Author Topic: Eminem - "The Eminem Show"  (Read 4192 times)

Murrow

Re: Eminem - "The Eminem Show"
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2002, 08:36:41 AM »
EMINEM’S RAP SHEET    

Slim Shady Returns With New Album, Film  

April 23, 2002

Welcome back, Em. Things have been really dull since you’ve been gone.

Rap superstar Eminem has been awfully quiet lately—except for the occasional $100k settlement with the guy who kissed his wife, or getting sued by a French composer for copyright infringement.

But the artist known variously as Marshall Mathers and Slim Shady is ready to return with a vengeance—as well as a brand-new album and biopic.

His new Interscope album, The Eminem Show, will hit streets June 4 (moved back from its original 5/28 date), with first single "Without Me" being described as in the vein of such smashes as "My Name Is" and "The Real Slim Shady." It’s Em’s first solo effort since The Marshall Mathers LP bowed May 23, 2000, with a record-shattering 1.8 million in sales on its way to a current OTC total of 8.7 million.

The video for "Without Me" was shot in L.A. recently by Joseph Kahn (Britney Spears, DMX, Moby’s new "We Are All Made of Stars"), and features Dr. Dre along with Shady Records artists D12 and new signing Obie Trice, all of whom also contribute to the album. In the clip, Eminem reportedly dresses up as Osama bin Laden and does a take-off on The Sally Jesse Raphael Show. It’s slated to debut next Monday (4/29) on an episode of MTV’s Making the Video.

"Without Me" goes to radio on 4/26, while Eminem and D12 will perform on Saturday Night Live 5/11, hosted by Kirsten Dunst. A summer tour is also planned with Ludacris, Papa Roach, Xzibit and X-ecutioners, running July 24-Sept. 12.

Dr. Dre produced four tracks on the new record, with Eminem behind the boards for a majority of the rest; Dre also appears on one song with Em ("What You Say," the b-side to the single), while Nate Dogg makes a cameo on "Till I Collapse." "Cleaning Out My Closet," heard on the trailer to Universal’s upcoming Eminem biopic, 8 Mile, is also on the album.  

The movie, named after a street in the rapper’s Detroit hometown, hits theaters Nov. 8. Produced by Oscar winner Brian Grazer (A Beautiful Mind) and directed by Curtis Hanson (L.A. Confidential, Wonder Boys), the film boasts Em playing a young Detroit rapper named Jimmy Smith Jr., "who struggles with his anger through music." It co-stars Kim Basinger as his notorious mom (spurring tabloid rumors of an on-set romance), Britanny Murphy (the "I’ll never tell" girl from Don’t Say a Word) as his wife and E.R.’s Mekhi Phifer, along with Dr. Dre and Xzibit.  

There will be a separate soundtrack release, which will include "three or four new Eminem songs," according to manager Paul Rosenberg, between gulps of chicken soup. "People are not going to believe it, but The Eminem Show is his best record yet—no question about it. It’s the most consistent from beginning to end, and shows more growth than either of the other two."

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news03380

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Funky_Kitchen

• Lil Geezy
  • I luv marshall mathers 4 eva
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2002, 09:43:35 AM »
marshall mathers u r so fine
You Aint Gettin Non of Dis

Murrow

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2002, 01:54:27 PM »
DRE IS SETTING IT OFF WITH JERMAINE DUPRI...

DR. DRE is not one to shy away from speaking his mind, and he's speaking his mind in calling out JERMAINE DUPRI for a verbal war. Dr. Dre is going after So So Def CEO Dupri on Eminem's new album "The Eminem Show" which is set to be released June 4th. On the song "What You Say," Dre comes for Jermaine with the lyrics, "Over 80 million records sold, and I didn't have to do it with 10 and 11 year olds." WOW!! Then he curses at Jermaine saying adding, "F_ _ _ Jermaine" in the song. Do you ask WHY Dre is coming for Jermain this hard? Well, it appears that Dre is upset by a comment Jermaine's made complaining about not being considered a great producer like Dre and TIMBALAND. So I guess this is how Dre responds to that statement. Let's see if Jermaine comes back with anything. But in the meantime, Dre is busy producing albums by his newest discovery TRUTH HURTS (which was #8 on Flex's top 8@8 yesterday may I add), and he is also working with rap pioneer RAKIM from the duo ERIC B & RAKIM. He's also in the process of recording what he calls a hip-hop musical called "Detox" which he says will be his final album as an artist. As for Jermaine you can see him perform with LUDACRIS on BET's "Spring Bling," tomorrow night and he also appearing Sunday night on a hip-hop version of NBC's "Weakest Link."

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2002, 04:57:17 PM »
back to the topic in which we were discussing whether or not bubba ever dissed eminem...i think he is trying to get at em someway whether good or bad because if you listen to the song 'ugly' u'll notice that he says this:
'i said my momma, it seems as if i love her don't it'

we all know that em doesn't like hit mother at all so do you think that was aimed at em in anyway? i'm not necessarily meaning as a diss though, what do yall think, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Jome

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2002, 06:39:04 PM »
back to the topic in which we were discussing whether or not bubba ever dissed eminem...i think he is trying to get at em someway whether good or bad because if you listen to the song 'ugly' u'll notice that he says this:
'i said my momma, it seems as if i love her don't it'

we all know that em doesn't like hit mother at all so do you think that was aimed at em in anyway? i'm not necessarily meaning as a diss though, what do yall think, peace.

