes will only reach so many people.

And mixtapes are cool for artists who just came out...but when we've literally seen 200 rappers come out since we first heard of Crooked I, and seen most major rappers drop 4-5 albums since then, it's like damn...what's really going on? It's funny that when we first heard of Game, we were like "he's cool, but he's no Crooked I"...but five years later, he has dropped two full albums, AND has singles proving he has a new one coming out now...AND STILL has had a lot of mixtapes to go along with it. So as much as I think Crooked is a better rapper than Game, he has to prove it by doing more than just freestyles and mixtapes that don't hold but so much replay value.

lost_assassin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2008, 11:27:30 PM »
all you fuckers are on point on this one man... of course a good fan is gon love the shit hes doin droppin shit constantly but you also wud love to see an actual album project drop to pay him back by coppin it...

the only thing is that if ur a  true fan of his your not gona hold that against him, cuz lets face it now adays there is MIXTAPES, MIXTAPESS way better than ''quality albums'' out there .

There definitely are, but that doesn't mean that mixtapes are worth more than albums are, overall. The most talked about mixtape in the last few years seems to be Joe Budden's "Mood Muzik 3", but it's people who still don't know anything about it because they aren't as interested in the mixtape scene, and because mixtapes will only reach so many people.

And mixtapes are cool for artists who just came out...but when we've literally seen 200 rappers come out since we first heard of Crooked I, and seen most major rappers drop 4-5 albums since then, it's like damn...what's really going on? It's funny that when we first heard of Game, we were like "he's cool, but he's no Crooked I"...but five years later, he has dropped two full albums, AND has singles proving he has a new one coming out now...AND STILL has had a lot of mixtapes to go along with it. So as much as I think Crooked is a better rapper than Game, he has to prove it by doing more than just freestyles and mixtapes that don't hold but so much replay value.

agree, liek i said in another thread up n comin artists can only bang on mixtapes for so long until their momentum runs out other wise they gon be stuck on that scene, for FUCK SAKE'S mixtapes were invented to PROMOTE albums no?
Cowards Only Wanna Act Hard When Its Convenient-Planet Asia(9mm)

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2008, 11:37:37 PM »
Yall mofoz need to relax..this dude just dropped 52  joints back to back ..thats 3 full albums ..in 12 months.yall shouldnt be tripping about when this kid is going to drop the album..and before that youve listened to tons of crooked i albums..lets face it...if yall are true fans.youve about recieved more than enough Crooked..and he keeps servin more FREE shit..lets just says.when the album drops we all gonna cop that shit just to pay him back for all that classic shits hes been dropping through the years TAX FREE ..FREE of charge..shit heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereee...I could careless when the album drops as long as my appetite is getting fed im GOOD!!

Now chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch 8)

I appreciate the fact that he puts out music period, and lets us hear him...but truth is, an album is a much better representation of an artist than any mixtapes or freestyles can show. The fact that he dropped "3 full albums" of material here shows that he can be productive enough to make an album, so why not? The thing is, these mixtapes and the like never have the same replay value or impact that albums have. How many mixtapes do people still play and talk about on the regular from 2003? And that was the year that the most "classic" mixtapes dropped, because everybody was following 50's pattern...now the game has burnt out.

Comparing his Hip Hop weeklys and mixtape/freestyle material to an album is like comparing a Basketball player playing half court 3 on 3 games at the park to playing full length 5 on 5 games that run plays and have set structure. It's like yeah, we see the skill...but we want to see you put it to use and do something of substance with it.

Real talk!!!