Author Topic: Eminem - "The Eminem Show"  (Read 4087 times)

Jome

Re: Eminem vs. Canibus & Bubba
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2002, 12:43:15 PM »
Noone has mentioned the eminent battle between these two.  Canibus dissed Em all over his last release, "C True Hollywood...".  I doubt if Em will let that slide, and at this point my money is on Eminem come out on top.  'Bus seems to be sliding backwards a little lately and not really pushing himself lyrically.  we shall see.  And of course Bubba keeps poking at Em with that song he did on SNL.  Em could kill retardo-bubba with a few words.

Whut whut? Bubba dissed Eminem?
I strongly doubt that, as Bubba said that Eminem made the road for white rappers, and that he would like to work with him.

And I dont see the point in dissing Canibus, as that's what Canibus is sitting around waiting for right now. It'll only make people buy Canibus-cds, and that's probably not what Eminem want.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Murrow

Re: Eminem - "The Eminem Show"
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2002, 08:41:07 AM »
From HipHopSite.Com:

Eminem has compared his latest opus, The Eminem Show, to Jim Carrey’s The Truman Show. Also, The Eminem Show’s lead single, “Without You”, will be shipped to radio on 4-26-02.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2002, 01:00:29 PM »
From HipHopSite.Com:

Eminem has compared his latest opus, The Eminem Show, to Jim Carrey’s The Truman Show. Also, The Eminem Show’s lead single, “Without You”, will be shipped to radio on 4-26-02.

good post homie, hope this be true so we can hear somethin fresh of eminem

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
Re: Eminem vs. Canibus & Bubba
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2002, 08:24:31 PM »
Whut whut? Bubba dissed Eminem?
I would also like to know more about the diss on Eminem (by Bubba Sparxxx). . .

quizzac

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: bubba diss
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2002, 03:04:18 AM »
yeah, it's a real subtle diss on Em, on Bubba's album, (like track 4 or 6?) saying something like "I can see why they gonna hate us, walking around like 'break us' " and he imitates that loudspeaker vocal effect that Em uses on his last single, then saying "Say what", like it's unintelligable.  He is basically trying to say that Em is in everyones face causing trouble and he can see why black rappers would hate him because of that, and he needs to be more calm and respectful.  But then Bubba goes on the net saying that he respects Em, and THEN goes and performs this same song on Saturday Night Live again.  Whatever, retardo, Ems gonna getcha.

Jome

Re: bubba diss
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2002, 07:42:46 AM »
yeah, it's a real subtle diss on Em, on Bubba's album, (like track 4 or 6?) saying something like "I can see why they gonna hate us, walking around like 'break us' " and he imitates that loudspeaker vocal effect that Em uses on his last single, then saying "Say what", like it's unintelligable.  He is basically trying to say that Em is in everyones face causing trouble and he can see why black rappers would hate him because of that, and he needs to be more calm and respectful.  But then Bubba goes on the net saying that he respects Em, and THEN goes and performs this same song on Saturday Night Live again.  Whatever, retardo, Ems gonna getcha.

Yeah, I heard this joint, but this can hardly be counted as a diss, at least a VERY vague one.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2002, 08:57:59 AM »
He went on to reveal that the new Eminem album would showcase a more mature side to the rapper. ‘Expect the same stuff Eminem has bought in the past, just a lot more mature,’ said Proof. ‘If you think Eminem has spoken on every topic you can think of, he brings some new ones. The skills and the talent are even more evident on this one.’

Proof added that the album wasn’t heavy on guest rappers: ‘The only guest spots are Obie Trice, D12 and Nate Dogg. No one else. There's also a lot more diss tracks on there. But I can't tell you who, that's a surprise.’

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Murrow

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2002, 12:29:38 PM »
EMINEM has said that his new album 'THE EMINEM SHOW' has been influenced by '70s rock.  
The album, the rapper's third solo effort, is due for release on June 3, with a single 'Without Me' to precede it on May 20. Speaking in the current issue of The Face, the controversial rapper claimed that the likes of "Led Zeppelin or Aerosmith" have been an influence on how the record sounds.  