That would be to stretch it pretty far, if you should interpreter every line he says, you could twist it so that even a love song sounds like a diss track.

quizzac

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2002, 08:07:43 AM »
Yeah, I wouldn't call Sparky's words a diss, but he is definately poking at Mr. Shady with disdain.  Why even refer  to Em at all?  I really hope Blubba gets a spanking on June 4th.  I think he was overrated to begin with.  Without Timmy what would he be?...

Murrow

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2002, 08:41:06 AM »
HipHopSite:  Whoever the responsible parties are for keeping such a tight lid on Eminem’s anxiously awaited The Eminem Show should be personally appointed to the Homeland Safety committee. In this day and age of bootlegging and CD burning, if you can keep an LP off the net two-months before it drops, you’re doing something right and as big as this release is----fuhgataboutit… Also, a little scuttle about Em’s new LP, apparently for the video to “Without Me” Eminem dresses up like Bin Laden, Batman & Robin and Moby? Lastly, word is Em has collaborated on a track with Rakim, which is entitled “Collapse.”

+[=PHI@SK0=]+

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2002, 11:34:12 AM »
Yo wadup, i didn't read all the replies so i dont know if anyone mentioned this, but i was listening to power 106 today this morning, and they played one of the songs from his new album, dont know which one tho.... i didn't realy like the beat that much altho it was kinda hard to hear cuz i was in a bad area so it was staticy, but i could hear it for the most part. but i loved his lyrics and delivery, he comes off on this track in a totally different style than any of his other songs, i mean he just sounds different, not for the better or worse, but it sounds good, i have no idea wut the song was called... but from wut i've heard of the MAMA song on the 8mile preview, i like the MAMA song better, but this is a pretty dope song, the first thot that came into my mind when i first turned on the radio was "PURPLE PILLS"... but it sounds different, ya'll have to to hear it fo yah self... one!
Please visit http://www.hubba.com/phiasko to download/listen to quality beats and remixes produced but Phiasko.[/glow]
Naz-T - Frontline LP (Coming Soon)
http://www.nazt-and-phiasko.cjb.net
Produced by: Phiasko
[/glow]

Don Seer

« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2002, 11:43:20 AM »
::.. link=board=fouroneone;num=1009207775;start=40#53 date=04/26/02 at 16:34:12]Yo wadup, i didn't read all the replies so i dont know if anyone mentioned this, but i was listening to power 106 today this morning, and they played one of the songs from his new album, dont know which one tho.... i didn't realy like the beat that much altho it was kinda hard to hear cuz i was in a bad area so it was staticy, but i could hear it for the most part. but i loved his lyrics and delivery, he comes off on this track in a totally different style than any of his other songs, i mean he just sounds different, not for the better or worse, but it sounds good, i have no idea wut the song was called... but from wut i've heard of the MAMA song on the 8mile preview, i like the MAMA song better, but this is a pretty dope song, the first thot that came into my mind when i first turned on the radio was "PURPLE PILLS"... but it sounds different, ya'll have to to hear it fo yah self... one!

thats the first single 'without me' sounds like purple hills to me.. so much i was singing purple hills bits after i heard it - lol

+[=PHI@SK0=]+

« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2002, 08:25:36 PM »
ohhh... my homie just got the official album, his friend had a hookup, and he paid 35 dollars for the actual copy thats gonna be sold in stores (he really loves eminem, lol, to pay that much) ... but anyways, he told me it's FUCKIN TYTE, he said it's awsome, he's gonna burn it for me, so i'll let you know my opinion if i get it before it comes out... one
Please visit http://www.hubba.com/phiasko to download/listen to quality beats and remixes produced but Phiasko.[/glow]
Naz-T - Frontline LP (Coming Soon)
http://www.nazt-and-phiasko.cjb.net
Produced by: Phiasko
[/glow]

T.A.GUERRERO

• Lil Geezy
  • "Leap Of Faith" Droppin 2003
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2002, 12:39:13 AM »
Any chance I could get a copy? I'm still gonna pick up a copy but just like the ems last one...I want an advace :)

-T.A.
"Leap Of Faith" Droppin 2003

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2002, 03:01:00 AM »

thats the first single 'without me' sounds like purple hills to me.. so much i was singing purple hills bits after i heard it - lol

i only heard the hook so far and yeah the beat sounds exactly like purple pills.....which in my opinion was kinda wack, but imma wait n see

peace

quizzac

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2002, 05:07:42 AM »
can anyone put up "Without Me" in mp3 or WAV?  i aint hearing it here in da Loo.

Head Honcho

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2002, 06:44:15 AM »
It's on Kazaa and audiogalaxy - but there's 2 versions: the real song and a looped version

quizzac

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2002, 11:54:06 AM »
"Without Me" starts with lines referring to a song by Canibus, from "C-True Hollywood..."

that "round the outside, round the outside" thing.  

I don't know what it means... I thought it was a line out of "The Catcher In The Rye".