He said: "I don't know if I succeeded or not but I was trying to capture like a '70s rock vibe for most of it. We treated this record like it was a rock record in so far as how it's produced. It's, like, loud.  

"There's a lot of guitars in it. There's a lot of hiphop shit, too. Like, strictly hiphop shit. I tried to get the best of both worlds. But I listened to a lot of '70s rock growing up, when I was real little. When I go back and listen to them songs, like Led Zeppelin or Aerosmith or Jimi Hendrix...'70s rock had this incredible feel to it."  

Eminem has co-produced the record with long-time collaborator Dr Dre. Tracks that feature on the album are set to include 'Without Me', 'Business', 'Dream On', 'Collapse' and 'Hailie's Song'.  

Eminem confessed that the drama in his life has been an inspiration. He commented: "It's like I need drama in my life to inspire me a lot, instead of just trying to reach for something. Last year was a really rough year for me. You know, divorce and trying to raise my little girl. Obstacles are thrown at me - you've just got to fall or you don't fall. And I can't fall."

closetothalimit

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2002, 07:19:56 PM »
i dont know if y'all seen this but i just found a photo of the cover, just a little different from the ad. heres the link:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00006690F.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

it might just be the limited edition cover

quizzac

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
"The Eminem Show" first-single question...
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2002, 07:11:30 AM »
qestion: is em's first single out on the 19th in some places?  and won't it show up on da web very kwikly?

Murrow

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2002, 07:45:22 AM »
Yeah, Friday will be when the radios will start playing the song.

Murrow

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2002, 12:02:23 PM »
MTV.com

Eminem dresses up like Osama bin Laden and spoofs "The Sally Jesse Raphael Show" in the video for his new single, "Without Me."  

Slim Shady shot the clip for the first single from The Eminem Show in Los Angeles last weekend with director Joseph Kahn (Britney Spears, DMX), according to his Interscope Records spokesperson. Dr. Dre, D12 and Obie Trice, a new Shady Records artist, appear in the video.  

"Without Me," which is scheduled to debut at radio outlets later this month, was described by a spokesperson as reminiscent of the lead singles from The Slim Shady LP ("My Name Is") and The Marshall Mathers LP ("The Real Slim Shady").  

While The Eminem Show, which is due June 4 (moved from May 2, will include some production from Dr. Dre, Eminem worked the boards on his own for most of the tracks (see "The Doc's Diagnosis: Eminem Still Crazy").

The video for "Without Me" will debut on an episode of MTV's "Making the Video" in early May.  

Eminem and D12 are scheduled to perform on "Saturday Night Live" on May 11.  

Murrow

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2002, 01:29:18 PM »
Here are songs that will end up on the album (Confirmed)

1.  Cleaning Out My Closet  
2.  Without Me
3.  Business
4.  Dream On
5.  Collapse  
6.  Hailie's Song  
7.  What You Say  
8.  White America
9.  Soldier    

Murrow

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2002, 08:50:51 AM »
"The Eminem Show" tracklist is shaping up to be like this...expect maybe Rakim or Truth to appear on the final version :.

1. PSA
2.White America
3.Business
4.Cleaning out my closet
5.Square Dance
6.Steve Berman(Skit)
7.Soldier
8.Stimulate
9.Drips
10.Without Me
11. Ken Kaniff(Skit)
12. Dream On
13. Superman f/Dina Rae
14. Hallie's Song
15. Music Stops f/D12
16. What U Say
17. Collaspe f/Nate Dogg
18. Gone Crazy f/ Hailie Jade

KVB

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2002, 08:55:36 AM »

15. My Dad's Gone Crazy ft. Hailie

LOL is that really his daughter singing on the hook... lol... "featuring Hailie" ... that shit is just funny... lol